5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Kevin_LHeureux
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IJ2.jpg
    IJ1.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    plastic-sofa-cover.png
    IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Amusement Innovations is proud to announce the release of Head Bangers, the Ultimate Head Protection.

Just remove the 4 corner bolts on the head cabinet, install the HeadBanger panels and reinstall the bolts. In 5 minutes you have permanent protection for your artwork. Weather you want to protect your pristine cabinet artwork or stop further damage from occurring, HeadBangers are the only protection available. HeadBangers are perfect for protecting your game at shows where other people may not care as much about your game as you do.

Headbangers_2.pdf

We will have these available delivery at the Pin-A-Go-Go Pinball Show on May 16-18-2014.
    Show pre-orders will be available at an introductory price of $45 (10.00 off) for show pick up.
    Orders must be received by Monday 5-12 12:00pm Pacific Time.
    To pre-order please send payment via paypal to: keithelliott@amusementinnovations.com

Thank You,
    Amusement Innovations
    Keith and Kevin

#2 5 years ago

Hi guys and girls,

Here are some more product photos as well as an installation guide and images.

Thank you for looking.

Kevin and Keith

Here is an image with the protective paper applied in order to show the product more clearly.
    IMG_0129.jpg

Without protective paper installed
    IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Installation guide:

Remove 4 head bolts
    IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Remove protective paper from HeadBanger and apply to cabinet head. Be sure to handle by the edges in order to avoid finger prints on the inside surface of the panel.
    IMG_0167.jpg

Re-insert 4 head bolts
    IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg

Tighten nuts to secure.
    IMG_0182.jpg

And that's it! Time to stand back and admire your new HeadBangers.
    IMG_0163.jpg

#3 5 years ago

Just ordered 3 Sets, buy from Keith and Kevin with confidence, High quality and at a great price. Thanks for doing these my Restored CV and TZ will stay pristine for a long time to come.

Joe(acejedi)

#4 5 years ago

Great Idea! These would be excellent at the shows where i see people playing and banging the heads together all the time. Good job guys!!

#5 5 years ago

Yep, awesome. Look forward to buying some of these at some point.

#7 5 years ago

Neat.

Something that I've always thought would be a neat protector was a right angle strip to go on the front bottom of the cabinet. Something to keep that edge from getting banged up.

#8 5 years ago

I too like the name and clever idea.

I wonder if grandma was right after all these years. They put plastic over their couches and chairs to preserve them and we all laughed. Now, look at us.

#9 5 years ago

This is a great idea, I can't believe no one has thought of this before.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I wonder if grandma was right after all these years. They put plastic over their couches and chairs to preserve them and we all laughed. Now, look at us.

It won't be long until you have the TV remote protected in a clear plastic bag too

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

This is a great idea, I can't believe no one has thought of this before.

They have - it is called blanket wrap when you move a pin.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It won't be long until you have the TV remote protected in a clear plastic bag too

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

» YouTube video

You laugh, but I've seen it in old customer's houses and they are protecting the Comcast remote....lol

#14 5 years ago

more

plastic-sofa-cover.png
    #15 5 years ago

We have had several inquiries regarding HeadBangers for Stern Pinball games and we have been working to get these done as well. We had plans to release these after we return from the Pin-a-go-go show this weekend but we wanted to let everyone know that we will have a limited number of Stern HB's with us at the show.

If you would like a set which includes free delivery to the PAGG show this weekend please let us know with an order in advance so that we can guarantee that we have a set for you.

We have included a few pictures installed on a Stern below. Please note that these will fit Stern backboxes with the 2 light brackets bolts in the head. We will have a version for the metal backbox style game (Star Trek, Mustang) coming soon as well. Installation is very similar to the Williams/Bally games.

P.S. We have WPC swing-out door style Headbangers for Fish Tales, TOM, etc. as listed though we did not highlight them on the info sheet above. So if you need a set for the Earlier WPC games we've got you covered.

We will have these available delivery at the Pin-A-Go-Go Pinball Show on May 16-18-2014.
    Show pre-orders will be available at an introductory price of $45 (10.00 off) for show pick up.
    Orders must be received by Monday 5-12 12:00pm Pacific Time.
    To pre-order please send payment via paypal to: keithelliott@amusementinnovations.com

Thank you for all of your interest and input.

Kevin and Keith

IMG_0195.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg

#16 5 years ago

These would be better if they wrapped around both sides to actually cover the front and back edges by about an inch.. Just my opinion.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

These would be better if they wrapped around both sides to actually cover the front and back edges by about an inch.. Just my opinion.

Yes, if they had bent edges, that would be the bomb.

#18 5 years ago

Monday morning bump for pre orders ending today for those who may have missed it.

We are offering free installation of HeadBangers purchased for games at the PAGG show this weekend.

See you at the show!

Kevin and Keith

#19 5 years ago

I used to get pins out of containers from Argentina with these on them... they were revolutionary! Did the main cabs, too!

Kudos for not drilling a series of holes around the outside of the cabinet though!

IJ1.jpgIJ2.jpg

While this cabinet is pretty beat and faded, I saw a couple of the nicest MMs I'd ever seen with them on them.

#20 5 years ago

#21 5 years ago

Lower cabinet protectors have been considered as well though we are not sure how practical they would be when it comes to shipping.

#22 5 years ago

Hey Pinside. If you're at PAGG you can see Headbangers at Rob Anthony's booth.

Big thanks to Rob!

#23 5 years ago

Great idea. In testing your product, did the protector ever adhere to the decals? With old incandescent bulbs, I could see heat building up between the protector and the sides of the back box that could lead to this.

#24 5 years ago

Gotta be careful with stuff like this, when you sandwich plastic against artwork and it's not sealed or buffered in some way dirt will get in and the plastic will shift turning the thing meant to protect into a clear sheet of sandpaper potentially damaging what's underneath.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Lower cabinet protectors have been considered as well though we are not sure how practical they would be when it comes to shipping.

I mean for the front of the cabinet mainly. I've knicked a few when pushing something under them from the front. I've found a bunch of corner protectors at Lowe's, but they are too wide on the sides, and cover up art on the front of the cab.

It needs to be "L" shaped, where the long part of the L goes under the cab, and theres only like a 1/4" part going vertical up the front. I could probably just take one of the corner protectors and run one side through the saw to shorten a side, but I'll never get around to it.

#26 5 years ago

Thanks for the questions guys. Heat is not an issue with these protectors. The melting point for acrylic is approx.320 degrees so unless you have thousands of lights in the head of your game you do not have to worry. You also will not have a issue of the protectors turning into sandpaper. Since the protectors attach with the exsiting hardware and do not move indepentldently of the head they will not have room to slide around and hurt the artwork.

Thank you
    Kevin

#27 5 years ago

Actually, I tried this probably 5 years ago and abandoned it because I noticed early on that the vibration of the machine was starting to cause any piece of sand or dirt that managed to get in there to start to mar the art. The plastic doesn't need to 'move' so much, the bolts don't stop the sheet of plastic from vibrating just like blowing on a reed in an instrument.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from gamestencils:

Actually, I tried this probably 5 years ago and abandoned it because I noticed early on that the vibration of the machine was starting to cause any piece of sand or dirt that managed to get in there to start to mar the art. The plastic doesn't need to 'move' so much, the bolts don't stop the sheet of plastic from vibrating just like blowing on a reed in an instrument.

We recommend that you clean your cabinet art with a product such as Novus1 and remove any "sand, rocks, or other debris" that you may have stuck to the side of your cabinet before installing and you will not have any issues. I am not quite sure how sand would make it's way in as the biggest threat here is in a buildup of dust on the games exterior.

There is a much larger amount of dirt on the playfield and inside the machine than the exterior gets exposed to and we have not seen this as a major problem with plastic protectors which come in contact with the screened, art side of playfield plastics. That being said, this has not been an issue.

Thanks for your concern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside