Image-0x2025.png
Image-0x2057.png
Image-0x2084.png
1401417022026.jpg
1401416983659.jpg
1401416936568.jpg
1401416910055.jpg
1401416788442.jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

For the 24 sec wolverine loop I was personally thinking of prodigy's " smack my bitch up"
0:50-1:14 has some serious claw sharpening sounds/ beat to match.
Seems perfect for it.

That is not a bad idea.

#102 9 years ago

Most the callouts in xmen are fine. I think replacing them all is undesirable. Only thing is consider is beast and storm.

#103 9 years ago

I am interested in replacing Storm and Phoenix. I have already found enough callouts in the files we are fishing through to replace Storm's. Phoenix may or may not be doable at this point. There is definitely enough to do Deadpool, too.

Beast is also being looked for. There isn't much out there for him, though. The Kelsey Grammer drops from the movies are too polluted to use.

#104 9 years ago

This is great!

Robert

#105 9 years ago

Ed209 and I are up to our eyeballs in drops from video games. But there is really promising stuff in here. I personally went through about 5000 WAV files today, of which around 15% are in English. Of those, maybe 1 in 100 is usable for us. Got a good 2 more days like that to go before we know just what we have to work with from video games.

So, can someone please look into the mixing of the movie quotes for Beast, in particular? I could use a hand checking to see if the center channel feed is clean. Otherwise, we might have a hard time replacing him. Or, if someone has the equipment and wants to take a crack at re-recording his lines, I can give you a script to follow.

Also, Storm mode callous are being replaced in the code, meaning we need a few longer drops to have play at the start of the game, where Storm announces whatever problem Magneto is creating (attacking the UN Summit, the submarine, etc...). Something general about mutants, or something iconic from the cartoons or movies, or whatever. I believe that music is playing over those, so I don't think a song will work (but feel free to check me on that).

I have received a number of files and some requests to edit songs and voice callous. I have you in line and in mind, but I just haven't gotten to you yet if you have not heard from me.

The STI truck bringing my game broke down yesterday, and apparently just got moving late this afternoon, so I will be at least Thursday before I have it on hand to test things and roll through the game with glass off to map what does what and when. Any help in the interim is appreciated.

If you have any specific requests or ideas of what should go where, speak up. Also, if you are helping us by contributing, sorting, mapping, listening to WAVs and identifying, you are getting a big say in this project. We have a Dropbox uploaded with literally thousands of sounds to sort. PM Ed209 to gain access. I also have a map of the callous for some of the characters we have sorted from the code, with full script of the lines. If you want access to that doc, PM me.

Any takers on trying your hand at custom voice work for this? If you hate a voice, do better.

#106 9 years ago

Some out loud thinking here....for Weapon X multiball....

Instrumental version of a Closer by NIN?

....or instrumental Deep by NIN?

#107 9 years ago

Out of the two of them definitely Deep! Still to slow paced and not exciting enough for my tastes, but that's just me.

#108 9 years ago

Bit on the Tron side. Wish it was a bit more gritty and less techno. Wonder if the movie soundtracks have some gems.

#109 9 years ago

Like this...

Jump to 23:35 in the clip. Personally I could go with even less techno then this.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Like this...
Jump to 23:35 in the clip.
» YouTube video

I like that. Cut it into a WAV?

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Out of the two of them definitely Deep! Still to slow paced and not exciting enough for my tastes, but that's just me.

Yeah, probably so. Erak emailed me something last night that is much heavier. Going to pay with the edit and see what it turns out like.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Like this...
Jump to 23:35 in the clip.
» YouTube video

OK now that is cool!

#113 9 years ago

NIN Both too slow. Does not fit a multiball mode.
the problem with picking song changes is that so many people have different tastes in music.
Voices are one thing that almost everyone can agree on
Beast and Storm need changing.

Wolverine multiball, kinda but everyone will want something different.
Ice man Ramp theme needs changing as well. But again everyone will want something different.

I tried to change the Wolverine song myself but it wont let me save the file for some reason.
I have successfully changed some of the DOTS. made phoenix actually have hands instead of square clubs.
and made beast second transformation have less of teddy bear ears.

I have also been working on the Star trek dots.
This is at the end/ anyone know what mode this is? seems to be some kind of transporter malfunction with cats and a old tv episode?

Image-0x2084.pngImage-0x2084.png
Image-0x2057.pngImage-0x2057.png
Image-0x2025.pngImage-0x2025.png

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

NIN Both too slow. Does not fit a multiball mode.
the problem with picking song changes is that so many people have different tastes in music.
Voices are one thing that almost everyone can agree on
Beast and Storm need changing.

The goal is to remove the Wolverine panting sounds not to replace all the music in the pin. I think we can find a piece that would stay in tone with the original minus the heavy breathing. If not...easy to swap out.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

The goal is to remove the Wolverine panting sounds not to replace all the music in the pin. I think we can find a piece that would stay in tone with the original minus the heavy breathing. If not...easy to swap out.

I understand that, but as of now there are 6 +different wolverine songs by 6+or more people. Everyone has a different opinion on what they think suits the mode best. Just going to be hard to narrow it down to what the consensus likes.
Maybe going to have to do a poll, kind of like how Stern handled the Metallica songs.
That is what I meant, not changing every song.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Some out loud thinking here....for Weapon X multiball....
Instrumental version of a Closer by NIN?
» YouTube video
....or instrumental Deep by NIN?
» YouTube video

Yes!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Someone with a bit more know how on the file sharing and transfer stuff, just go ahead and set something up on google or Core FTP or something, so that we can start getting some of these files in one place (and so that I can start playing with editting them).

I have no horse in this race, but following the thread anyway. I find it interesting.

Anyone with a computer can run an FTP server for free.
https://filezilla-project.org/

Post edited by SPeD66: simplicity

#118 9 years ago

Damn it you guys! I've been missing my XMen, this project is only going to make me want it more!
Great work! Keep it up!

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have also been working on the Star Trek dots.
This is at the end/ anyone know what mode this is? seems to be some kind of transporter malfunction with cats and a old tv episode?

It's part of the opening animations to Enterprise Amok, the 2nd mode tier mini-wizard mode

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I understand that, but as of now there are 6 +different wolverine songs by 6+or more people. Everyone has a different opinion on what they think suits the mode best. Just going to be hard to narrow it down to what the consensus likes.
Maybe going to have to do a poll, kind of like how Stern handled the Metallica songs.
That is what I meant, not changing every song.

For something as simple as that song, I can make multiple versions. You can have it with the Weapon X song, someone with NIN, and others with the Devil May Cry song. I am going to make multiple loops to see which one I think sounds best, anyway.

#121 9 years ago

Good lord. I think my head is about to explode after sifting through 5000+ VO clips. Thank the goddess for Scotch.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Good lord. I think my head is about to explode after sifting through 5000+ VO clips. Thank the goddess for Scotch.

Does scotch make VO clips sound better like it makes woman prettier?

#123 9 years ago

No. Nothing makes this pretty. I am wiped. 8000 clips in 2 days.

#124 9 years ago

Does scotch make VO clips sound better like it makes woman prettier?

I hope not. Really don't want to wake up next to ugly selects. =p

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No. Nothing makes this pretty. I am wiped. 8000 clips in 2 days.

Yeah it must suck. Are we just mapping Beast, Storm and Phoenix? Or are we mapping others? I am ok with the other voices but if we are mapping more I finished up the Pro code mapping tonight.

#126 9 years ago

That's the plan. Unless we find callouts that are heads and tails above the rest the plan was to leave the other characters alone.

Nolan North's take on Deadpool is tempting.

#127 9 years ago

Yeah it must suck. Are we just mapping Beast, Storm and Phoenix? Or are we mapping others? I am ok with the other voices but if we are mapping more I finished up the Pro code mapping tonight.

Deadpool is on my to-do list. There is really funny stuff in the material we are sorting through. I have more of him than anyone so far, and it is all funnier than anything in the game now.

Then anyone else that the consensus wants to change, if there is anyone else.

Instead of changing Magneto's voice and callouts, I am just thinking about reducing the instance of hearing really lengthy diatribes from him.

#128 9 years ago

Any chance of wanting to change the iceman ramp music. I personally dislike it more than the panting wolverine music.

#129 9 years ago

Yeah I can. I don't remember which one it is, though. Have thoughts for replacement music?

#130 9 years ago

Also, for Weapon X Multiball music, I made a loop today where I rearranged the first 24 seconds of More Human Than Human (starts with just the drum beats and electronic sounds, then the guitars some in, and edited a seam that repeats pretty well). Any one have a way I can upload it for feedback here?

#131 9 years ago

If you have a Dropbox account you can upload it and share a link to the file.

#132 9 years ago

I do, but we have a lot of stuff working out of that right now, and not ready for public release or comment.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Any chance of wanting to change the iceman ramp music. I personally dislike it more than the panting wolverine music.

I could throw a loop of Under Pressure's intro on there.

Get it?

#134 9 years ago

Take your time gambit 3113, lm just glad it's happening. This project shouldn't be rushed by any means, don't feel pressured.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I do, but we have a lot of stuff working out of that right now, and not ready for public release or comment.

You can put an mp3 in your public folder and share the link to it without exposing all your files. They'll get a 404 if they try to go to the root directory.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I could throw a loop of Under Pressure's intro on there.
Get it?

Isn't that vanilla ice's ice ice baby intro

#137 9 years ago

Indeed

#138 9 years ago

No actually

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Take your time gambit 3113, lm just glad it's happening. This project shouldn't be rushed by any means, don't feel pressured.

Well, I was just messaging with Ed209 and discussing where we are. We have made it almost all the way through the Marvel MMO voice files (about 16,000 English callouts) and have enough right now to replace all of the horrible Storm mode callouts, all of Deadpool's stuff (really funny stuff in the MMO - there were like 50 of his Pirate Deadpool lines alone), probably enough to replace Pheonix mode callouts, and I am working on Weapon X Multiball music now.

I want to also find something a little more revved up for Sabretooth mode, and after listening to iceman mode music I agree that it is lame.

Beast is the toughest task at this point, but Ed209 is making that his focus now, and he has proven invaluable at hunting this stuff and finding is clean, useable files. I have a ton of animated stuff from you, Donnyman, and am starting to go through it to see if I can get clean Beast stuff there.

I found a cool clip from the movies for one of the intro callouts today. It is Pateick Stewart, but the Prof X in the game sounds close enough to him, and Stewart is so iconic, that I don't thing it will be a continuity issue.

I have had several requests to fit the old original animated series theme song in here somewhere. I need you guys to come to some consensus as to where you want that to play. The music files in this game are tough to replace, compared to ACDC and MET, because instead of replacing full songs and minutes of space, I am dealing with 20-35 second loops of music. Not easy to edit the end to flow back into the beginning. But I can do my best to make it as seamless as possible.

I have been assured that More Human Than Human is too tired and overplayed to be wanted in weapon x Multiball, so I will be moving on from that. Although I did make a good loop of it, dammit.

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Well, I was just messaging with Ed209 and discussing where we are. We have made it almost all the way through the Marvel MMO voice files (about 16,000 English callouts) and have enough right now to replace all of the horrible Storm mode callouts, all of Deadpool's stuff (really funny stuff in the MMO - there were like 50 of his Pirate Deadpool lines alone), probably enough to replace Pheonix mode callouts, and I am working on Weapon X Multiball music now.
I want to also find something a little more revved up for Sabretooth mode, and after listening to iceman mode music I agree that it is lame.
Beast is the toughest task at this point, but Ed209 is making that his focus now, and he has proven invaluable at hunting this stuff and finding is clean, useable files. I have a ton of animated stuff from you, Donnyman, and am starting to go through it to see if I can get clean Beast stuff there.
I found a cool clip from the movies for one of the intro callouts today. It is Pateick Stewart, but the Prof X in the game sounds close enough to him, and Stewart is so iconic, that I don't thing it will be a continuity issue.
I have had several requests to fit the old original animated series theme song in here somewhere. I need you guys to come to some consensus as to where you want that to play. The music files in this game are tough to replace, compared to ACDC and MET, because instead of replacing full songs and minutes of space, I am dealing with 20-35 second loops of music. Not easy to edit the end to flow back into the beginning. But I can do my best to make it as seamless as possible.
I have been assured that More Human Than Human is too tired and overplayed to be wanted in weapon x Multiball, so I will be moving on from that. Although I did make a good loop of it, dammit.

I have the original 90's cartoon music as the main music on mine right now. I can make and post a video of it tomorrow if you want.

#141 9 years ago

I have the original 90's cartoon music as the main music on mine right now. I can make and post a video of it tomorrow if you want.

You mean the song that plays during regular play, throughout the game?

Yeah, let people hear that and decide. That has been the most requested thing I have heard so far.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You mean the song that plays during regular play, throughout the game?
Yeah, let people hear that and decide. That has been the most requested thing I have heard so far.

Yes it plays during regular play. And it's awesome.

#143 9 years ago

Sent a file for submission for the wolverine mb.
How can I add it myself. When I try to swap it in browser it wont let me.

#144 9 years ago

Weapon X Multiball is Request 35. Are you using Pinball Browser to import the WAV into that slot?

#145 9 years ago

90's cartoon music for regular play music is an awesome idea!

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I like the the intro song to the 90's cartoon as well. what about as attraction sound that fades out after 8-10 seconds after pushing a flipper button or does it have to be a quick sound clip?

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

I like the the intro song to the 90's cartoon as well. what about as attraction sound that fades out after 8-10 seconds after pushing a flipper button or does it have to be a quick sound clip?

No, I think I could put it in there for the attract music.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Weapon X Multiball is Request 35. Are you using Pinball Browser to import the WAV into that slot?

Yes i am but i thnk it is asking for register code? Givets me error and says cant in this version.

Here is a link to a couple versions of the cartoon theme. Covers and originals in mp3.
I personally woul like the first one to replace ice man mode instead of the whole game music.
http://mp3skull.com/mp3/x_men_theme_song.html

#149 9 years ago

Sabertooth has to go your right. How about this to replace it. Voices of wolverine, sabertooth and Sick Puppies - You're Going Down. Just throwing out ideas out since both characters are in the DMD. Juggernuats intro has to go to, he sounds like a teenager.

Actually this fits in nicely for sabertooth the more I think about it

#150 9 years ago

So are you planning an all or nothing "update"? I welcome new Beast, Storm and possibly other character callouts, but have no use for new music.

I didn't know if you were planning on adding everything yourself or having the sound files available for people to use on their own?

It would be easy enough to re-import the original music back I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-make-xm-callouts-as-good-as-the-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.