Image-0x2025.png
Image-0x2057.png
Image-0x2084.png
1401417022026.jpg
1401416983659.jpg
1401416936568.jpg
1401416910055.jpg
1401416788442.jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

One thing that is very much needed is a female "Shoot Again" callout. It makes very little sense to show Dazzler skate across the screen and then show a close up of her with a microphone in her hand and then hear "SHOOT AGAIN!" in a gravely Wolverine voice. It's another one of those head shaking mistakes in the game.

I would have to agree. What a crazy thing to do.
I think Breakshot has a great shoot again sound with a female voice as does Scared Stiff, but Elvira is too recognizable.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I would have to agree. What a crazy thing to do.
I think Breakshot has a great shoot again sound with a female voice as does Scared Stiff, but Elvira is too recognizable.

The only SAM games I could think of with female "shoot again" calls to rip directly were:

24....not great, but surprisingly not bad. Much better than Wolverine.

TRON...too computery

and I thought Star Trek had one, but I couldn't find it in the code. It may also be a bit too computery.

2 weeks later
#203 9 years ago

Just picked up wolverine and played it for the first time .....now I understand this thread....lol two games in I can't stand the breathing music... Never played with pin browser or even updated a game yet. Is there a donation box for the update you guys are making?

#204 9 years ago

Great project here. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

This is bound to have some good clips if they could be ripped.
» YouTube video
...not that I really think Deadpool needs reworked.

"Nghaa at least it will be better than that iron man table" lmao

#206 9 years ago

When can we try out some X-Men Pro changes?

Awesome work, I've been playing this game more than any other in my lineup and can't wait to try it out.

-c

#207 9 years ago

The op has a HUGE task ahead of him. I think he might be doing it in spurts?

#208 9 years ago

I think personally that the biggest issues are the WeaponX music and Beast voice. If these are modified, I will be more than happy. That game is one of the best underated games out there. Once you know how to play, it is very challenging. Probably the main music for the game too could be changed...

#209 9 years ago

I was just playing XMLE at my buddies house and the call outs are horrendous. The sayings themselves are lame and the voice acting is so bad. The game itself is sweet but the callouts are so bad. I can't imagine who listened to them and decided to give the green light.

3 weeks later
#210 9 years ago

bump from a new Xmen Pro owner. Any progress? Not that I am in anyway rushing you I was just curious

#211 9 years ago

More power to everyone working on this and I think it will be cool when you're done. Personally, though, I like the Xmen callouts (even Beast).

--Luke

#212 9 years ago

Just picked up a Pro today as well. This project sounds MASSIVE and wonderful! Most of the callouts don't bother me a whole lot, Rogue is probably my least favorite right now. Either way, ambitious project and I can't wait to see where it leads...!

#213 9 years ago

Ya boys can not wait to see how this goes

#214 9 years ago

Anyone have a playable LE test version? Pm me if you do.

2 months later
#215 9 years ago

Been a few months, did this project get to be too much?

#216 9 years ago

I think it was given up on?

#217 9 years ago

A good way to isolate voices is obtaining (legally or not) a 5.1 or 7.1 surround rip of the movie, importing the MKV file into Audacity, and using the noise removal filter to sample background music/sound effects from various tracks and removing those on the center channel (used mainly for voice). I used this technique on the below video to isolate the sound effects and remove the existing music and voices from the movie so I can mix in my own music.

#218 9 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I was just playing XMLE at my buddies house and the call outs are horrendous. The sayings themselves are lame and the voice acting is so bad. The game itself is sweet but the callouts are so bad. I can't imagine who listened to them and decided to give the green light.

I Like the call outs they're from the actual comics. I don't mind the voice actors either.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

A good way to isolate voices is obtaining (legally or not) a 5.1 or 7.1 surround rip of the movie, importing the MKV file into Audacity, and using the noise removal filter to sample background music/sound effects from various tracks and removing those on the center channel (used mainly for voice). I used this technique on the below video to isolate the sound effects and remove the existing music and voices from the movie so I can mix in my own music.
» YouTube video

Very cool!

1 month later
#220 9 years ago

Whats the state of this project? I should be joining the x-men club shortly, and this sounds very cool.

#221 9 years ago

Since the game doesn't have staying power evidently looks like it's been dead for a while.

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Since the game doesn't have staying power evidently looks like it's been dead for a while.

Troll post or what

#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Whats the state of this project? I should be joining the x-men club shortly, and this sounds very cool.

Since the op hasn't answered any posts in this thread in ages, I figure this is a dead project.

#224 9 years ago

Yep troll post. Obviously.

/sarcasm

How many people are still talking about this game again?

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yep troll post. Obviously.
/sarcasm
How many people are still talking about this game again?

There's this now

And some people still talk about this game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/186

#226 9 years ago

I'm about to dump ST for one, so I'm talking positive.

#227 9 years ago

Plus, if gambit keeps his games up to date he still owns his.. Could be fresh owners like me that carry the sound mod over the finish line.

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm about to dump ST for one

I think you should do it. You won't regret it.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Plus, if gambit keeps his games up to date he still owns his.. Could be fresh owners like me that carry the sound mod over the finish line.

I hope you do

#230 9 years ago

X-Men is freaking awesome!

#231 9 years ago

I just got this game (LE). The callouts are the weakest point in the game from what I can tell. Great game otherwise.

The voice work in Marvel Heroes is what I'm used to for these characters and is far better. Anyone looking for sound bites should check it out. Actually anyone who likes free to play online games should check it out. It's basically Diablo with a Marvel skin. It's run by a great company. They have over 40 playable characters and add at least one each month. They characters makes these little comments to or about each other when they are near. Some are pretty entertaining, Deadpool cracks me up. Anyway...

https://marvelheroes.com/

#232 9 years ago

The project is at a hault

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

The project is at a hault, the many sound clips and sound waves were either digital or analog at different qualities of clarity. That was months ago. I'm not sure what's going on now with the project. A color dmd will make this game go out with a bang

5 months later
#236 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I Like the call outs they're from the actual comics. I don't mind the voice actors either.

Can you expand on this? Are the voices from an Xmen animated TV series? Is this true for all of them - Beast deosn't sound like a professional voice actor.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from onetaste:

Can you expand on this? Are the voices from an Xmen animated TV series? Is this true for all of them - Beast deosn't sound like a professional voice actor.

He means the dialogue used. It is things they have said in the comics. Ironically, Storm is no longer the queen of Wakanda, Cylcops left the X-Men and formed his own X-Men, and two of the characters are dead.

#238 8 years ago

I think three are dead now, right? Professor X is dead, Jean Grey is dead and they just killed Wolverine. The rebooted comics show Old Man Logan, but traditional wolverine taken over by X23, so Im guessing he is fairly permadead until movie rights can be wrestled from Fox.

#239 8 years ago

OMG.....I wish I had the technical ability to help on this project. Its all the game needs.

7 months later
#240 8 years ago

Beast sounds like JD from the Howard Stern show.

Any chance Stern will upgrade what seems to be much in demand redone call outs just as they finally updated Avengers software ? I would think upgrading call outs would be a piece of cake versus updating game rule sets...

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Beast sounds like JD from the Howard Stern show.
Any chance Stern will upgrade what seems to be much in demand redone call outs just as they finally updated Avengers software ? I would think upgrading call outs would be a piece of cake versus updating game rule sets...

No. Unfortunantly Xmen owners don't whine as much as Avenger owners

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No. Unfortunantly Xmen owners don't whine as much as Avenger owners

#243 8 years ago

X-men owners were so happy to get code they were afraid to ask for anything else

I see there are a few different versions of Walking Dead sound replacements. What about x-men makes this harder?

#244 8 years ago

yea, all this game needs is Cleland

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

yea, all this game needs is Cleland

And a final code polish update from Stern to at LEAST fix the bug where the game does not even reset after the final wizard mode.

6 months later
#246 7 years ago

If there's any chance of this still being worked on, I am more than happy to pull audio from all 3 of the cartoons. Aside from replacing voices, using all 3 theme songs at various points of game play would be great too.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

If there's any chance of this still being worked on, I am more than happy to pull audio from all 3 of the cartoons. Aside from replacing voices, using all 3 theme songs at various points of game play would be great too.

Yes please help. This needs to happen!

#248 7 years ago

Played mine just last night, the call outs and the music just kill the game for me.

#249 7 years ago

Trying to import the main theme of the 90's cartoon but no luck. Says it's too long but its not. I've used audacity to shrank the audio and it also says to check my licence....I've already did that....dammit.

If someone could help, would be appreciate.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from matt_assassin:

Trying to import the main theme of the 90's cartoon but no luck. Says it's too long but its not. I've used audacity to shrank the audio and it also says to check my licence....I've already did that....dammit.
If someone could help, would be appreciate.

How old is your license? I had a license that was a couple of years old and it no longer supports importing longer files. Quick donation and a new license was sent. Seemed fair to me. I use PB a lot and have made two donations since it was launched. New license imported long files no problem.
With the latest version you don't need to shrink files either. They get automatically truncated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.