(Topic ID: 173775)

Proper edicate when posting want ads on Pinside

By AtomicChuck

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have been collecting for 20 years and I have alot of stuff I'll never use. I spend time and go thru the Pinside market place and find ads for parts that I might have. Then I rumage thru boxes and drawers find the part, send pics, pricing, and shipping cost. Most people are great, however as in every hobby you have these guys who never respond back, contact you later and tell you they already found one, or basically waste your time and try and talk you down on parts or shipping.

My point is , if you place an ad, please respond regardless. If you don't need it anymore, delete your ad. If you ask for a 5pc whitewater ramp set and I offer it to you for $250 don't tell me about your " pinball budget ", please place a wanted ad for a NOS 5 Pc Ramp set for $100, so I don't waste my time.

I also ran into this the other day, I sent a part to guy in Canada and I had no idea that they charged a DUTY FEE based on the value of what you send. Foolish of me however this guy got stuck with $35 worth of fees because I overvalued the part I sent him. My Point to the Canada buyer, please remind us USA sellers that we need to be aware of the duty fees.

#2 7 years ago

I think proper spelling is very important.

#3 7 years ago

I will also add that adding a picture of what you want or a part# never hurts either.

#5 7 years ago

And Chuck is a great guy to work with. CP Pinball is an awesome place.

#6 7 years ago

I'm that Canadian guy and Chuck actually refunded me part of the duty just because he felt bad. I only told him about it so he'd be aware of it for the future and in no way expected ANY refund.

He went well above and beyond. Thanks again for the part, it works perfectly!

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

beautiful...

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I would hope proper etiquette for posting ANYTHING on Pinside would include correcting a thread title that has garishly bad spelling, once it has been pointed out!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/proper-edicate-when-posting-want-ads-on-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.