7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Prmailers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Homer-Hotdog-the-simpsons.jpg
    IMG_0308.JPG
    SB_aftermath_4_(640x480).jpg
    SB_aftermath_2_(640x480).jpg
    SB_aftermath_3.png
    SB_aftermath_1.png

#1 7 years ago

SB_aftermath_1.pngA little sand but don`t look half bad considering where their located

More to follow

#2 7 years ago

Big files won`t let me put them all up at once

#3 7 years ago

Photo 2

SB_aftermath_3.png

#4 7 years ago

Photo 3

#5 7 years ago

Photo 4

#6 7 years ago

Sorry the size won`t allow me to load them

#3 & #4

#7 7 years ago

Link to the other photos?

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Sorry the size won`t allow me to load them
    #3 & #4

i created a group on facebook called pinball enthusiasts, if you are on FB, please join the group and try to post the pictures there. maybe they will load on fb

#9 7 years ago

But what is salvageable from that mess? They had so many em's that you don't see anymore, what a shame . I have been there a few times this past year , and once I took Robin there as well. Before Pics are on Pinside

#10 7 years ago

I am resizing them
    Duh had a V/8 moment

SB_aftermath_2_(640x480).jpg SB_aftermath_4_(640x480).jpg #3 #4 that`s all of them

#11 7 years ago

wow, what a shame.... hopefully some will still be salvageable

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

But what is salvageable from that mess? They had so many em's that you don't see anymore, what a shame . I have been there a few times this past year , and once I took Robin there as well. Before Pics are on Pinside

From the one photo they (the pins) look like the floor is buckled see the lean?
    Or the legs on the L/s collapsed?

#13 7 years ago

I am trying to find the water line, maybe they were totally submerged, maybe thats why I can't find the water line , because its on the ceiling

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from ebjimmyg:

i created a group on facebook called pinball enthusiasts, if you are on FB, please join the group and try to post the pictures there. maybe they will load on fb

I got it now
    thanx

#15 7 years ago

First I always hope no one was hurt there and also hope the EM's are OK as there is enough of those going in dumpsters every year without this extra catastrophe.

Ken

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

I am trying to find the water line, maybe they were totally submerged, maybe thats why I can't find the water line , because its on the ceiling

Highly doubt that. There was a news clip I watched (sorry no link) that said they were working their hardest to reopen this coming Friday.

#17 7 years ago

Wow...what a shame...some of the pins there were used pretty hard, but none deserved that....

Wonder if they need any volunteers for help?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

First I always hope no one was hurt there and also hope the EM's are OK as there is enough of those going in dumpsters every year without this extra catastrophe.
    Ken

Exactly

#19 7 years ago

Terrible, I'm surprised they didn't do more to protect these machines. I wonder how the MM made out -- it wasn't but 15 feet from that Sopranos.

#20 7 years ago

The signs on the wall above the Skee ball and shuffle bowler are warped like they were submerged. The paint on the wall by the skee ball looks like it started to bubble up too. Not a good sign.......I would loved to see some pictures from the street side to see if any debris is on the windows there.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Highly doubt that. There was a news clip I watched (sorry no link) that said they were working their hardest to reopen this coming Friday.

I hope you are right

#23 7 years ago

Their website says that they're working to open asap but without a specific date.

#24 7 years ago

I'd assume they were not submerged, just from the fact they, being wood, would have some buoyancy and would have moved around in that much water and been highly unlikely to all have settled back on their legs.

#25 7 years ago

I don't think they'd float. They'd start filling with water at the coin door. Someone call Mythbusters.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I don't think they'd float. They'd start filling with water at the coin door. Someone call Mythbusters.

Sadly, the PAPA flood pictures may give you the answers.

http://www.papa.org/flood/

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Wow...what a shame...some of the pins there were used pretty hard, but none deserved that....
    Wonder if they need any volunteers for help?

If anyone needs it, I was trained on recovering electronics that have been dropped in saltwater and I can walk you through it. It's not hard.

I hope they unplugged all of these machines ahead of the storm. Or at least that they lost power before the water came in.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from williams:

Sadly, the PAPA flood pictures may give you the answers.

unfortunately your right!

#29 7 years ago

Was the PAPA tournament held near a river that jumped the banks. Ugh, that is sick.

#30 7 years ago

update from silverballmuseum.com

Copied & pasted directly so sorry about the caps...

WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE SANDY. MOST OF THE MUSEUM’S BOARDWALK WINDOWS WERE BLOWN IN BY THE STORM, AND THERE WAS MORE THAN A FOOT OF WATER IN THE BUILDING. WHEN THE WATER RECEDED WE RETURNED TO FIND THE MACHINES SCATTERED AROUND IN PRECARIOUS POSITIONS, ALTHOUGH MOST REMAINED STANDING. THERE WERE SEVERAL INCHES OF WET SAND AND DEBRIS ON THE FLOOR.

WE WILL REOPEN. THANKFULLY MOST OF THE PINBALL MACHINES WILL SURVIVE, AS THE WATER DID NOT REACH THE LEVEL OF THEIR WOODEN CABINETS. IT IS A SMALL MIRACLE THAT ALL OF THE BACKGLASSES AND PLAYFIELD GLASSES REMAIN INTACT. MOST OF THE ASBURY PARK BOARDWALK IS STILL STANDING. WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE SUSTAINED LESS DAMAGE THAN MOST OTHER TOWNS ALONG THE JERSEY SHORE, AND OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO THOSE WHO HAVE SUFFERED UNTHINKABLE LOSSES.

OUR DEDICATED STAFF IS WORKING VERY HARD TO GET THE MUSEUM OPEN AGAIN. AT THIS TIME WE DO NOT HAVE A REOPENING DATE DUE TO UNCERTAINTY ABOUT SEVERAL FACTORS WHICH ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF OUR BUILDING’S MAIN ELECTRICAL SERVICE WHICH WAS COMPLETELY DESTROYED. WE ARE TOLD THAT IF ALL GOES WELL WE MAY BE ABLE TO REOPEN IN MID TO LATE NOVEMBER. PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES.

SILVERBALL VIP MEMBERS WITH MONTHLY CARDS THAT EXPIRE BETWEEN OCTOBER 28, 2012 AND NOVEMBER 28, 2012 WILL RECEIVE A FREE MONTH OF MEMBERSHIP STARTING ON THE DATE OF THEIR FIRST VISIT AFTER THE MUSEUM REOPENS.

#31 7 years ago

Unreal that they had so much damage to the building and minimal damage to the machines! Seeing them all pushed around really did not bode well, but glad to see silverball is coming back!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Was the PAPA tournament held near a river that jumped the banks. Ugh, that is sick.

Still is held in the same place I believe

#33 7 years ago

that is a modern pinball miracle!!!!!!!!!!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I've seen flooded basements, some EMs do kind of float, but because they are not balanced, they can flip over easily. Other games are semi buoyant, but still fill with water.

#35 7 years ago

They are extremely lucky. Hopefully if there is a next time they will take better precautionary measures, instead of relying on luck.

#36 7 years ago

Planning on getting down there again when they re-open.

#37 7 years ago

It's my regular place to play! I'm a monthly VIP member. Haven't had a fix since the storm. I'm Jonesing BIG TIME, which is how I wound up on this site. Looking for other places to play!

#38 7 years ago

I think I will drop down here to lose a hundred dollars or so sometime in early December.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasmb:

I think I will drop down here to lose a hundred dollars or so sometime in early December.

No need to spend all your money! Machines are set to free play and you pay $10 for 1 hour, $15 for 2, and $20 buys you an all-day unlimited entry pass. So you can't drop more than $20 in a day, unless, of course, you keep buying 1 hour at $10.

#40 7 years ago

Bu some swag while you're there.

The hats are nice!

IMG_0308.JPG

#41 7 years ago

UPDATE FROM THEIR WEBSITE!!!
    with photos

http://silverballmuseum.com/

#42 7 years ago

Great news!

I was in the area yesterday and was going to drive by and see what their status was, but time didn't permit.

Looking forward to their re-opening!

2 weeks later
    #43 6 years ago

UPDATE 11/29/12:

We cleared a major hurdle this week: power has finally been restored to the Museum! We also have heat now, which has enabled us to begin testing the games. We’re happy to report that most of the machines are eagerly coming back to life — they want to play as much as you do!

There is a chance that we may be able to reopen on or before the weekend of December 8 & 9. In order for that to happen several contractors have to complete their work and we must also pass inspections, so those dates are tentative and subject to change. Please check this page next week for updates.

As always, we sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience, encouragement and support. The Jersey Shore is coming back!

Derived from here >> http://silverballmuseum.com/ <<

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

As always, we sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience, encouragement and support. The Jersey Shore is coming back!

Way to go Pin-it!

Glad to hear the museum machines are mostly alive and well along with the folks giving them another chance to have fun with them!

Three cheers for the Silverball!

Ken

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kaytrox:

No need to spend all your money! Machines are set to free play and you pay $10 for 1 hour, $15 for 2, and $20 buys you an all-day unlimited entry pass. So you can't drop more than $20 in a day, unless, of course, you keep buying 1 hour at $10.

Well, I could eat a lot of hot dogs. Jersey has the third best hot dogs, behind NY and Illinois.

#46 6 years ago

Well, I could eat a lot of hot dogs. Jersey has the third best hot dogs, behind NY and Illinois.

Ummmmmm......Hotdog..............Dough!

Ken

Homer-Hotdog-the-simpsons.jpg

#47 6 years ago

They were hoping to open today, Saturday, Dec 8, but there were some issues with the new fire alarms, causing them to fail their occupancy inspection, so opening has been delayed. They are fairly certain that they will open sometime this week.

1 week later
    #48 6 years ago

Now open for business!

Talked with the manager of the silverball at the JJP open house. He said they passed their inspection and opened up Friday evening.

Heading down Sunday to get my VIP card...can't wait.

What a great week for pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside