(Topic ID: 275567)

project pinball (winner of a pinball machine club)

By gmanrulz46

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gmanrulz46
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6212 (resized).jpeg
    image-20201222_173421 (resized).jpg
    PP Email (resized).JPG
    20200408_133813 (resized).jpg
    There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 years ago

I missed by 1 number damnit. Hehe

#52 3 years ago

i heard modcouple won... cool mods!

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

i heard modcouple won... cool mods!

We absolutely did. That was by far the highlight of our year. The Real winner though are Dan and his team for all they do for the hospitals. Simply amazing. Have to say we Will be LZLE fans now lol! Thanks so much again.

The Mod Couple

IMG_6212 (resized).jpegIMG_6212 (resized).jpeg
    #54 3 years ago

Super cool. Congratulations!

#55 3 years ago

awesome welcome to our club!

4 months later
    #56 2 years ago

all new project pinball winners welcome

1 month later
    #57 2 years ago

Just won the Spooky CE raffle!

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Just won the Spooky CE raffle!

welcome to the club!! its nice to win isnt it!

3 weeks later
    #59 2 years ago

Just saw this thread. Won a DP premium a few weeks ago! Just waiting on what I’m assuming is the December build production to happen .

1 week later
    #60 2 years ago

congrats to you welcome to the winners club .. dead pool is fun. i won walking dead 2015 . still in great shape too

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

congrats to you welcome to the winners club .. dead pool is fun. i won walking dead 2015 . still in great shape too

Thanks! Nice I heard WD is a great coded game!

2 weeks later
    #62 2 years ago

Just won the Pro raffle last week
    Glad to join the club

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Glad to join the club

Congratulations!

#64 2 years ago

good job...
    now win another one lol..

Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Glad to join the club

1 week later
    #65 2 years ago

I have a question for you winners. How’d the process go afterwards in regards to taxes. I know some raffles include the taxes in the winnings, but it seems project pinball doesn’t.

I’d imagine the gov would require project pinball to withhold the game until you paid 25% of its value. Is that what happened? And then you still would have to settle up with your state when you file your taxes at the end of the year?

If so, you’ve really only won the chance to get a game for $3k instead of the normal $9k?

I appreciate any info from the process you’re willing to share.

#66 2 years ago

Pay at the end of year. That's how it works in Colorado.

#67 2 years ago

Reported mine under gambling winnings at tax time, as you're buying a raffle ticket, not making a donation. Can't remember what the tax on it came to now, much less than 3k for sure, because every ticket you buy and DON'T win is considered a gambling loss that you can use to offset your wins. You don't have to pay anything to actually get your machine - at least I didn't.

#68 2 years ago

Cool, thanks.

Looks like it’s 25% to the IRS, in addition to whatever your state is (mine is somewhere around 6%)

So 31% of $9000 (new $ for stern premiums) = $2,790

Then subtract however much you’ve spent on raffle tickets for the year.

It’s expensive to win!

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from BeachPickle:

Cool, thanks.
    Looks like it’s 25% to the IRS, in addition to whatever your state is (mine is somewhere around 6%)
    So 31% of $9000 (new $ for stern premiums) = $2,790
    Then subtract however much you’ve spent on raffle tickets for the year.
    It’s expensive to win!

True, but it's the cheapest NIB you'll ever get! If someone would offer me a $3000 NIB Stern I'd grab it.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

good job...
    now win another one lol..

Will give it a shot!!

#71 2 years ago

You'll get a W-2G with the value of the machine on it if I remember correctly. Taxable as income when you file your tax return. Nothing to pay prior to that.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

You'll get a W-2G with the value of the machine on it if I remember correctly. Taxable as income when you file your tax return. Nothing to pay prior to that.

The value of the machine is listed, not the MSRP. There is quite a difference in most cases.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from paulbaptiste:

The value of the machine is listed, not the MSRP. There is quite a difference in most cases.

This is true. I believe my Premium was around $6900 on the W2, so that plus the deductions made the taxes not bad at all.

#74 2 years ago

now that stern raised prices, get ready to pay more taxes..boo

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from gmanrulz46:

now that stern raised prices, get ready to pay more taxes..boo

I’ll gladly pay the taxes again if I win again. Lol

9 months later
    #76 1 year ago

I'm the newest lucky member of the club. My number was drawn this past Sunday for a new Stern Premium. I'm still in a bit of shock. Love all the work that Project Pinball does!

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I'm the newest lucky member of the club. My number was drawn this past Sunday for a new Stern Premium. I'm still in a bit of shock. Love all the work that Project Pinball does!

Congrats! It's an awesome feeling isn't it? I just hit my one year anniversary from winning. Awesome charity and I'll keep giving as often as I am able.

#78 1 year ago

Yeah, it is definitely an awesome feeling! I'm not expecting to get it anytime soon with the demand and shortages, but it will be a sweet treat once it does arrive!

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from GuiitarMan:

What machine are you getting?

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

What machine are you getting?

Godzilla Premium

#81 1 year ago

congrats.... godzilla is awesome

3 months later
    #82 1 year ago
    Quoted from Captainhook:

That's two winners from Colorado , I know there's a third and I know there's a winner in Vermont somewhere. I think there's 3 two time winners also.

I won twice in 2021, both Premiums!

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pat-in-ct:

I won twice in 2021, both Premiums!

did you ever receive those machines.... stern giving the winners the run around..boo

1 month later
    #84 1 year ago

So happy to be a member of this club now! I won the most recent premium drawing! Has anyone ever made a Project Pinball topper? I'm not one for toppers on machines but I'd love to advertise for the charity when people come over and play on the new machine.

#85 1 year ago

I won the Bally Darling EM at Expo.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from hawkfanz:

So happy to be a member of this club now! I won the most recent premium drawing! Has anyone ever made a Project Pinball topper? I'm not one for toppers on machines but I'd love to advertise for the charity when people come over and play on the new machine.

congrats.. sounds like a good idea.....be patient about receiving your game.... my cousin won a pro.. took about a year to receive....

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from elsereturn:

I won the Bally Darling EM at Expo.

congrats...

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-pinball-winner-of-a-pinball-machine-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.