Image-0x2025.png
Image-0x2057.png
Image-0x2084.png
1401417022026.jpg
1401416983659.jpg
1401416936568.jpg
1401416910055.jpg
1401416788442.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 9 years ago

Great idea! I'm so glad someone is finally doing this!

#65 9 years ago

I could do the Pro code if you want.

#74 9 years ago

I have the 90's cartoon theme song music file. It is currently installed on my machine as the main music.

#107 9 years ago

Out of the two of them definitely Deep! Still to slow paced and not exciting enough for my tastes, but that's just me.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Like this...
Jump to 23:35 in the clip.
» YouTube video

OK now that is cool!

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Good lord. I think my head is about to explode after sifting through 5000+ VO clips. Thank the goddess for Scotch.

Does scotch make VO clips sound better like it makes woman prettier?

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No. Nothing makes this pretty. I am wiped. 8000 clips in 2 days.

Yeah it must suck. Are we just mapping Beast, Storm and Phoenix? Or are we mapping others? I am ok with the other voices but if we are mapping more I finished up the Pro code mapping tonight.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I could throw a loop of Under Pressure's intro on there.
Get it?

Isn't that vanilla ice's ice ice baby intro

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Well, I was just messaging with Ed209 and discussing where we are. We have made it almost all the way through the Marvel MMO voice files (about 16,000 English callouts) and have enough right now to replace all of the horrible Storm mode callouts, all of Deadpool's stuff (really funny stuff in the MMO - there were like 50 of his Pirate Deadpool lines alone), probably enough to replace Pheonix mode callouts, and I am working on Weapon X Multiball music now.
I want to also find something a little more revved up for Sabretooth mode, and after listening to iceman mode music I agree that it is lame.
Beast is the toughest task at this point, but Ed209 is making that his focus now, and he has proven invaluable at hunting this stuff and finding is clean, useable files. I have a ton of animated stuff from you, Donnyman, and am starting to go through it to see if I can get clean Beast stuff there.
I found a cool clip from the movies for one of the intro callouts today. It is Pateick Stewart, but the Prof X in the game sounds close enough to him, and Stewart is so iconic, that I don't thing it will be a continuity issue.
I have had several requests to fit the old original animated series theme song in here somewhere. I need you guys to come to some consensus as to where you want that to play. The music files in this game are tough to replace, compared to ACDC and MET, because instead of replacing full songs and minutes of space, I am dealing with 20-35 second loops of music. Not easy to edit the end to flow back into the beginning. But I can do my best to make it as seamless as possible.
I have been assured that More Human Than Human is too tired and overplayed to be wanted in weapon x Multiball, so I will be moving on from that. Although I did make a good loop of it, dammit.

I have the original 90's cartoon music as the main music on mine right now. I can make and post a video of it tomorrow if you want.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You mean the song that plays during regular play, throughout the game?
Yeah, let people hear that and decide. That has been the most requested thing I have heard so far.

Yes it plays during regular play. And it's awesome.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You mean the song that plays during regular play, throughout the game?
Yeah, let people hear that and decide. That has been the most requested thing I have heard so far.

As requested here is a video of my Xmen with the 90's cartoon music playing as the main music of the game. The video is in HD and my son is playing so the play is terrible but just pay attention to the music.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Thanks for the vid, but I'm wondering how the loop break sounds....though it might not even be heard much with different modes starting and such.

I can email you the sound file. The loop breaks nicely, I don't even notice it when I'm playing.

#180 9 years ago

There isn't on mine. I still think the 90's music fits best as the main music of the game.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Are there alternate endings and unused footage on the DVDs?
These usually have less (sometimes no) background sounds and might yield cleaner dialog.

I wouldn't want to have Hugh Jackman's voice in there or anyone in the movies, they don't really sound like the characters they are playing IMO. The pin is based on the comics not the movies (thank god!) If you mix them you have the Flintstones again.

1 week later
#194 9 years ago

If you # the sound bytes the same as they are in the pinball browser I can do the tedious task of updating/replacing the Pro code so it can come out faster.

3 weeks later
#207 9 years ago

The op has a HUGE task ahead of him. I think he might be doing it in spurts?

3 months later
#216 9 years ago

I think it was given up on?

1 month later
#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Since the game doesn't have staying power evidently looks like it's been dead for a while.

Troll post or what

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Whats the state of this project? I should be joining the x-men club shortly, and this sounds very cool.

Since the op hasn't answered any posts in this thread in ages, I figure this is a dead project.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yep troll post. Obviously.
/sarcasm
How many people are still talking about this game again?

There's this now

And some people still talk about this game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/186

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm about to dump ST for one

I think you should do it. You won't regret it.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Plus, if gambit keeps his games up to date he still owns his.. Could be fresh owners like me that carry the sound mod over the finish line.

I hope you do

1 year later
#241 8 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Beast sounds like JD from the Howard Stern show.
Any chance Stern will upgrade what seems to be much in demand redone call outs just as they finally updated Avengers software ? I would think upgrading call outs would be a piece of cake versus updating game rule sets...

No. Unfortunantly Xmen owners don't whine as much as Avenger owners

6 months later
#247 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

If there's any chance of this still being worked on, I am more than happy to pull audio from all 3 of the cartoons. Aside from replacing voices, using all 3 theme songs at various points of game play would be great too.

Yes please help. This needs to happen!

1 year later
#283 6 years ago

Crappy, I just noticed this is for the LE version only. Do you have one for the pro? There are a lot more pros out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.