Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_5216.JPG
    100_5215.JPG
    100_5214.JPG
    tumblr_m0j1ip38j91r3a3bc.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wbradley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 12 years ago

I can't believe that no law enforcement agencies have contacted Mike at this point.

#104 12 years ago

When you take someone's money, no shipment is received for months and you never ever answer any of the purchaser's calls or emails that is called stealing. The seller making no effort to remedy this or give any explanation to concerned people in the pinball community only reinforces that the seller is at fault IMHO. I know of one Camadian who went through the exact same deal and eventually received goods after contacting the authorities, several months later.

So, if Mike received payment from these people that receive nothing, it is reasonable to say this is more than international shipping issues, customer service issues or annoying phone call or email issues. This guy will probably only reply to authority. Somebody here needs to contact those powers (alleged victims).

And to those that keep posting testimonials about how Mike took care of them, those comments don't erase such serious allegations.

#110 12 years ago

I dunno, it looks like Mike doesn't care what people think.

I have bought from him in the past, but unless I hear a reasonable explanation of all these accusations, I will buy elsewhere. Don't kid yourself, there's nothing he carries that can't be sourced elsewhere.

It looks he tries to screw over international customers and keep their money if he can get away with it. Doing cross border transactions it's more likely one can get away with it for a while at least. Can't beat the margins on those deals.

I wish it didnt look that way, but it does.

#115 12 years ago

Good work Robert!

#130 12 years ago

The spambot getting into Mike's Yahoo mail account alibi sounded very plausable. However afte reading all this it looks like a story that was though out as an only reasonable explanation.

Based on Mike's actions, I don't buy it.

If Terry at PBL had this type of thing happen, or the guys at Bay area, or Ed at Great Plains, etc, etc...There is NO WAY things would get to this point.

I have no doubt the authorities in this case could easily compile evidence to indict. In truth, that will likely never happen but by having this all on record an MO can be shown. This will either prevent future occurences or result in charges pressed going forward.

I commend you guys helping out the alleged victims.

#147 12 years ago

RGP has a ton of good people too. The difference there is there is no moderator or tilt ratings. Also, it is the hangout of the "old guard", many whom will try and not show condemnation for Mike out of fear he has an unobtainium grapple grommet they need for their coveted collections. Plus, on RGP they have some real "gems" who I will refrain from naming.
    I read a long time ago that Lyman Sheats quit RGP years ago when the proliferation of internet allowed a far greater percentage of dorks to access newsgroups. it's not like the days when Cameron Silver's presence actually got him invited to apply at WMS (historical tidbit).

3 weeks later
    #166 11 years ago

I was going to link this to RGP again but certain A-holes there will just go on about how MAD has given them exemplary service and therefore who cares how he has treated others. Real good 'ol boys they are.

Good to see things worked out for Lugosi thanks to some very helpful Pinsiders.

#174 11 years ago

Sorry if my statement rubs some people the wrong way but certain individuals on RGP kept doubting the credibility of those who had issues with MAD and it almost seemed like the attitude was as long as they got their stuff who the heck cares, or even better lets just drown out these claims so they can be ignored by the community. Personally, I was hoping the overall consensus would be that Mike should come clean or at least give his customers reading all this a logical explanation. The forum was hopefully the place to urge Mike to aknowledge this stuff one way or the other. As it turns out he claims to not bother with it unlike most all the other vendors.

Most people on RGP I have dealt with were good fellow hobbiests like myself but there are a few bad apples and petty bickerers. I will refrain from naming them. I do visit RGP but much less since joining Pinside. Lyman once summed up why he no longer frequents RGP anymore and I'd have to say I fully understand what he meant. It must have been awesome in the mid 90's

#180 11 years ago

Lets hope Mike will deliver the goods. With shipping, customs etc it's probably reasonable to expect up to 3 weeks for international.

Even in Canada if the goods arrive in a week or less it usually gets held up a few more days in customs while they decide how much they want to rip us off on top (~$8 inspection fee plus 13% of the value of goods INCLUDING the shipping fee).

I have bought from MAD in the past without issue but still felt that it was the right thing to do standing up for the people that had issues with them. For the record in no way did I ever want to slander their business or get people to boycott them. Now, I am a bit afraid to buy from Mike as he might recognize my handle here (goes with my email address) so he would ship me some itching powder with my supplies.

AS long as I hear that past issues have been resolved I will assume the best and treat Mike like any vendor, worthy of my business if he has what I want. No smear campaign here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wbradley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-mad-amusement?tu=wbradley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.