Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

I just bought a new Godzilla Premium and right off the bat the upper flipper does not work all the time. The problem comes and goes. Yesterday it seemed to be working fine and today its hit and miss. Bottom flippers work perfect. Is this just an adjustment or something easy, or do I need to get it looked at under warranty. Also, the bump bar action button lights up but nothing else. It will not launch the ball. Unless there is something different about Godzilla, most other modern sterns launch the ball. At least the ones I have. Again, simple or should I call Stern or who to do warranty repairs. I've never had a new machine that didn't fully work, so not sure of the procedures as far as getting it fixed.

#2 11 months ago

1. Register your game
2. Call your distributor

#3 11 months ago

Open it up check for loose connections

#4 11 months ago

Sounds like a loose connection (hopefully) versus a wider problem. Check the wired connections to the upper left flipper and connections to node board 8. Maybe the upper left flipper leaf switch needs to be adjusted if its not a connection problem. In the manual below node board 8 is handling the lower flipper and upper flipper EOS. Page 14.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Godzilla_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

should I call Stern

No, unless you bought the game directly from Stern.
You should contact the Distributor you bought the game from.

#6 11 months ago

Sterns tech support isn’t a bad idea, they are helpful 1-800-kickers

#7 11 months ago

Very common for the lockdown bar action button switch to be misadjusted right out of the box. Near the end of the assembly line, they test switches with the glass & lockdown bar off. No surprise, the switch works fine by hand.

Usually you just need to bend the bottom leaf of that switch up a bit. If you've ever adjusted a leaf switch, should be no problem.

#8 11 months ago

you have 11 games and can't diagnose a flipper issue? Time to start digging in, your luck will run out eventually. easy fix and a good place to start.

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

I just bought a new Godzilla Premium and right off the bat the upper flipper does not work all the time. The problem comes and goes. Yesterday it seemed to be working fine and today its hit and miss. Bottom flippers work perfect. Is this just an adjustment or something easy, or do I need to get it looked at under warranty. Also, the bump bar action button lights up but nothing else. It will not launch the ball. Unless there is something different about Godzilla, most other modern sterns launch the ball. At least the ones I have. Again, simple or should I call Stern or who to do warranty repairs. I've never had a new machine that didn't fully work, so not sure of the procedures as far as getting it fixed.

Most likely a leaf switch adjustment that controls upper flipper. This will be on your lower flipper most likely. I don't own a stern but assume their flipper mechs/swtiches haven't changed too much.
Start at the 3 minute mark of this video link below. Also take a dollar bill and clean the little round contacts between the leafs. Literally pinch the dollar in between the contacts and pull it through.

As far as the launch button on top. Assuming that's how it supposed to work, take the lockdown bar off, start a game and manually trigger the switch and see if it operates like you want. If it does, adjust as described in above comment. Move the switch closer to the button or adjust the action button bottom to go further down. Maybe there's a screw you can turn out or something.

r/
Mike

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you have 11 games and can't diagnose a flipper issue? Time to start digging in, your luck will run out eventually. easy fix and a good place to start.

The guy asks one question about a flipper problem and gets ripped because he owns 11 machines. How do you know he didn't go thru the issues and still can't figure it out?

It's a shame someone can't ask for help on a pinball forum without being talked to like an idiot. I've seen guys post pictures of screws found at the bottom of the cabinet and they still get helpful advice on where it could have possibly come from.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

The guy asks one question about a flipper problem and gets ripped because he owns 11 machines. How do you know he didn't go thru the issues and still can't figure it out?
It's a shame someone can't ask for help on a pinball forum without being talked to like an idiot. I've seen guys post pictures of screws found at the bottom of the cabinet and they still get helpful advice on where it could have possibly come from.

Agreed, thought the same thing. I thought this forum was for things such as this. Yet there's always that guy that just likes to criticize and thinks they're more superior.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from ScubaScott:

Agreed, thought the same thing. I thought this forum was for things such as this. Yet there's always that guy that just likes to criticize and thinks they're more superior.

He's far more superior, obviously. He has 37 games.

#13 11 months ago

I would at least look under the pf and investigate a bit before calling Stern. Check the left flipper button switches. The upper flipper is staged where it will not trigger until after the left flipper triggers. Maybe that switch needs adjusting. Same thing for the lockdown button. Check to see if the switch needs adjusting. Take lock bar off and press switch with finger. At some point the switch should engage but if not, check wiring that goes to board close to coin box. On my game, the lock bar button worked but did not light up. Turned out to be a wire that was not fully clicked in connector.

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from ScubaScott:

wasn't trying to be negative, just trying to encourage the guy to hop in with both feet and try to diagnose it himself. isn't that how we all learned? can't be afraid to try.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check the left flipper button switches. The upper flipper is staged where it will not trigger until after the left flipper triggers.

I think your switch might be wired backwards. You should be able to keep a ball trapped in the lower flipper while using the upper flipper.

#16 11 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think your switch might be wired backwards. You should be able to keep a ball trapped in the lower flipper while using the upper flipper.

That's what I meant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Austin, MN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-new-godzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.