Step One -- Remove the old plastic.
To make installation of the fiddly bits easier I chose to remove the crane frame from the mount by removing the clip/horizontal pin. The black rectangle is a decal that is designed to cover the red coil wrapper. I did not know which part of the wrapper would be exposed at this point so I did not install it.
Don't forget to disconnect your coil connector before pulling the crane frame from the game! Now is also a good time to give the metal bracket a good clean.
The first piece I chose to install is/was the Claw. The two halves separate by removing the screw and nut. I made sure to fit the LED wiring (if yours is so equipped) to the underside of the framework. In my situation it helped to have the nut that secures the magnet core/coil flat/flush with the back of the claw halves (vs. having one of the nut "points" touch the back of the claw). I realize this may not make sense -- I can post a better pic later or just see how the nut looks in the top view pic.
5J5A3438 (resized).JPG5J5A3439 (resized).JPG
Slide the two halves over the crane frame bracket and secure with the screw/nut.
Wiring neatly tucked under the crane frame and secured in the clip.
Add on the base crane frame cover next.
Then one of the cool parts -- Davi took the time to 3D print the hydraulic cylinder in . . . well 3D naturally.
Another cool part -- an actual truss framework to handle the weight of lifting those pinballs.
Secured with the original screw.
Then the most difficult part -- sneaking the wires back down into the playfield holes to the underside. I actually removed the Deadworld ring(s) to make the process easier.
A view of where to plug the connectors in under the playfield.
Fit the pin/clip back in to secure the crane arm bracket and . . .