Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Not sure why pinball manufactures get so many passes... I've said it a bazillion times about the other guy, but same is true here. In 2015 it takes roughly ...what..? 20secs to update people on what's happening.
    "Moving to a new factory" is totally irrelevant. Use your phone, post a pic/tweet/whatever. I'm sure that every single Stern (in this case) staffer isn't too busy carrying factory equipment to send out a msg.
    And no, I am not in on Kiss. This is more of an overall sentiment on pinball in 2015.

Stern is a house of cards that throws 100 things at the wall and sees what sticks. Costco IM and BDK and then they're gone. Kiddie version TF and AV and then they're not gone. Premiums, no premiums and then premiums again. Vault editions with the impression that there would be many, but only one so far. Accessories and Stern authorized mods- they were available for TWD and then gone and then looks like they will be back for Kiss. But don't count on anything with them.

It doesn't seem like there is too much consistency or stick-to-it-ness over there on new offerings. Do they even do basic market research? I don't know the answer, but everything at leat appears to be pretty haphazard except for the actual building of the machines.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

yeah, those idiots!
    Very boring: they build machines, then they announce machines, then they ship machines.
    I wish they would take a hint from the OTHER pinball companies that have a better handle on the market...

Then we agree. The one great thing that they do is the most important part, build pinball machines. Which part of my post did you actually disagree with?

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Lol.... Well, let's start with the first 6 words.... Hard to take anything else serious you say after that opening....

Either you were joking, or you aren't really sure what that idiom means.
    Stern is a lot of things, but to call their business "insubstantial and subject to imminent collapse" is just ignorant.
    The statement on its own is foolish, but made even more so when you look at their place within the industry and the other players in the industry.
    If Stern can be accused of anything, it's playing thing is too safe and moving too deliberately to innovate...

House of cards in this circumstance deals with my belief that while Stern has a lot of gloss, there does seem to be quite a bit of chaos when it comes to their new innovations or attempts to branch out. And no, I don't think that they are too many mistakes away from being in trouble again. Aside from that, you can condescend to somebody else.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/production-updates-from-stern?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.