Image-0x2025.png
Image-0x2057.png
Image-0x2084.png
1401417022026.jpg
1401416983659.jpg
1401416936568.jpg
1401416910055.jpg
1401416788442.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Other than using something like DropBox and sharing when you upload, I don't know. Never used anything for transfer like this. There are free services out there.

You could use google drive as that is 5GB of space free and allows sharing via emailed link.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Quick question on the pinball browser...since I haven't messed with it much in the past several months.
When I was last screwing with it, it was tough to get the volumes just right. Even after running a clip through Audacity, pumping up the volume, tweaking, compressing, normalizing, and doing everything else...the clip would just NOT be as loud as the ones that came stock from the factory. Pushing it further would just end up with a distorted-sounding clip.
Was there ever a decent work-around for this?
Pete

I know it has some volume control assisting if you get the premium version of the app. I suggest everyone using this app donate to the programmer as it is great and especially if you are using it for this large of a project.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I personally like the voice of Deadpool in the Ultimate Alliance games, but have no issues with the voice used on the machine. I leave that to everyone else to decide what they prefer.
I have currently mapped Beast, Phoenix and Storm. Storm is my least favorite, by far. Her lines are so hokey and poorly done. There are odd pauses and a few spots where is flat sounds like the voice actor was reading her lines off the page. I had to go through Storm's lines this morning, line by line, and they are horrid.
Phoenix is bad too, but mostly because it sounds like a 4 year old wrote the lines.
Beast would not be so bad if the voice actor wasn't awful.
Those are the 3 I am actively working on and will be looking for callouts to replace ASAP. I have a lot of material on its way to me from Donnyman, and I know at least two others are sifting through the video game callouts. We are making progress.

I really want to change the panting and the music in Weapon X mode as it is so repetitive. The panting is referred to as "dirty old man logan" mode by a couple of my friends.

#172 9 years ago

Why not have the edited wav files on a share like Dropbox along with macros for where to insert each one and let everyone pick and choose what they want to change. I am OK with most of the voices with maybe the exception of Strom, but I would like to have options. This can also help you avoid any potential "legal" issues of distributing a changed firmware with copyrighted audio in it that you don't have the rights to distribute.

2 weeks later
#195 9 years ago

Can someone do the Pro as macros? That way we can pick and choose. Just need the source files and macros along with a stock firmware.

11 months later
#237 8 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

Can you expand on this? Are the voices from an Xmen animated TV series? Is this true for all of them - Beast deosn't sound like a professional voice actor.

He means the dialogue used. It is things they have said in the comics. Ironically, Storm is no longer the queen of Wakanda, Cylcops left the X-Men and formed his own X-Men, and two of the characters are dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game?tu=judremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.