(Topic ID: 197978)

Profit vs Non Profit Business Questions...

By Azmodeus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Azmodeus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I wanted to ask the group a Question.

I am thinking of opening a non profit as I get better.

This non profits main function will be to get good used handicapped equipment and give it to people who need it. Free. That is pretty much it.

I can do this I can make this happen as I get better.

I am the fuel and the fire. But once I get it started, it could run on without me.

I want to be profit and non profit. I need to do both. I think maybe we all should.

Anyways I plan on making money too. Lots of it. Helping others.

I want to use the company as a base to help myself and others, and make money.

So it seems like non profit is not the way to go or is it?

#2 6 years ago

Also I am temporarily disabled. I will likely stay disabled even though I am getting better.

Being disabled is now a new normal for me.

Also, my Brain surgeon said there is a need for this. I didn't want to try to fix a hole that is not broke. He said if I can provide this equipment free there are many in my area who need it.

#7 6 years ago

My initial concept was to take old stuff like walkers, refurbish them and then give them away to the people who can't afford them. Of which that need exists.

There is a section of the needy that cannot get like say a walker. When they need it.

Eventually I would hope to get actual manufacturers to simply send new ones where I need them to go. That would be step two perhaps.

Also my fund raising skills quite good but I don't want that to be the focus. I would like to be given money, but I don't want receiving money to be the purpose.

On top of all that I want to be successful too. I believe I can do both. There is probably a third purpose I have not discovered yet.

Once I can drive again I can start doing this from my home or wherever I am.

I don't want to have to give away everything I make. For instance. I want to invest in other companies. Too. I think I'm on the right track.

#8 6 years ago

Also if I created this properly so it could be duplicated in other city's that would be good.

I don't need to be the one to run it all, just get it started.

My dreams.

#11 6 years ago

Making me think now thank you. What if the company sold walkers then a matching walker that is bought was donated. Like tom shoes?

Hm. Then you could charge enough to cover costs for the product.but donate a full matching as well. I guess I should look at toms shoes model and see what they are achieving.

But also I don't want to fix things that are already working. I tried for months to get a specialized walker through my insurance and failed. It was an expensive walker 560 ish. It's not the kind everyone needs. But still my difficulties sort of spawned the idea to help others now.

I ended up just buying the walker.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/profit-vs-non-profit-business-questions?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.