So I took the night off from ToM tonight and ordered some parts. I ordered all new ribbon cables, a new newton ball, a new DMD, and a new interlock switch. I grabbed the ball while it was in stock. I will be grabbing decal kit and translight next just to have it. All the rest of the junk I'm gonna need is common parts from all pins.
Tonight's total was $216.80 bringing the grand total so far to $992.10 including the machine cost.
This cost has now brought me to all boards either new or repaired&tested, a new DMD, new ribbon cables, interlock switch, new newton ball and associated repair materials. The 5 bayonet lamp sockets in the back of the playfield are rusted up. I'm gonna remove them, glass bead them and reinstall them just to keep costs at a minimum. One of the personal challenges for me here is to get this machine done as low cost as I can without cutting corners or cheaping out. If I can restore a part rather than replace it, then that's what I'm gonna do as long as it won't be a problem later. I will be powder coating the legs, lockdown, side rails, wireforms and shooter in translucent gold powder coat as I have the capabilities to do this at home. I'm going to powder coat the coin door, all lag bolts and back box hinges in semi black. The powder is only about $20 to do the gold and they will look new again. I have 2 lbs of semi gloss on hand from old auto projects. Tomorrow I'll probably pull and prep the board mounting panel in the backbox in preparation for setting up the boards and powering this machine up. Stay tuned for updates.