With Earthshaker cleared from the workbench I saw the opportunity to tear into my next project. . . sort of. This will not be a all-in, full "chapter" in my thread -- more like a simple shop job with a couple posts of before and after. The next big project will come after this one!
A number of months back I had the opportunity to pickup a wish list game within a couple hours drive. I only had a couple fuzzy pictures and what the owner knew of the game (not much) to go on, but the price was reasonable so I took a chance and brought home this Stargate.
The previous owner had kept it in his garage for a number of years but the game booted up and played -- which is more than I can say for some games I've brought home. For the record I had to remove the upper cabinet to fit the game in a Jeep Liberty (my winter pin hauler).
Of course when I bought it home I had to look over some of the fine details. I pulled the glass and while a bit dusty the underside of the playfield did not show obvious signs of damage or corrosion.
Inspection of the upper playfield found components to be dusty and dirty. The lighting was dim and rubbers were a bit stiff (the upper flipper had nothing on it until I installed a temporary ring). Anubis had lost his ears at some point.
I put quite a few plays on the game in this state. . . until I was tired of reading the message in the dust under the pyramid.
With Earthshaker back in its box I decided to give Stargate a tune up. . . and the workbench soon started to fill back up!