Image-0x2025.png
Image-0x2057.png
Image-0x2084.png
1401417022026.jpg
1401416983659.jpg
1401416936568.jpg
1401416910055.jpg
1401416788442.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago

Can you get clean VO from the movies? Seems like using game clips may be the safer bet for ripping quality audio sources without music and soundFX in the background.

#42 9 years ago

Can you get a cleaner source from a 5.1 mix? Center channel may have more isolated dialogue. I don't own any of the movies but I can play around with my home theater setup to see if this is the case.

#47 9 years ago

Stuff to pick through from MvC3.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah...not having any background noise is bound to make those clips cleaner and easier to use. Too bad every game doesn't have a sound test menu where you can listen to all of the sound clips.

Might be able to extract the raw VO from some titles. I'll dig into this over the weekend with some of the x-men/marvel games I own.

#63 9 years ago

So I did some playing around and I was successfully able to extract raw VO from Marvel Heroes. I'll play around with some other titles to see if I have similar luck. Thinking games like Ultimate Alliance may have better sound bites.

#68 9 years ago

Is there a place we could drop sound files as we get them? Like an FTP or something?

#71 9 years ago

Lol...I have way too many audio files to sift through. Looking at 20,000 VO clips from marvel heroes alone. Nothing is labeled and it includes all the translated VO. :/ Some good stuff in here though.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I have a feeling that Ultimate Alliance will have good stuff of we can find everything, too. We just need to decide which version and voice we are using for each character, first.

I have some of that as well.

#96 9 years ago

Uploading all the audio I have to a google drop box tonight. If anyone wants to help listen and help evaluate if any of this is usable and worth sifting through PM me your email and I'll share the files with you. I'll keep throwing audio up as I get more.

#108 9 years ago

Bit on the Tron side. Wish it was a bit more gritty and less techno. Wonder if the movie soundtracks have some gems.

#109 9 years ago

Like this...

Jump to 23:35 in the clip. Personally I could go with even less techno then this.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

NIN Both too slow. Does not fit a multiball mode.
the problem with picking song changes is that so many people have different tastes in music.
Voices are one thing that almost everyone can agree on
Beast and Storm need changing.

The goal is to remove the Wolverine panting sounds not to replace all the music in the pin. I think we can find a piece that would stay in tone with the original minus the heavy breathing. If not...easy to swap out.

#121 9 years ago

Good lord. I think my head is about to explode after sifting through 5000+ VO clips. Thank the goddess for Scotch.

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Does scotch make VO clips sound better like it makes woman prettier?

I hope not. Really don't want to wake up next to ugly selects. =p

#126 9 years ago

That's the plan. Unless we find callouts that are heads and tails above the rest the plan was to leave the other characters alone.

Nolan North's take on Deadpool is tempting.

#153 9 years ago

Guessing the best thing to do is to release a list of all the changes so it's easy for people to swap back original audio if they prefer it.

#162 9 years ago

If anyone wants to help out we really need more Beast audio. I'm going through what sources I have but not having much luck finding quality stuff that works for all the callouts.

Here's a list of some of Beasts voice actors and projects they've been involved with...

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/X-Men/Beast/

I wonder how much it would actually cost to get an hour of studio time with one of these guys.

#163 9 years ago

Also long shot. If anyone has ever extracted and converted a ZSM -> WAV from any of the Ultimate Alliance games hit me up. Have some questions for ya.

#165 9 years ago

Love that theme song.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ed209.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game?tu=ed209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.