5J5A9939 (resized).JPG
5J5A9940 (resized).JPG
5J5A9487 (resized).JPG
5J5A9483 (resized).JPG
5J5A9482 (resized).JPG
5J5A9484 (resized).JPG
5J5A2956 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I like using the translucent bodies to allow for better illumination on the playfield. At first I thought I'd go with the clear parts to accomplish that task, but the different color combinations are gaining my favor.

As a nod towards the original design I've had my decal person cut me some bumper cap art in white that I applied over the blue translucent cap's also found in Zitt 's website.

I'm finally able to officially announce these pop bumper bodies and Caps with immediate availability:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lollypop-early-solid-state-bodies-amp-caps

#1202 2 years ago

Back on topic this weekend.

My replacement Hardtop arrived last week. One of the complications I would have to deal with is/was how to now compensate for the rollover insert.

My options were either to: 1. remove it from the playfield and proceed as before. 2. Find a way to cut the hardtop to fit the insert. The rollover was already at the correct height and I used a rather strong two part epoxy to fix it in place, so I was hesitant to backtrack further with its removal. Perhaps removal would have been easy, but I chose to move ahead with option 2.

To line the hole up I started by cutting an insert sized circle out of blue painter's tape. A spare rollover insert was used as the template.

IMG_9299 (resized).JPGIMG_9299 (resized).JPG

I pulled the tape from the insert and placed it sticky side up over the insert on the playfield. Two small tape tabs helped hold it in place.

IMG_9300 (resized).JPGIMG_9300 (resized).JPG

I lined the hardtop up on the playfield and when I was happy with its placement I pressed firmly over the insert/tape.

IMG_9301 (resized).JPGIMG_9301 (resized).JPG

The tape stuck to the hardtop and I was able to use it as a guide for cutting.

IMG_9298 (resized).JPGIMG_9298 (resized).JPG

Before actually cutting I repeated the process five or six times to make sure the tape stuck to the same spot each time. I tried cutting the opening with scissors but ultimately had to use the box cutter/razor to accomplish the task. It turned out a bit rougher than my original opening, but it worked as planned.

I could have probably lined the old hardtop over the new one for the same result, but I was not sure if there would be any variability between the two.

#1203 2 years ago

With the insert hole cut I was able to proceed to a familiar scene -- clamping the hardtop down after alignment so it can be installed.

IMG_9303 (resized).JPGIMG_9303 (resized).JPG

With some help I was able to successfully install my second hardtop. . . onto the same playfield. Apologies for the lack of picture focus, I was using my backup camera as my main one is out for a repair.

IMG_9304 (resized).JPGIMG_9304 (resized).JPG

I spend the rest of the afternoon avoiding a major laceration while I cut the mal-aligned playfield/hardtop openings for GI, rollovers, drop targets, standups, etc.

I was just barely able to get the inserts to line up correctly. If the hardtop was copied from an original playfield I'm amazed how much variability there must be between games. So much so that they would have to play different. . . even being the same game!

#1205 2 years ago

Nice to see you moving forward again.

#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Nice to see you moving forward again.

If feels like I'm moving sideways, but I hope to have an update or two with some actual progress soon.

#1207 2 years ago

Yesterday I dug out this old apron from my parts stash. I think it was removed from a Xenon parts playfield.

IMG_9305 (resized).JPGIMG_9305 (resized).JPG

It had enough rust and scratches that justified me tossing it into the blast cabinet.

IMG_9306 (resized).JPGIMG_9306 (resized).JPG

Pinball parts clean up much quicker than rusty old car parts!

IMG_9307 (resized).JPGIMG_9307 (resized).JPG

Several coats of paint later and I have a blank canvas on which to work.

IMG_9308 (resized).JPGIMG_9308 (resized).JPG

I do plan to duplicate the original apron look with vinyl cut decals. My original Frontier apron is faded and does show some wear and tear. . . but it was not so rough that I wanted to blast the paint off of it. I thought I'd at least try to have a new looking apron option to match the rest of the new looking playfield/cabinet/etc. The decal maker is currently using the original apron as a template; when I have it back I'll compare the two of them side by side and everyone can tell me which one they like better.

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Yesterday I dug out this old apron from my parts stash. I think it was removed from a Xenon parts playfield.
[quoted image]
It had enough rust and scratches that justified me tossing it into the blast cabinet.
[quoted image]
Pinball parts clean up much quicker than rusty old car parts!
[quoted image]
Several coats of paint later and I have a blank canvas on which to work.
[quoted image]
I do plan to duplicate the original apron look with vinyl cut decals. My original Frontier apron is faded and does show some wear and tear. . . but it was not so rough that I wanted to blast the paint off of it. I thought I'd at least try to have a new looking apron option to match the rest of the new looking playfield/cabinet/etc. The decal maker is currently using the original apron as a template; when I have it back I'll compare the two of them side by side and everyone can tell me which one they like better.

Man!!!!!! That apron would look amazing in my xenon with the paint. Super enviously sir

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Man!!!!!! That apron would look amazing in my xenon with the paint. Super enviously sir

You provide the apron and I will clean/paint it.

This is just a rattle can finish. . . probably the same metallic blue that is on your cabinet!

#1210 2 years ago

Installed all new lamp sockets.

I know technology is evolving with individual leds, but I still like the metallic look of the sockets.

IMG_9310 (resized).JPGIMG_9310 (resized).JPG

Just like with Seawitch I added an individual solder lug to each lamp socket at its attachment point.

IMG_9311 (resized).JPGIMG_9311 (resized).JPG

Then I connected all the lamp sockets with the common wire. Call me lazy, but I went with bare wire this time vs. stripping out individual sections of insulated wire.

IMG_9312 (resized).JPGIMG_9312 (resized).JPG

The common wire was passed thru the lugs to make soldering them easier.

IMG_9314 (resized).JPGIMG_9314 (resized).JPG

An overview with lamp sockets in place and wired up. No soldering yet but that will be next.

IMG_9315 (resized).JPGIMG_9315 (resized).JPG

#1211 2 years ago

Any thought to using yoppsicle style lights?

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Any thought to using yoppsicle style lights?

Quoted from TractorDoc:

I know technology is evolving with individual leds, but I still like the metallic look of the sockets.

I'm a bit of an odd guy. I am open to adapting modern elements into a vintage game; for instance I use a lot Comet LED bulbs, Titan silicone rings, and Zitt 's translucent pop bodies/targets. At the same time I like using original style components, especially when I think they are more rugged or that they just look better on the game. To me the metal sockets just look right under the playfield, so its nothing more than personal preference.

Grazing the edges of the sharp metal sockets helps keep the callouses on my hands in good order too.

I would not put too much value on my actions though. I was a guy that preferred to rent a movie on DVD vs. stream it online and the world left me behind on that one.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Grazing the edges of the sharp metal sockets helps keep the callouses on my hands in good order too.

HA!

The sockets also provide for more flexibility if you want to color up some dull inserts or dimmer or brighter. I threw some of pinballlife's version of yoppsicles into a recent order and replaced the bonus chains on my Incredible Hulk, worked great, and for less then the cost of just new metal sockets let alone bulbs, price is a factor at least for me anyway.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

pinballlife's version of yoppsicles

So let's get this straight...
PBL knocked off a modder's version of a product and you gave them money?!
Where Yoppsicles out of stock?
I not really cheerio pissing you per-sea; but really Pinball Life if they really knocked off an existing product. A d1ck move if you ask me.

#1215 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I not really cheerio pissing you per-sea; but really Pinball Life if they really knocked off an existing product. A d1ck move if you ask me.

I think pbl had them first and the yoppsicle is the knockoff. Didn't TNA use them the pbl ones are RGB addressable iirc.

#1216 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

RGB addressable iirc.

RGB addressable is a different beast.
Pretty sure RGB version were in stern or other manufacturers first and were probably a replacement part.
I just hate it when a bigger fish eats the smaller fish and calls it theirs.

#1217 2 years ago

A set of Zitt 's pop bumper bodies and skirts in blue test fitted to the playfield.

IMG_9317 (resized).JPGIMG_9317 (resized).JPG

I have to say test fitted (vs. installed) because I forgot to drop the metal pop rings in before securing the bodies in place.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

but really Pinball Life if they really knocked off an existing product.

Are you sure Pinball Life didn't release them first? The PBL ones are a different product that includes rectification to work on AC G.I. plus a capacitor to smooth switching/reduce flicker.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

but I still like the metallic look of the sockets.

I'm a bit old skool and appreciate you staying with lamp sockets where you have the flexibility to use what ever lamps you like
Keep up the great work!

#1219 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Yoppsicle is a knockoff of the already existing Stern PCB lamp board... a few modifications to make it Bally, etc, friendly, but essentially the same thing. We've sold these for years.. Yoppsicle adapted it to older machines with a few modifications, and it was a good start!
We responded with even more modifications to make a better product. I think this is called healthy competition in a free market that ultimately moves the technology forward.
It's up to you if you want to hate us about this. I'm not going to fault anyone for their opinions.
Ultimately, I stand behind our product and I truly believe Scott did a great job redesigning and refining a superb product (by this I mean the original Stern PCB lamp and then the Yoppsicle)
Peace and love (truely, no sarcasm implied or intended)
Terry.

#1220 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I have to say test fitted (vs. installed) because I forgot to drop the metal pop rings in before securing the bodies in place.

Corrected!

IMG_9318 (resized).JPGIMG_9318 (resized).JPG

Sharp eyes will also notice I'm test fitting the drop target mechs with the translucent targets and my custom decals.

IMG_9322 (resized).JPGIMG_9322 (resized).JPG

RAWRR!

IMG_9320 (resized).JPGIMG_9320 (resized).JPG

#1221 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Yoppsicle is a knockoff of the already existing Stern PCB lamp board... a few modifications to make it Bally, etc, friendly, but essentially the same thing. We've sold these for years.. Yoppsicle adapted it to older machines with a few modifications, and it was a good start!
We responded with even more modifications to make a better product. I think this is called healthy competition in a free market that ultimately moves the technology forward.
It's up to you if you want to hate us about this. I'm not going to fault anyone for their opinions.
Ultimately, I stand behind our product and I truly believe Scott did a great job redesigning and refining a superb product (by this I mean the original Stern PCB lamp and then the Yoppsicle)
Peace and love (truely, no sarcasm implied or intended)
Terry.

Terry,
I agree that it's healthy competition, and I'm not an electronics guy so I have to depend on people smarter than I in the design process. Your boards are probably more universal than mine, because I really only had Bally/Stern in mind because I own a lot of them and those sockets gave me fits.

One slight correction I would make is inferring that I knocked off an existing board. I wasn't aware of the specific board you are speaking of, and the design idea came from a test I did using individual LEDs from a cut up LED strip to work in a Bally machine without using a socket. For testing I attached them to popsicle sticks to mount them to the PF, (thus the pet project name "Yoppsicle). I'm not sure if the other product you mentioned existed when I made this video, but as you will note, this was created almost 2 years ago:

After trying this and seeing that it would work, I reached out to to barakandl to see if he would be willing to assist me in designing the board, since I'm a Radiology Sys Admin guy, not an electronics guy. He didn't have time, so I sat on it for around a year, but it was still rolling around in my head. I finally found a guy in Australia who was willing to help me design them and that's when the product came out. I WANT to have a stick that will work in Williams without the need for an extra diode, but once again I don't have the ability to do that. I also WANT to have a good LED sequencer for old playfields, but again, no talent.

Yopp

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I'm not sure if the other product you mentioned existed when I made this video, but as you will note, this was created almost 2 years ago:

It's a really old idea, Stern was doing it at least a decade ago, and Total Nuclear Anihilation uses them as well (with RGB addressing, and a plug vs. soldering.... I prefer the soldering myself)

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

It's a really old idea, Stern was doing it at least a decade ago, and Total Nuclear Anihilation uses them as well (with RGB addressing, and a plug vs. soldering.... I prefer the soldering myself)

And can I can't 100% say that seeing a flat board on the bottom of a newer playfield didn't plant the original idea in my head. I simply can't remember. The only thing I remember is wanting to use the LED strips to avoid sockets and trying to figure out a way to mount them, and popsicle stick is what I came up with. But I definitely wasn't aware of the smaller sticks that Pinball Life offered, because I would've just bought them instead of all this work! (Ha). I am a longtime Pinball Life customer and would guess I've spent thousands with them. That won't change. There's room for lot's of parts makers out here. The more the better.
Yopp

#1224 2 years ago

Fun read - I still don't see why a overlay - I thought PBR did a reproduction?

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Fun read - I still don't see why a overlay - I thought PBR did a reproduction?

As far as I'm aware there is no reproduction playfield offered by CPR or any other reputable playfield maker for Frontier. Hardtop was my best option.

If a repro does become available I might just be crazy enough to do the swap!

#1226 2 years ago

Soldered in some GI wiring as well as the common wire to all the lamp sockets.

Stuck a few mechs on the playfield too.

I might just be ready to drop the playfield harness on tomorrow.

KIMG1373 (resized).JPGKIMG1373 (resized).JPG

#1227 2 years ago

Wiring harness dropped in.

Rather than refer back to pictures I took I enjoy the process of figuring out where everything goes on my own. Harness clamps are secured in place and all the coils have crisp new wrappers.

IMG_9342 (resized).JPGIMG_9342 (resized).JPG

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Wiring harness dropped in.
Rather than refer back to pictures I took I enjoy the process of figuring out where everything goes on my own. Harness clamps are secured in place and all the coils have crisp new wrappers.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the coil wrappers? I'd like to update mine as well but haven't had any luck. I'd be happy with even generic Bally wrappers without the part numbers on them. Also, what have you found for the plastic lane guides for the top ABC lanes? I haven't found a good replacement for the originals yet.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Where did you get the coil wrappers? I'd like to update mine as well but haven't had any luck. I'd be happy with even generic Bally wrappers without the part numbers on them. Also, what have you found for the plastic lane guides for the top ABC lanes? I haven't found a good replacement for the originals yet.
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

PPS carries the lane guides with the Bally logo

#1230 2 years ago

Where did you get the coil wrappers?

I print my coil wrappers from Inkochnito 's website: http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/coil_wrappers.htm
There is a trick to getting them in the original "Bally" script -- feel free to PM and I can give details.

Also, what have you found for the plastic lane guides for the top ABC lanes?

I ended up ordering some universal red translucent lane guides. Not original, I know, but I'm hoping they will blend in with my overall color "adjustments."

Quoted from ODENONMYSIDE513:

PPS carries the lane guides with the Bally logo

Good to Know!

#1231 2 years ago

I reckon once the pop switch spoons have holes worn into them they ought to be replaced.

To compliment the coil wrappers I replaced the spoons with a new orange set from (you guessed it) Zitt / www.pinball-mods.com .

IMG_9344 (resized).JPGIMG_9344 (resized).JPG

When replacing the spoons I also replaced the diodes and capacitors. I'll do the same for all the remaining switches (diodes for sure, capacitors where needed).

IMG_9345 (resized).JPGIMG_9345 (resized).JPG

#1232 2 years ago

Finished soldering in the wiring harness and securing all playfield mechanisms to the underside of the playfield.

IMG_9346 (resized).JPGIMG_9346 (resized).JPG IMG_9348 (resized).JPGIMG_9348 (resized).JPG IMG_9349 (resized).JPGIMG_9349 (resized).JPG

I'm sure there will need to be some adjustments here and there but overall I'm happy with how things fit into place.

#1233 2 years ago

Flipping the playfield over means I get to work on some of the fun stuff next.

IMG_9350 (resized).JPGIMG_9350 (resized).JPG

Test fitting some pieces to see how the color combination is going to work with the set of plastic protectors I had made.

IMG_9376 (resized).JPGIMG_9376 (resized).JPG

I'll probably add a GI lamp under the rectangle standup target to highlight the red color better.

There is still a nice effect when I turn off the lights, but I think I can do better.

IMG_9386 (resized).JPGIMG_9386 (resized).JPG

#1234 2 years ago

Playfield Population in Progress!

IMG_9398A (resized).jpgIMG_9398A (resized).jpg

More details coming, but I am pleased with how things are coming together.

Oh yeah, I did indeed sign the playfield at the bottom right. I just airbrushed my signature out to protect the (somewhat) innocent.

#1235 2 years ago

The blue pop bodies contrast nicely with all the red in the posts/lane guides.

IMG_9406 (resized).JPGIMG_9406 (resized).JPG

Because I cannot leave well enough alone I changed up the graphic on my spinner.

IMG_9400 (resized).JPGIMG_9400 (resized).JPG

No, I don't really have anything against snakes. I'll jump when I see one if I'm not expecting it, but then I'll leave it alone. Now I have to figure out how to get the spinner to make a rattle snake sound when its hit.

More fun with lighting. I wanted to make sure I had the spinner lit up. I'm also liking how the bears are casting a shadow.

IMG_9404 (resized).JPGIMG_9404 (resized).JPG

#1236 2 years ago

Repinning connectors is much easier (on my back) when they are out of the machine.

IMG_9407 (resized).JPGIMG_9407 (resized).JPG

Can you tell which ones have already been replaced?

IMG_9408 (resized).JPGIMG_9408 (resized).JPG

Once the connectors are pinned I'll be ready to plug them in and give the playfield a test run while it is still on the bench. I need to source up a couple more hardware pieces to be able to fit the plastic protectors I had made. . . then it will be time to flip a few games!

#1237 2 years ago

you poor sole... i hate repinning connectors.

#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

you poor sole...

My feet/shoes are nothing to worry about. They feel just fine.

As far as the connectors go I just break up the monotony by mixing in some fun stuff. Pin a connector, play a couple games of Fathom. Pin a connector, install some Titan Rubbers. Pin a connector, install some bulbs. Pin a connector. . . you get the idea.

#1239 2 years ago

Working thru some small details.

Connectors are all re-pinned.

One of the plastics that did not come in the repro plastic set is the one that acts as a ball guide up by the kickout. Rather than use the old, yellowed one I made a new one out of some of the leftover blue material I used to make my Seawitch protectors. From test fitting I can say it blends well with the playfield where it is positioned.

IMG_9409 (resized).JPGIMG_9409 (resized).JPG

In order to utilize the set of plastic protectors I had made I needed to install stud posts with a taller top thread. This allows fitment of the protector, plastic, and 6-32 acorn nut.

I ordered a handful of #6 posts from Marcos, but when test fitting everything I found out the upper threads were "mixed," meaning that the acorn nuts would fit on some of them, but not all of them.

I ended up having to use a thread chaser to shave off some metal and allow the acorn nuts to fit.

IMG_9410 (resized).JPGIMG_9410 (resized).JPG

In this picture I have an unaltered post at the left, a tapped (halfway) post in the middle, and a "normal" post at the right.

IMG_9411 (resized).JPGIMG_9411 (resized).JPG

I could not get any other size metric or standard size thread chaser to simply spin on the threads, so I really have no idea what size they were. It almost looks like there is too much material between the threads that needed to be removed.

Will all the extra effort be worth it? Maybe. So far I am really liking how the protectors look on the playfield.

A sneak peek -- I had a set of protectors made in orange and yellow. I went with orange to match the coil wrappers.

IMG_9419 (resized).JPGIMG_9419 (resized).JPG

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Working thru some small details.
Connectors are all re-pinned.
One of the plastics that did not come in the repro plastic set is the one that acts as a ball guide up by the kickout. Rather than use the old, yellowed one I made a new one out of some of the leftover blue material I used to make my Seawitch protectors. From test fitting I can say it blends well with the playfield where it is positioned.
[quoted image]
In order to utilize the set of plastic protectors I had made I needed to install stud posts with a taller top thread. This allows fitment of the protector, plastic, and 6-32 acorn nut.
I ordered a handful of #6 posts from Marcos, but when test fitting everything I found out the upper threads were "mixed," meaning that the acorn nuts would fit on some of them, but not all of them.
I ended up having to use a thread chaser to shave off some metal and allow the acorn nuts to fit.
[quoted image]
In this picture I have an unaltered post at the left, a tapped (halfway) post in the middle, and a "normal" post at the right.
[quoted image]
I could not get any other size metric or standard size thread chaser to simply spin on the threads, so I really have no idea what size they were. It almost looks like there is too much material between the threads that needed to be removed.
Will all the extra effort be worth it? Maybe. So far I am really liking how the protectors look on the playfield.
A sneak peek -- I had a set of protectors made in orange and yellow. I went with orange to match the coil wrappers.
[quoted image]

This thing is gonna look so amazing!

35A18E57-987C-4DD7-B3D5-9322152DA960.gif35A18E57-987C-4DD7-B3D5-9322152DA960.gif
#1241 2 years ago

TractorDoc Well done on that plastic repro! Question for ya though - I recently snagged a beautiful EBD, and in tearing down the playfield for a clean/wax I noticed the bell spacers on my "guide" plastics don't have the flanges allowing me to attach them to the plastic! What a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ it was to reassemble the upper playfield (both sides), since these ball guides sit below the two enormous plastics that cover them, especially after the coat of wax! One wrong move, and the dang thang will skate down the playfield smoother than an Olympic speed skater!! Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding replacements. I really don't want to have to contaminate the parts with glue, but I'm seeing no other practical solution. Thoughts??

bells1 (resized).jpegbells1 (resized).jpegbells2 (resized).jpegbells2 (resized).jpeg
#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I'm having a hard time finding replacements.

I've always called them bells too, but a quick search labels them as "extruded metal posts."

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-8926

No matter, in the couple places I looked they are discontinued. I had a couple extra from some parts games that I was able to use for myself, I would think that if you placed a wanted ad here on Pinside for some you'd be able to source them. Someone out there probably has a box full of them -- yours somehow had the tops cut or broken off sometime in the past.

Good luck in your search!

#1243 2 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

yours somehow had the tops cut or broken off sometime in the past.

That's how some people remove/reinstall them.

Even with the bells intact EBD is a PITA to get things aligned properly. Any misalignment of the upper right area will amplify itself and you'll have issues with proper ball travel.

Flight 2000 is another game that has a shitton of those bells in the maze area with the same issue. Gotta predrill and if possible use Tnut underneath instead of wood screw to make it easier.

#1244 2 years ago

In the words of the Immortal Kool-Aid Man (or was it Randy Savage? ). . . Oh Yeah!

IMG_9433 (resized).JPGIMG_9433 (resized).JPG

There were (and may still be) a few bugs to work out. I found a couple bulbs that needed seated and a wire to two that needed a touch more solder.

When I first powered the game up I found I had no power to the playfield coils. Installing a fuse in the clip under the playfield fixed that.

Initially nothing would happen when I pushed the credit button. I found a loose wire on the tilt panel (for the tilt ball) and once I resoldered that I could start a game.

During the coil test I found one of the pop bumpers was much weaker than the others. Once I looked under the playfield I quickly found the problem.

IMG_9440 (resized).JPGIMG_9440 (resized).JPG

Lastly (for now) one of my slingshots was going crazy when actuated. It would even fire rapidly with a flipper flick. It took me a little longer to find the problem, but eventually I located the solder splash that was bridging the metal bits. I've also since trimmed the leg of that diode.

IMG_9439 (resized).JPGIMG_9439 (resized).JPG

A couple playfield pictures to follow.

#1245 2 years ago

By not means are these my "photoshoot" pictures. I still need to peel the film off the plastics, install acorn nuts, blow dust off the playfield, etc.

But it should give a taste of what things will look like.

IMG_9443 (resized).JPGIMG_9443 (resized).JPG IMG_9446 (resized).JPGIMG_9446 (resized).JPG

#1246 2 years ago

dats purrty.
all around a great transformation.
You coming to TPF'22?
yeah; I know it's a long shot.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

dats purrty.
all around a great transformation.
You coming to TPF'22?
yeah; I know it's a long shot.

Thanks John!
The look would not be complete without your pop bumper bits and drop targets.

Texas is indeed a long shot. With my current work schedule I'm just hoping to get an afternoon in at PinBrew this year. . . and that is just an hour or so from home.

#1248 2 years ago

I'm still waiting for the decals to finish the apron, so technically I cannot call Frontier "done," but I'm far enough along that I've been able to flip a few games and get a feel for how the hardtop plays.

It plays very similar to some of my clear coated playfields. . . only it is much quieter. I'm sure once the glass is on I'll hardly notice that. The ball definitely rolls smooth and fast.

Before I beat the game up too much I thought I'd better take some pictures. I'll take more in the daylight but here are a few from this evening.

5J5A2906 (resized).JPG5J5A2906 (resized).JPG 5J5A2912 (resized).JPG5J5A2912 (resized).JPG

Took a couple with the macro lens too.

5J5A2934 (resized).JPG5J5A2934 (resized).JPG 5J5A2956 (resized).JPG5J5A2956 (resized).JPG

I will say that hardtops are a great surface for catching reflections!

#1249 2 years ago

It looks fantastic!

3 weeks later
#1250 2 years ago

This thread has been too quiet lately, it’s making me worry!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

7,032 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 300.00
Cabinet Parts
Fantastic Pinball Inc.

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,263 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/25?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.