Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_5216.JPG
    100_5215.JPG
    100_5214.JPG
    tumblr_m0j1ip38j91r3a3bc.png

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 11 years ago

Just curious how everyone is getting handled by MAD regarding the crappy wide body lockdown bars? I've always heard that Mike can be tough to deal with with returns.

#202 11 years ago

Every time I have ordered from Mad amusements I have gotten my parts. If he is the only cat in town that has the part, he's got my business.

#203 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Just curious how everyone is getting handled by MAD regarding the crappy wide body lockdown bars? I've always heard that Mike can be tough to deal with with returns.

He sent me an RMA for my lockdown bar. It goes back today

#204 11 years ago

There are some threads om Swedish forums as well, always excuses why items are delayed.

some answers from Mike to different people:

"Thank you for your order and I apologize for the delay. I had
    an allergic reaction to an antibiotic and was very sick. I fell behind
    with everything and I am working as hard as I can to catch up."

"We had some unexpected circumstances with severe
    weather resulting in down trees and power lines by our shop, which caused delays as we were not able to access the area."

"
    I am fairly sure that your order has shipped. I will check our shipping archives and let you know. If it didn't ship, I will add these parts to your order and invoice you for them."

We had 3 state of emergencies (5.8 Earthquake, Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee) within a short amount of time, causing major delays. More than half our state was without power for over a week and many roads were completely flooded."

"a cop got killed in this area, and we got no access to the shop for 2 weeks"

#205 11 years ago
    Quoted from JT:

That is a funny one

#206 11 years ago

Typical bull crap.

#207 11 years ago
    Quoted from JT:

Seriously? 2 weeks? 2 HOURS maybe, but 2 weeks? This is classic.
    Scott

#208 11 years ago
    Quoted from GAP:

If he is the only cat in town that has the part, he's got my business.

That is the absolute only way he will get my business unless he changes the way he does business. If anyone else has the part I need I will pay more to buy elsewhere due to the BS he is pulling on foreign orders.

#209 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

GAP said:If he is the only cat in town that has the part, he's got my business.

That is the absolute only way he will get my business unless he changes the way he does business. If anyone else has the part I need I will pay more to buy elsewhere due to the BS he is pulling on foreign orders.

Sorry but after paying 50 bucks for a Powerball and then seeing it on MAD's site for 27 I check there first now for parts.
    When I get screwed I at least like a kiss out of the deal.
    If he doesn't want to deal with international shipping he shouldn't take their orders.

3 weeks later
    #210 11 years ago

Is there anyone who would be able to buy me a couple of parts (comes to less than $50) from MAD and post them to the UK please? Having seen all the stories I don't feel like playing shipping roulette - at the same time nobody else has the parts.

Obviously beer money will be added on top of costs.

#211 11 years ago

An enterprising Pinsider could make a little extra pocket money being a (secret) liaison between MAD and foreign orders, I reckon!

#212 11 years ago

Yeah - someone helpful has helped me out now

#213 11 years ago

Hmm interesting this MAD amusements issue I have ordered rom him in the past and gottem my stuff but he was slightly more expensive than others at the time and even 2-3 years ago i was hearing bad stuff about him and some were american customers
    You know i havnt had a problem yet personaly and he took paypal and 2 out of 3 orders came quickly and i assume the 2 week order was becouse i ordered more parts than he prolly had on hand.
    I have also had difficulties sending stuff overseas that I have sold on ebay australia, england japan China all seem to go smoothly but Netherlands, Germany Russia and France always seem to have trouble with customs, delayed shipment ETC.
    It could be the homeland security issues but it realy does seem kinda fishy he no longer accepts Paypal typicly too many complaints or paybacks and your account gets suspended so realy this is a tough one but i tend to buy the bulk of my other stuff elsewhere just becouse of these complaints i have read over time,
    But last thing i purchased from him was a Rottendog 327 system 7 mpu and i got it pretty fast and problem free so that says something as well.

#214 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobsafcom:

I just found this from another ANTI MAD AMUSEMENTS threat on Pinside
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/5ca187c62eef2725/9c3f5a6028bffdca?q=mad+amusments&lnk=ol&&pli=1
    Why doesnt anyone just say it... the guys an as***hole!!

Ok - the guys an asshole. I'm from canada (yes international is not just "overseas") and after a recent transaction dispute with MAD - they're black listed. Ordered a sticker (yes a sticker - a playfield decal) on a friday. Emailed Monday to cancel as I'd decided to go a different route. He charged me 35% restocking fee - for a sticker. AFTER I've dropped roughly $2k there since January. Bye bye MAD. You're done.

1 year later
    #215 10 years ago

We spend 10's of thousands of dollars a year with them and they are great never had a problem

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from rlevin:

We spend 10's of thousands of dollars a year with them and they are great never had a problem

So rlevin, any particular reason you have dragged this post back up after a year? I would suggest it has pretty much been done to death.

Plonk!

Andy

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from Andy_B:

So rlevin, any particular reason you have dragged this post back up after a year? I would suggest it has pretty much been done to death.
    Plonk!
    Andy

#218 10 years ago

They have always been great
    Ordered tons of stuff from them
    Over the years.
    They even reimbursed me for shipping
    Charges if it came out cheaper !!
    Didn't even ask for It.

#219 10 years ago

Here we go again....Way old thread brought back up again,Same sh!t over and over.

#220 10 years ago

Ive never had a problem with him.

#221 10 years ago

I ordered pinball parts from them and they instead gave me a new car and house. No issues with them. Great sellers, blah, blah, blah

#222 10 years ago

Let the old thread die

#223 10 years ago

Hes givin out houses and cars rather than candy now? Dr.Claw is the best!

#224 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 years later
    #225 8 years ago

Just an UP for Melissa and for all the pinball friends in th UK. Mad did it again.....

#226 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Beat me to it. Pretty sure this horse has been beat enough. If you're not in the US don't place the order.

do not place an order if you ARE in the U.S. unless you are a slimeball who is ok with supporting a known thief.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from Liti:

Just an UP for Melissa and for all the pinball friends in th UK. Mad did it again.....

Thanks. I'll have a read through this and see if there are anymore folks I can contact.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-mad-amusement/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.