(Topic ID: 293520)

Thank you pinball community - Expo, charity, auction, and more

By jellikit

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211028_225503 (resized).jpg
    20211028_225617 (resized).jpg
    Expo-2021-Logo-web (resized).png
    bjm (resized).png
    ft (resized).jpg
    WebSample1-Low-Res-5 (resized).jpg
    JohnnyCrap1 (resized).jpg
    JohnnyCrap (resized).jpg
    american (resized).jpg
    zombierocks (resized).png
    Stern-GuardiansoftheGalaxy_1024x1024@2x (resized).jpg
    bot (resized).jpg
    ball (resized).jpg
    PXL_20211018_220032426.NIGHT (resized).jpg
    mattowen (resized).jpg
    mmr (resized).jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Hello everyone from Project Pinball!

As we all know this past year has been incredibly hard for everyone in every corner of our world. I hope you all have weathered the storm and are looking forward to the dawn that is the end of the pandemic that has brought both our nation and this amazing hobby to its knees. As we begin to reopen and restart, Project Pinball is proud to announce that we will again have a charity auction at this year's Pinball Expo this fall.

Pinball Expo is going to be better than ever after the long absence and has graciously expanded our auction display area! We are excited to see what everyone has been up to creatively this past year and we are graciously accepting donations which will help put more machines in children's hospitals for patients and families to experience. If you would be interested in donating, we’ve created the form below.

https://forms.gle/VvgQtXjmSPjiwpwQ6

The show is months away, but we are starting early with upcoming donations being front and center of our auctions display. Not only is this a great chance to showcase your newest innovations and creativity this is also for a great cause! Promotional material will feature contributors and a company logo can be added to our sponsor page (http://projectpinball.org/sponsors) as well. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for more info and upcoming details. Thanks!

Brad Czernik
    Project Pinball

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Pinball Expo is 5 months away and Greg (Medisinyl Mods) reached out to make a donation for this year's auction prompting me to start this thread. We have now placed 53 machines in 24 states, events like the auction help fund our operations. If you would like to donate this year, I've created the Google Form below:
    https://forms.gle/VvgQtXjmSPjiwpwQ6
    Let me thank everyone who has helped the charity with donations, raffles, time, and volunteering. Below are Pinsiders who donated to the last auction, sorry for anyone I missed.
    Thrillhouse, calico1997, twenty84, RyanClaytor, ryanwanger, hassanchop, michaelp, brian-allen, HOOKED, kruzman, Lermods, midcoastsurf, Borygard, NeilMcRae, Digimatt, Tmezel, Highclasspinball, modfather, harryhoudini, pinballphotos, sc93cobra, PinballSTAR, PinMonk, SGSA, robin, PinballCharlie, Rock914, SpookyCharlie, harryhoudini, Habeboo, Titan_Pinball, zombieyeti, schudel5, vegasplayer, Stu, XPinPinball, Tilt, gweempose, vegasplayer, lrosent345, toddtuckey, marcopinball, LTG, GAP, Outsidedge, Metaluna5, Medisinyl
    Brad Czernik
    Project Pinball

I appreciate the mention, and perhaps I was a bit too early to the party, but I already had some items in mind for 2020, so it almost felt "late" .

I ultimately went a different route for 2021 (better timing for the special TMNT set [eventually I'll post a photo]), but will hoard part of what I had in mind in 2020 toward 2022

Thanks again for all of your work and organizing efforts.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks for heading this up again this year!
    Unfortunately last year was a bust, but hoping the auction for 2021 comes back better than ever.

Thanks for doing this for Project Pinball and bringing machines to the hospitals with kids in need!

#4 2 years ago

Alltek Systems has donated an Ultimate MPU Board. Thanks Dave!

alltek_logo1 (resized).jpgalltek_logo1 (resized).jpglarge-mpu (resized).jpglarge-mpu (resized).jpg
    #5 2 years ago

Lit Frames has donated an acrylic LED Lit Frame with premium 16x20 Arcade Bosses translite from Brian Allen of Flyland Designs. Thanks Brad!

images (1) (resized).pngimages (1) (resized).pnglitup (resized).jpglitup (resized).jpg
    #6 2 years ago

Pinball Basement has donated a complete WPC89 boardset, only one board pictured. Thanks Charlie!

Pinball_Basement_1_360x (resized).pngPinball_Basement_1_360x (resized).pngpb1 (resized).jpgpb1 (resized).jpg
    #7 2 years ago

Pinside has donated a few shirts to respresent. Thanks Robin!

pinside (resized).pngpinside (resized).pngshirt (resized).pngshirt (resized).png Added over 3 years ago:

A one-year Pinside+ membership was donated as well.

#8 2 years ago

Playfield Protectors has donated vouchers that can be used towards any of their products, which include playfield protectors, plastic protectors, display shields, etc. Thanks!

playfieldprotectors (resized).jpgplayfieldprotectors (resized).jpgpp (resized).pngpp (resized).png
    #9 2 years ago

Medisinyl Mods has donated a 3-piece TMNT mod set with blue prototype building with updated wiring and 2 earlier prototypes to show the progress. This mod has been discontinued. Thanks Greg for getting things started this year!

MedMod (resized).pngMedMod (resized).pngmm (1) (resized).jpgmm (1) (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago

Matt Owens has donated a photographic pinball print, if you haven't seen his work be sure to check out his website. Thanks Matt!

mattowen (resized).jpgmattowen (resized).jpgmatt_photo (resized).jpgmatt_photo (resized).jpg

#11 2 years ago

Flippp! has donated a PI-80 All-in-One Board for Gottlieb System 80/80A machines. Thanks Pascal!

flipp (1) (resized).pngflipp (1) (resized).pngpi80 (resized).jpgpi80 (resized).jpg
    #12 2 years ago

Rocket City Pinball has donated a 3D button set (Start and 3D Coin Reject) for Stranger Things, very cool. Thanks Andy!

RCP (resized).jpgRCP (resized).jpgsthings (1) (resized).jpgsthings (1) (resized).jpg
    #13 2 years ago

Kruzman Pinball Playfields has donated a $100 gift certificate to be used towards his excellent work. Thanks Ron!

kpp (1) (resized).pngkpp (1) (resized).pngkruzman1 (1) (resized).jpgkruzman1 (1) (resized).jpg
    #14 2 years ago

Titan Pinball has donated a set of 4 hollow-shaft Magnetic Nut Drivers, Pinwrench, Pocket Driver, and a universal Glow in the Dark ring kit! Thanks Eric!

titanpinball (resized).jpgtitanpinball (resized).jpgtitanset (resized).jpgtitanset (resized).jpg
    #15 2 years ago

Dirty Donny has donated 5 prints of his work including Dream Machine, Flipper Room, Miami Nights, Titans of Tempest and Qrystal Castles. Thanks Donny!

dd_logo (resized).jpgdd_logo (resized).jpgdonnyart (resized).pngdonnyart (resized).png
    #16 2 years ago

The MOD Couple has donated a new OEM JJP Wizard of Oz autographed playfield. In addition, they will match he auction closing price dollar-for-dollar and donate directly to the total! Thanks Dave and Darcy!

modlogo (resized).jpgmodlogo (resized).jpgwozmod (resized).jpgwozmod (resized).jpg
    #17 2 years ago

Pinnovators has donated one of their PinPAC 4 MAC Headphone Kit for Stern Spike Systems. Thanks!

pinnovators (resized).jpgpinnovators (resized).jpginnovate (resized).jpginnovate (resized).jpg

#18 2 years ago

Pinball Pimp has donated a set of premium cabinet stencils from those available on the website. Below is a picture of a restored Silverball Mania cabinet on which a set was used. Thanks Jeff!

ppimp (resized).jpgppimp (resized).jpg
    pimpsbm (resized).jpgpimpsbm (resized).jpg

#19 2 years ago

I want to say I'm humbled by the response to those I've reached out to directly and in this thread. The support of the community helps place and maintain machines through our wonderful volunteers. I want to thank everyone and the charity looks forward to continuing to place machines for the kids and families.

Brad Czernik
    Project Pinball

187609734_4875668012538575_4403196166498003882_n (resized).jpg187609734_4875668012538575_4403196166498003882_n (resized).jpg
    #20 2 years ago

The Lermods Pinball Company has donated a gift certificate to be used towards some of their wonderful products. Thanks Rob!
    lm (resized).jpglm (resized).jpg
    lertmnt (resized).jpglertmnt (resized).jpg

#21 2 years ago

YouBentMyWookie has donated some of his Lenticular/3D apron cards, which look great! Checkout the QR code below to see his products. Thanks Tim!

f9a002eaf48b5d323382f81e9d0a0271c4b85c16 (resized).pngf9a002eaf48b5d323382f81e9d0a0271c4b85c16 (resized).png
    wookie1 (resized).jpgwookie1 (resized).jpg

#22 2 years ago

Super Skill Shot Shooters has donated the newest version of the LOTR Crystal Clear One Ring Shooter Rod. Thanks Bill!

ssss (1) (resized).jpgssss (1) (resized).jpg
    lotr-rod (1) (resized).jpglotr-rod (1) (resized).jpg

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Pinball Basement has donated a complete WPC89 boardset, only one board pictured. Thanks Charlie!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This is a damn nice gift

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

This is a damn nice gift

Yes, we have had a number of generous offers and are looking forward to showcasing everyone's donations!

#25 2 years ago

The Art of Pinball will be donating items, while we don't know yet what it will be, we are very appreciative and all his work is great. Thanks Lior!

aop1 (resized).pngaop1 (resized).png
    #26 2 years ago

BriteMods is donating a some of their great products, including a BriteSound speaker along with some BriteButtons LED flipper buttons and MiniDMDs. Thanks Dan!

bmlogo (resized).jpegbmlogo (resized).jpegbst21 (resized).jpgbst21 (resized).jpgt2bb1 (resized).jpgt2bb1 (resized).jpg
    #27 2 years ago

I’m always glad to help out Project Pinball and all the kids!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPimp:

I’m always glad to help out Project Pinball and all the kids!

Thanks again Jeff, the winner of the premium stencils will undoubtedly put them to good use!

#29 2 years ago

Tim's apron cards arrived the other day and are very cool. It is hard to show the effect, but they look great. Thanks ralphwiggum
    PXL_20210603_224902000 (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_224902000 (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_224913169 (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_224913169 (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_224922485.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210603_224922485.MP (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #30 2 years ago

It has been a while since an update, we've had more wonderful support for the auction including UpKick Pinball! They've got some great mods in their shop and two will be featured in the charity auction. Both those are shown below, their Dine Time and Snack Attack Kits. Thanks!

uk_logo (resized).pnguk_logo (resized).png
    diner (resized).jpgdiner (resized).jpg
    cftbl (resized).jpgcftbl (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #31 2 years ago

Have you ever opened a package having an idea what's inside and still been taken aback? That was the case today when Williams System 11 CPU and WPC-89 CPU (and Security) boards arrived from DumbAss (Victor). He graciously donated both for the charity auction and we can't thank him enough. The purple boards are special in that you cannot purchase them directly, he can speak to that. The hobby, people, and Pinside are all awesome. Thanks everyone!

PXL_20210628_203420379 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203420379 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203459582 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203459582 (resized).jpg
    #32 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Have you ever opened a package having an idea what's inside and still been taken aback?

I just had that happen yesterday - I received a WPC-S board from Victor that was built alongside of yours (although in red). The workmanship and thoughtfulness of labeling and use of upgraded parts, not to mention careful packaging with attention to every corner - Victor's work stands out above the rest.
    Awesome to see such a special contribution to a great charity.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCP:

I just had that happen yesterday - I received a WPC-S board from Victor that was built alongside of yours (although in red). The workmanship and thoughtfulness of labeling and use of upgraded parts, not to mention careful packaging with attention to every corner - Victor's work stands out above the rest.
    Awesome to see such a special contribution to a great charity.

And now that people have seen the front, here is a picture of the back. Awesome and much appreciated by the charity, we are excited to show these off at Expo! I should note it is a System 11B board and the flipper relay is included.

PXL_20210628_203435547 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203435547 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203512777 (resized).jpgPXL_20210628_203512777 (resized).jpg

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Have you ever opened a package having an idea what's inside and still been taken aback? That was the case today when Williams System 11 CPU and WPC-89 CPU (and Security) boards arrived from DumbAss (Victor). He graciously donated both for the charity auction and we can't thank him enough. The purple boards are special in that you cannot purchase them directly, he can speak to that. The hobby, people, and Pinside are all awesome. Thanks everyone![quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous! AAA+ quality craftsmanship

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

It has been a while since an update, we've had more wonderful support for the auction including UpKick Pinball! They've got some great mods in their shop and two will be featured in the charity auction. Both those are shown below, their Dine Time and Snack Attack Kits. Thanks!
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I'm in the process of installing this kit on my Diner. Coincidentally, or not, my MPU and display boards were built by Victor.

1 week later
    #36 2 years ago

I want to update this thread to say the charity can't thank Spooky Pinball enough for their support of Project Pinball. Our two raffles for either of their CE machines, Halloween or Ultraman, sold out in just a few hours! The support of everyone in the community including manufacturers, vendors, enthusiasts, volunteers, and more is awesome and absolutely appreciated! It has been and always will be for the kids.

Thank you all!

#37 2 years ago

And a BUMP for Pinball Expo now being only 100 days away. If anyone has anything they'd like to donate to our charity auction, please send me a PM. I am excited to let everyone know toddtuckey will be the emcee once again. We are excited to have Todd controlling the mic and room like only he can!

todd (resized).jpgtodd (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #38 2 years ago

I want to recognize others who have and continue to sponsor the charity.

http://projectpinball.org/sponsors/

Thanks everyone!

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

And a BUMP for Pinball Expo now being only 100 days away. If anyone has anything they'd like to donate to our charity auction, please send me a PM. I am excited to let everyone know toddtuckey will be the emcee once again. We are excited to have Todd controlling the mic and room like only he can!
    [quoted image]

BAGS!!

#40 2 years ago

I'd like to thank Jay at Loganpinball for his donation of a set of wireforms for The Mandalorian Pro machine! These are simply awesome and have changed the way people look at the Pro for sure, just read the thread!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way

Thanks again Jay, I look forward to seeing them in person!

mando (resized).jpgmando (resized).jpg
    #41 2 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I'd like to thank Jay at Loganpinball for his donation of a set of wireforms for The Mandalorian Pro machine! These are simply awesome and have changed the way people look at the Pro for sure, just read the thread!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-mandalorian-pro-wireforms-this-is-the-way
    Thanks again Jay, I look forward to seeing them in person!
    [quoted image]

Hear that Stern! How much extra would this have costed?

1 week later
    #42 2 years ago

Satin Doll will be up for auction!

PXL_20210809_202809499 (resized).jpgPXL_20210809_202809499 (resized).jpgPXL_20210809_202820874 (resized).jpgPXL_20210809_202820874 (resized).jpgPXL_20210809_202829297 (resized).jpgPXL_20210809_202829297 (resized).jpg
    #43 2 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Satin Doll will be up for auction!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Mike, it looks great and I can't wait to see it in person. For those interested, details and donation updates can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/projectpinball

1 week later
    #44 2 years ago

It has been a few weeks, but wanted to thank everyone for the positive vibes and support at SFGE. We are definitely getting excited for the auction at Pinball Expo. And Maggie can't wait to see everyone!

maggie (resized).jpgmaggie (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #45 2 years ago

I wanted to BUMP this thread ahead of next month's auction. We continue to appreciate all the donations and support! If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks.

#46 2 years ago

Just submitted another prototype mod I've had on hand, and will throw in an even earlier prototype as well (figure that one will at least be neat to see at the event, though it's not usuable for anything... the mirrored prototype should work, but there are a few differences from the production version).

More information in the mod thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods-

Originally planned to donate this last year. Lots of demand since discontinuing them, and this will be the last chance at one from me.

As noted in the mod thread, this is the only one to have a tiki/idol fire pit--that never made it into the production version. While I prefer the rocky fire pit, I could see some preferring this unique version.

20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg
    #47 2 years ago

And the latest update is from across the pond. I would like to thank NeilMcRae for his generous donation of a brand new Guns n' Roses pinball topper. We appreciate his gift as well as assistance from @pinballstar. Thanks!

gnr_topper (resized).pnggnr_topper (resized).png
    1 week later
    #48 2 years ago

I want to thank our friends down under for their support. Haggis Pinball has donated two Clan Haggis membership packages! Damian and crew are awesome, Project Pinball wishes them the best moving forward.

PXL_20210928_020849388 (resized).jpgPXL_20210928_020849388 (resized).jpg

#49 2 years ago

There have been some recent donations so I want to provide the donation link again (or PM me if you prefer):

https://forms.gle/41tQKigMZmaqufUC9

And we are happy to add your company to the Sponsor Page on the website (on current or future design):

https://projectpinball.org/sponsors/

Thanks everyone!

#50 2 years ago

A shoutout and big THANK YOU to Joel at Pinshield for a big box of their awesome product! Both standard and widebody Pinshields will be available at the silent auction this year. The support is absolutely appreciated, we have big things planned for the remainder of 2021 and 2022. Thanks!

pinshield (resized).jpgpinshield (resized).jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-pinball-auction-2021 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.