image-1.jpg
image-538.jpg
image-843.jpg
image-140.jpg
image-467.jpg
image-473.jpg
image-883.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Title says most of it. This is the game I bought off eBay about 4 months ago. It is a project game. I'm assuming it will need all the typical system 80 work done. Biggest problem cosmetically red Mylar rings around pop bumpers and a few sunken inserts near top of playfield. I paid a bit over $400 for game then drove 16 hours round trip to get the game. I also purchased a full set of tested boards for it off of another pinsiders, this included mpu, driver board, 2 power supplies, 6 pop bumper boards, and a full set of displays.

I gave the game to a friend with an arcade. He popped the new boards in and that did not fix the game. However no fuses were changed or checked, no ground mods done, and no connectors repinned. The original mpu did have battery leakage as well so I'm guessing this factors in. The game still includes all original boards. It's has the spinning disc and motor but they are not installed so I assume the motor doesn't work. I am out of space having two games out in foster homes right now and no idea if or when I or my friend could ever get to this project game and I could use the extra cash for the holidays. It's currently located in Joliet, IL but I could bring it back to Lafayette, IN if that would help anyone out. I don't have a ton of pictures on my phone but will post what I have currently available.

In general the playfield was in decent shape, cabinet and back glass nice as well as coin door. The lower playfield was really nice as the previous owner had that area rubber handed off and they didn't even know the ball could get down thre they just thought that area was decoration. Any questions feel free to text me 574-596-2668 or contact me on here. I work 5pm - 4 am tonight so I'm pretty much always available. Thanks. -Tommy

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-884.jpgimage-884.jpg
image-500.jpgimage-500.jpg
image-275.jpgimage-275.jpg
image-767.jpgimage-767.jpg
image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg
image-575.jpgimage-575.jpg
image-883.jpgimage-883.jpg
image-473.jpgimage-473.jpg
image-467.jpgimage-467.jpg
image-140.jpgimage-140.jpg
image-843.jpgimage-843.jpg
image-538.jpgimage-538.jpg
image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I wish I could.

#3 9 years ago

I'd be talking with you right now Tommy if you were in my area. This seems like a good candidate for a restoration project. The hardest part will be to find the spinning disc (but I have a spare ).

Steve

#4 9 years ago

I have the spinning disc actually and the motor just not installed. Thanks Steve.

#5 9 years ago

Awesome seller! I wish I had some cash handy to try and work something out in this one. I'm sure this won't take long to sell.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Awesome seller! I wish I had some cash handy to try and work something out in this one. I'm sure this won't take long to sell.

You are still on a System 80 ban my friend!

Same here though Tommy, I wish I could take it off of your hands.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Unfortunately no takers yet, feel free to make offers guys.

#8 9 years ago

Wish I were closer too. Glws

#9 9 years ago

So hard to keep this to the top with TWD Premium and TBL scandal but here is my Sunday bump. Tomorrow heads to craigslist.

#10 9 years ago

Wish I could find one in this price range in my area!

#13 9 years ago

Man, a complete Black Hole, just needing some work? This sounds right up my alley. If only I had the room.....

Bump for a good seller and a good guy. Somebody pick this up, so it doesn't tempt me anymore.

#14 9 years ago

If it's still around by tax time I will take it for sure.

#15 9 years ago

Sorry won't make it that far. A few offers are in do this thing will be moving soon.

#16 9 years ago

How is this not gone yet? $700 and all the parts are there... Yikes, it might even be worth shipping.

#17 9 years ago

Tommy, do you have the vent cover for the back of the head? (8th pic down) If not, I just dug out a parts donor that has the vent cover.

Steve

#18 9 years ago

Yeah a bit surprised myself haven't gone to craigslist yet and probably won't I just feel this game should be saved but needs someone experienced. Holidays got everyone broke I think.

#19 9 years ago

Steve I don't have that part actually.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

How is this not gone yet? $700 and all the parts are there... Yikes, it might even be worth shipping.

Don't tempt me. I just put up 99 (more like 114, but it's only a 2 digit display) runs and 38.5M on my silver slugger, so it might be time to swap it out...

#21 9 years ago

Just looked at it and it may not work. It's not a wide body head so it's not as long as what you need, sorry.

Steve

#22 9 years ago

Hey no problem Steve thanks for the thought.

#23 9 years ago

I have no problem shipping for anyone who wants it, like I said just rather see it saved.

#24 9 years ago

A few of my wife's employees make regular trips to IN. I'll find out when the next one is and if still available, I'll tag along. They hate flying.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I have no problem shipping for anyone who wants it, like I said just rather see it saved.

By shipping, do you mean personally delivering?

#26 9 years ago

Delivery is going to cost about 500.00. Ed

#27 9 years ago

Looking like this beauty may have found a home!

#28 9 years ago

Awesome. I hope it goes to someone who will love it, and squeeze it, and call it "George" and post pictures.of the restoration.

#29 9 years ago

If it doesn't I'll let you know

#30 9 years ago

nice price for all that

#32 9 years ago

Congrats, a true 'wish you were closer' for me.

#33 9 years ago

"No one escapes the Black Hole"

#34 9 years ago

Glad to hear it.

3 weeks later
#35 9 years ago

Atlantis is still here. Finally got some more pictures taken today as I mentioned it's at friends .2 miles from my house so took me awhile to get over there.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A5GRMtznG9Zidh

#36 9 years ago

Warning ! Tommy is a Top 10 pinsider seller ! Do not hesitate to deal with him ,super nice guy.

#37 9 years ago

It has begun ..

image.jpgimage.jpg image-905.jpgimage-905.jpg image-319.jpgimage-319.jpg image-345.jpgimage-345.jpg
#38 9 years ago

Looks great glad you are digging in.

1 week later
#39 9 years ago

Finally got the game up and running !! Just waiting for a couple coils to come from Marco. Spent the evening cleaning the lower playfield ..

image-555.jpgimage-555.jpg image-674.jpgimage-674.jpg image-117.jpgimage-117.jpg
#40 9 years ago

Such a gem of a game. Glad this one found some TLC!

#41 9 years ago

So effing cool. You got an awesome game at a great price.

#42 9 years ago

That's awesome Mike. I'm glad it's living.

#43 9 years ago

Getting closer ...

image-402.jpgimage-402.jpg image-279.jpgimage-279.jpg
#45 9 years ago

I'm super jealous.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-black-hole-for-sale-700-indiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.