IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
0Safari-Work-01 (resized).jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Sounds like you are getting close! Keep going

5 months later
#52 1 year ago

I'm having an issue with my 10 point bell. If I trigger a 10 point switch the coil pulls in and one of the switches spark, but most of the time the bell doesn't ring. Almost like it doesn't have enough power to move the arm. I check and the coil moves free and things don't seem to be gummed up.

If I manually push the bake lite plate, I can get the bell to ring. I'm thinking I'm not getting a good connection at one of the switches.

Is there a way to get to the back switch stack without desoldering the ground braid? It looks like it's daisy chained between all the solenoids and I can't pull the solenoid without removing it.

It also appears as though someone hacked up the 10 point solenoid switch wiring. I have a schematic, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share it or not for help?

IMG_9662 (resized).JPG

#53 1 year ago

Find which specific switch on that relay activates the bell coil and clean and adjust it, If it is one of the bottom switches you can usually clean them with a flex file (or the like) by placing it through the top switches and basically cleaning 2 at once. Adjusting them is a little harder. I would thoroughly clean them all first and see if that fixes it, before adjusting anything.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

Find which specific switch on that relay activates the bell coil and clean and adjust it, If it is one of the bottom switches you can usually clean them with a flex file (or the like) by placing it through the top switches and basically cleaning 2 at once. Adjusting them is a little harder. I would thoroughly clean them all first and see if that fixes it, before adjusting anything.

Thanks for the help. What's the best way to determine which one activates the bell coil? Can I just find the same color wire on the bell coil and in the switch stack? I guess I could close them one at a time and see which one activates the coil too.

#55 1 year ago

You could follow the wires but sometimes on old games the wire colors are faded and hard to see. You could short the top blades with a screwdriver, Bottom blades you would probably want to use jumper wires, one at a time, and see which one holds on the bell coil.

I would just clean and burnish every switch on that relay, then you'll know that you got it and potentially any others that might cause a future problem

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

If I manually push the bake lite plate, I can get the bell to ring. I'm thinking I'm not getting a good connection at one of the switches.

Or the relay isn't strong enough to pull the switch all the way in.I would check the ohms on that relay and see what you have.

Ted

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside