Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I recently did a complete led conversion on my Addams Family. Machine was working perfectly prior to this, but I obviously jiggled some wires loose.

After install was complete, thing started acting odd. Test showed THING up AND down opto's needed to be checked.

Under the playfield I discovered 2 unattached wires at bottom of thing mechanism. I soldered both back on and now thing will come out of his box, but will not return back. Tests NOW show just down opto needs to be checked.

Question is: Does/will this require disassembling the thing box under the playfield?

#2 10 years ago

The opto's are on a board on the bottom of the mech. I had issues with mine and I think you can get to them without taking it apart but it is a real pain. I just lifted the playfield and then found the board at the bottom of the thing mech and then cleaned them. I wound up replacing the board and didn't have to take anything off except the board but it is a reach.

#3 10 years ago

After thinking about it I may have had to take the box off to get to it but I can't remember.

#4 10 years ago

Mine was the same way....you need to adjust the board. The plastic moves in slots with the optos, so you need to make sure its aligned correctly. If it has turned a bit, then it will not quite make it through one of the slots to trigger the opto. Taking apart thing is really not that bad.....just watch your head when you stand up

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from cumulonimbus:

Problems with my THING

Hope it's nothing a shot can't cure.

Sorry...couldn't resist. Good luck with your machine.

#6 10 years ago

See a doctor and get rid of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-my-thing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.