Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Colehvac1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1286 (resized).JPG
IMG_1285 (resized).JPG
IMG_1284 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Press Release below announcing our next WOZ children's hospital donation in NYC on Dec 7, 2016. This will be PinballSTAR's 3rd donation of 2016. I wanted to post to say thank you to all who donated to us, bought games from us, and also participated in our raffles we run as they all contribute towards immediate results and donations of these games to the kids. We partnered with Project Pinball for this one whereas we raised the money, we bought the WOZ, and we give the game to Project Pinball who already had hospitals lined up needing games. We both separately donate games to hospitals on our own but this is the second time we partnered on a donation - big thanks to Dan Spolar for all the work he does. And for this donation a bigger thank you to Dennis Cole who spearheaded the NYC hospital location in his backyard and will also maintain the game into the future ! Great people in the hobby stepping up to do good things... Thank you to all... It's nice to show the results to everyone of the raffles : )

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blinking Lights, Buzzers and Bells ‘Oh My’, Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine Lands at a NY Children’s Hospital
Project Pinball Charity and PinballSTAR Amusements team up to bring fun to all
Long Island, NY - December 7, 2016

With the help of Project Pinball Charity and PinballSTAR Amusements, the Wizard of Oz pinball machine has landed in Stony Brook Children’s Hospital to be enjoyed by patients, families, and hospital staff. This pinball machine will be a free therapeutic device that will benefit patients and parents alike.

Joe Newhart of PinballSTAR Amusements has been working with Project Pinball Charity to place more pinball machines in children’s hospitals across the nation. The team presented another Wizard of Oz pinball machine to UNC Children’s Hospital during the 2016 springtime. “These pinball machines give children the chance to socialize; to pass the time with a new enjoyable activity,” Newhart states. “This cause is very near to my heart and I will continue to do what I can to bring pinball to more and more hospitals.”

Dennis Cole and the community around Stony Brook have also been a part of making this placement a reality.
“I want to make sure that a hospital on Long Island has a pinball machine” was the title of the email Cole sent to Project Pinball Charity, a statement that moved the progress down the Yellow Brick Road. Dennis Cole will be the honorary Project Pinball maintenance volunteer to ensure that the Emerald City is running in tip top shape.

“We are thrilled,” said Daniel Spolar, Founder and Senior Director of Project Pinball Charity, “This is actually the first pinball machine that Project Pinball has dedicated in New York. with this just being the beginning of our charity’s involvement. We are so excited to show the Big Apple what pinball can do in the right setting.”

Stony Brook Children’s Hospital will be the third stop on Project Pinball Charity’s December 2016 Northeast tour. Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital, K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital, Ronald McDonald House Wisconsin’s as well as Ronald McDonald House Columbus will all be receiving a pinball machine this holiday season. As of 2017 Project Pinball will have placed 25 pinball machines throughout the United States.

About Project Pinball Charity Group. Inc.
Project Pinball Charity Group. Inc. is dedicated to providing recreational relief to all patients and their families as well as physicians and nurses who care for them at their local Children’s Hospitals. A pinball machine is a powerful tool that offers therapeutic benefits which fit perfectly with the dynamics of a hospital environment. It helps keep patients active and mobile while also providing entertainment. Project Pinball provides all the equipment, parts, supplies and regular maintenance at no cost to the Children’s Hospital. With each visit and testimony we are realizing the power one pinball machine can have when placed in the right setting. To learn more about Project Pinball Charity, visit our website at http://projectpinball.org

About PinballSTAR Amusements
PinballSTAR Amusements, founded by Joe Newhart, distributes for several companies - Jersey Jack Pinball (Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, and Dialed In), Planetary Pinball (Medieval Madness Remake), Spooky Pinball (America's Most Haunted and Rob Zombie), and Chicago Gaming (Arcade Legends and Ms Pac Man/Galaga). Each donation to a Children’s Hospital is powered by a point of sale charity fund, raffles, tournaments, and pinball parties. You can contact them at Sales@PinballSTAR.com.

#2 2 years ago

Awesome! Thanks for posting the details.

#3 2 years ago

Looking forward to sharing pictures as well after the event...

8 months later
#4 1 year ago

I know its been a while, but today I went and serviced the WOZ at stonybrook hospital Long Island NY here is the audits menu.
7432 games have been played on the machine. Thank You to Joe Newhart and Pinball Star Amusements/project pinball.

IMG_1284 (resized).JPG

IMG_1285 (resized).JPG

IMG_1286 (resized).JPG

#5 1 year ago

Awesome! That last picture has to make you smile!

#6 1 year ago

I hung out after it was serviced for about an hour and taught some of the kids the rules of WOZ it's amazing how excited they get when they start achieving and progress through the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.99
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olympia, WA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blacklick, OH
$ 11,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Benicia, CA
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11,500.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside