479845_566656130061246_1653733755_n.jpg
image.jpg
popcorn.jpg
sarcasm_motivational_poster_by_colette.jpg
Popcorn-03-Scarlett-Johanssen.gif
image.jpg
I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg
image.jpg
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Over on RGP some folk are saying JJP stopped production. Here's a quick shot of what's going on today there:

https://vimeo.com/71281442

#2 10 years ago

Looks great !!

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Shit flying out the door !! Whoopeee .

Either you haven't seen/played one of these in person or you're just trolling.

#4 10 years ago

Nice vid. Looks like progress is being made. Rome wasn't built in day.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Either you haven't seen/played one of these in person or you're just trolling.

I have seen, played and fixed my first response , I got a little carried away with excitement .. I think Jack has a very nice factory . Can't wait for mine !

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Over on RGP some folk are saying JJP stopped production. Here's a quick shot of what's going on today there:
» Vimeo video

Thanks for the Video Gary

#7 10 years ago

No disrespect intended, but what am I missing here? I've seen more people working at the public library at a faster pace than what I see at that factory.

#8 10 years ago

You're missing the fact that work quite obviously hasn't halted

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from j69:

You're missing the fact that work quite obviously hasn't halted

OK just at a different pace than at Stern I guess.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

No disrespect intended, but what am I missing here? I've seen more people working at the public library at a faster pace than what I see at that factory.

I definitely agree it's a quiet factory, but on the other hand I prefer that approach at this point since it lets Jack keep a handle on QC. I think if I saw 500 minimum wage workers with soldering irons flying I would be more concerned.

#11 10 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for posting the video. Looks like a nice place to work too.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

» Vimeo video

What's the point of dispelling a RPG rumor on pinside? All you're going to do is start a line of discussion that doesn't even exist here.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

OK just at a different pace than at Stern I guess.

They are taking their time to make sure all machines are delivered in top working order.

#14 10 years ago

Production hasn't been halted it has been haulted and that is a horse of a different color.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

What's the point of dispelling a RPG rumor on pinside? All you're going to do is start a line of discussion that doesn't even exist here.

Eeeeeggsactly

#16 10 years ago

Thanks Gary!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

» Vimeo video

Looks like about another 15 games packed up for shipping since Thursday when I was there.

#18 10 years ago

Looks like a cool place to work! But to be honest it does *seem* quiet to me, for such a big warehouse space. I think I saw some photos earlier with a lot more people at work? Or was this taken after hours?

Alex, do you have any numbers on how many games shipped of the 1000 LE's?

Edit: I would also LOVE to know when WOZECLE #733 leaves the factory

#19 10 years ago

I am sorry but JJP manufacturing seems ridiculously slow. I have money in on WOZECLE and THLE. They really need to crank it up. I am just not feeling like throwing down my cash so far in advance anymore. I am sure I will love the pins, but I just sort of shake my head at how long I have to wait.

#20 10 years ago

Slow is better than stopped

Still at that pace it's gonna take F O R E V E R

#21 10 years ago

Hey let's all remember the journey is part of the fun................................

#22 10 years ago

Woo-hoo?

#23 10 years ago

Robin, do us all a favor and just lock this now.

#24 10 years ago

Games are coming off the line. No matter the pace, JJP accomplished something great.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Games are coming off the line. No matter the pace, JJP accomplished something great.

Exactly. It's only going to get better from here. JJP is only 1 of two pinball companies in the world with a pinball factory that is staffed full time. Very impressive.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Robin, do us all a favor and just lock this now.

The JJP controlled WOZ forum is the perfect place for you.

This is an open forum, we don't have to agree we just have to be cool

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are taking their time to make sure all machines are delivered in top working order.

At that rate they wont get another out the door this year. I am glad I dont have any money on one.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The JJP controlled WOZ forum is the perfect place for you.
This is an open forum, we don't have to agree we just have to be cool

And if the proverbial "we" could be cool, it would be fine here... But I'm really not sure "we" will be. Do you think "we" can be cool PW? Do "we" think useful discourse will come out of this thread? "We" may want to decide that these threads actually are religious wars, because every one of them ends up sounding like they are. And you, me, and even Robin know that is against Pinside rules.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Looks like a cool place to work! But to be honest it does *seem* quiet to me, for such a big warehouse space. I think I saw some photos earlier with a lot more people at work? Or was this taken after hours?

Probably 180-200 LE's out the door already? That's not my area. What I can say was I was there Thursday and there were 60 people working full time and it was hopping. That was a very small part of the facility in the video. Only showed playfield assembly and testing. There are cages that have mech assembly, electronics assembly, cabinet, etc...

Maybe just a Monday?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Hey let's all remember the journey is part of the fun................................

Was this sarcasm necessary?

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Production hasn't been halted it has been haulted and that is a horse of a different color.
» YouTube video

Haha, good find. I think it would be pretty cool if the "Merry Old Land of Oz" song played while entering your initials or something. The LOTR high score music is fantastic and "Merry Old Land of Oz" could be the equivalent for WOZ. This could add to the charm factor for WOZ which I personally believe is a huge draw for this game as well as others such as LOTR.

#32 10 years ago

Hey Robin,

Can I have one of these threads?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/predator-updates

It would be extremely helpful and allow me to not have to wade knee deep to provide updates.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

» Vimeo video

I can't believe that you took that post serious enough to the point of having to cross post it here by starting a whole new thread on a forum where the stupid statement didn't originate.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He has WOZ on order.

He's just getting impatient. Just like lots of others.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And if the proverbial "we" could be cool, it would be fine here... But I'm really not sure "we" will be. Do you think "we" can be cool PW? Do "we" think useful discourse will come out of this thread? "We" may want to decide that these threads actually are religious wars, because every one of them ends up sounding like they are. And you, me, and even Robin know that is against Pinside rules.

I thought "you" put "we" on the ignore list?

Yea, lets lock the thread started by someone excited by woz where the reactions by the "haters" which include owners are exactly the same as the owner of this forum - it looks quiet.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Probably not Alex, but is he not entitled to it as an owner? In fact, the waiting for this game in particular wore out TWO people, since I sold my spot to him.

#37 10 years ago

Great video, poor title. Don't feed the trolls, its asking for trouble. I prefer to see meticulous assembly of my machine than a whole bunch of non-caring people churning out as many machines as possible.
I have a new Stern and 3 second hand ones, and have had not trouble with any of them, so their are no hidden digs there either.
Been to the factory myself, and it is spacious, well organised, and a great work environment. The quality of the machine is reflected in this. No good having a great design team if the assembly team let down the whole chain.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Probably not Alex, but is he not entitled to it as an owner? In fact, the waiting for this game in particular wore out TWO people, since I sold my spot to him.

I guess I just never understood the need to publicly display a level of frustration with pointed remarks about a product. They accomplish nothing and usually just create alienation. Everyone is frustrated and they have every right to be but commentary and the rolling eyes, banging head, etc.. Just isn't necessary to me.

#39 10 years ago

Great video, poor title. Don't feed the trolls, its asking for trouble. I prefer to see meticulous assembly of my machine than a whole bunch of non-caring people churning out as many machines as possible.
I have a new Stern and 3 second hand ones, and have had not trouble with any of them, so their are no hidden digs there either.
Been to the factory myself, and it is spacious, well organised, and a great work environment. The quality of the machine is reflected in this. No good having a great design team if the assembly team let down the whole chain.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Jack said two days ago they shipped 212 games total since April 29 and they are planning to ship 200 in August, 182 LE and 18 standard.

They also hired an production expert that ran production at several pinball factories and Jack is saying "another pinball maker" made two offers to him to try and slow down JJP production.

***from mod - to clarify, the offers were to hire the guy, not slow Jack down***

Post edited by absocountry2 : added bit about offer of employment, not to slow JJP down

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I guess I just never understood the need to publicly display a level of frustration with pointed remarks about a product. They accomplish nothing and usually just create alienation.

If that didn't occur here, there would be an 80% reduction in posts.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Thank god you started this thread. I read that thread over on RGP and was convinced Jack had left the country with all our money. I was about to call the FBI when I stumbled on this thread.

Whew! That was close. Thanks again. This thread likely averted an ugly international incident, at a minimum.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I guess I just never understood the need to publicly display a level of frustration with pointed remarks about a product. They accomplish nothing and usually just create alienation. Everyone is frustrated and they have every right to be but commentary and the rolling eyes, banging head, etc.. Just isn't necessary to me.

I think the goal of venting frustration is to initiate change, and/or show potential owners how you feel so they can think twice before jumping in the same boat (thus initiating change). I know many vented/still vent as Stern released games that were incomplete or promised to deliver code and did not. In the case of JJP, its a chunk of change that people laid out for years and many dont have a game to show for it yet.

Jack was right, until he ships the games out people will complain. Thats not the owner's fault, thats ultimately Jacks. He created this monster, he can kill it by producing the game to weary owners.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I thought "you" put "we" on the ignore list?
Yea, lets lock the thread started by someone excited by woz where the reactions by the "haters" which include owners are exactly the same as the owner of this forum - it looks quiet.

I did. And every once in a while I clear out my ignore list and let people I have ignored in the past have another try. Sometimes the people I had ignored in the past actually have learned to have conversations instead of what I consider trolling. Unfortunately more than likely "they" end up being ignored again. It is unfortunate that the threads that interest me end up looking like Swiss cheese very quickly with just a few people ignored.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If that didn't occur here, there would be an 80% reduction in posts.

And pinside would be a much friendlier more cohesive and informational place.

Except most people don't like the sarcasm. At all. But for a select bunch it's their only method of communication so you can see how things get off track quickly. Most people don't take kindly to sarcasm. You wouldn't be that way in public, why be it here?

#46 10 years ago

New rule: Due to abuse, only discussion of OZ gameplay will be allowed on Pinside going forward. All other worthless OZ posts will be immediately deleted and posters will receive an automatic ban vote.

Starting.... NOW!!!!

#47 10 years ago

Seriously... some of you guys really do belong on the JJP controlled WOZ forum

Why do you even post here?

The JJP forums are a "much friendlier more cohesive informational place" I'd bet

If only folks with a preorder & a comment that fits your belief are allowed to speak then just GO!

DaveH, yeah "we" are cool

OP Gary I don't see anything wrong with your video/post, do what you do brother. I will see you in a few months before & after my cousins housewarming party.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

New rule: Due to abuse, only discussion of OZ gameplay will be allowed on Pinside going forward. All other worthless OZ posts will be immediately deleted and posters will receive an automatic ban vote.
Starting.... NOW!!!!

Case in point.. Unnecessary and useless.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And pinside would be a much friendlier more cohesive and informational place.
Except most people don't like the sarcasm. At all. But for a select bunch it's their only method of communication so you can see how things get off track quickly. Most people don't take kindly to sarcasm. You wouldn't be that way in public, why be it here?

So what's your solution, Alex?

Drop the ban hammer on anyone who dare write anything contrary to the sunshine you and other JJP employees and sycophants post?

....cause like PW said, it already exists over at the JJP controlled site.

#50 10 years ago

Well now I see the problem. They can't get them out the door until play tested and there are no cardboard squares on the ground for the play testers.

Se what I did there ; )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 5.00
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 16.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/production-halted-i-dont-think-so and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.