Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nerdygrrl
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    100_5216.JPG
    100_5215.JPG
    100_5214.JPG
    tumblr_m0j1ip38j91r3a3bc.png
    There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 12 years ago

Its kinda strange how every time someone threatens to contact or does actually contact the authorities that the parts finally get sent out. Either way, let us know if and when you get the parts.

#152 12 years ago

After all this...I want to know the MINUTE your stuff gets there...

#153 12 years ago

Dear All,

I got shipping documents today. Amazing ! What should i say? You are really great people here! You can be proud of you!

I made some donation for this forum just now.

Me the vice president of Hungarian Pinball Association, promise for every user who has post in this thread a free entry to our yearly event. Yes I know it far away but please contact me if you visit Europe, if you visit Hungary.

Just a small video about our yearly event this is how it is going in Hungary:

I will back, i have to tell more later

#154 12 years ago

Awesome Liti. Nights of Pinball!

#155 12 years ago

And here is one similar projekt and now i will able to finish it YEs! We renovate pinball in Hungay too

https://plus.google.com/photos/115854000421669403849/albums/5698134135415864097?banner=pwa

#156 12 years ago

Holy crap nice fixer upper!

#157 12 years ago
    Quoted from Liti:

Just a small video about our yearly event this is how it is going in Hungary:

Very cool Liti! Thank you for sharing this. I am glad to hear the problem is now resolved and you will get your parts.

#158 12 years ago

Wow, nice work on the IJ!

#159 12 years ago

Liti, I just want you to know that this is not a typical representation of how American businesses operate. There are a lot of great small businesses in the USA such as Pinballlife and Cointaker that will do just about anything to satisfy the customer. Many of them actually post on this site as well as RGP.

Please don't let one frustrating experience ruin your enjoyment of the hobby or your trust in other sales companies.

I am really glad that you finally appear to be getting a resolution. It is great how the pinball community is so eager to help one another out.

#160 12 years ago

Hi Liti! Glad everything finally worked out. IF by any chance you ever need anything...lol...tell one of us...WE'LL order and send to you.

#161 12 years ago

Nice to hear!

I'm not too far away from Hungary...

2 weeks later
    #162 11 years ago

Dear All

Great news! Yesterday I got it! Unbelievable I never thought that one day I will get my order. Many many thanks for all the people here who has helped me. You all are really kind you can be proud of Your nationality.

After some strong emails, Mike contacted me and told me some b****sh***. Surprisely he immediately found the amount in his account.

I hope many people from abroad read tis topic. This is a happy end and show why USA went so grand. But because of You not because Mike becomes fair.

I would say never again order from Mad Mike.

Thank You once again

Wish the best

Andras Lugosi

#163 11 years ago

Nice to see that you finally got your parts!

I strongly suggest that the next person that sees Mike on the street, to pass along a firm punch in the nose....

#164 11 years ago

I'm very glad this story had a happy ending for you, Liti!

#165 11 years ago

Hey, great news! Glad it all worked out!!!

Semper Fi!

#166 11 years ago

I was going to link this to RGP again but certain A-holes there will just go on about how MAD has given them exemplary service and therefore who cares how he has treated others. Real good 'ol boys they are.

Good to see things worked out for Lugosi thanks to some very helpful Pinsiders.

#167 11 years ago

I found here really helpful people...
    I like their attitude so I registered at once...
    Thanks!

#168 11 years ago

I hope everyone on the international side gets their issues with Mad Amusements resolved. I haven't had an issue with them at all on any of my orders. Its good to hear that the international guys are getting their goods finally.

#169 11 years ago
    Quoted from wbradley:

I was going to link this to RGP again but certain A-holes there will just go on about how MAD has given them exemplary service and therefore who cares how he has treated others. Real good 'ol boys they are.

Thats a pretty bold statement calling people from RGP who have had good experiences with him "a-holes."

I guess I am one of those a-holes.

#170 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stavs:

wbradley said:I was going to link this to RGP again but certain A-holes there will just go on about how MAD has given them exemplary service and therefore who cares how he has treated others. Real good 'ol boys they are.
    Thats a pretty bold statement calling people from RGP who have had good experiences with him "a-holes."

Yeah me too. Even though i was the one who told him to contact ic3.gov But i am one of those rgp a-holes. Funny Pinside is a great place but when all the new people need help where do they run to.

#171 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Funny Pinside is a great place but when all the new people need help where do they run to.

When I started in this obsession I found Pinside and never had to 'run' anywhere else to get the help I needed. Not trying to hate at all just pointing out that you can find help here especially if you are a noob. Many Pinsider's have great patience with Noobs and generally provide the info they are looking for.

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

AkumaZeto said:Funny Pinside is a great place but when all the new people need help where do they run to.
    When I started in this obsession I found Pinside and never had to 'run' anywhere else to get the help I needed. Not trying to hate at all just pointing out that you can find help here especially if you are a noob. Many Pinsider's have great patience with Noobs and generally provide the info they are looking for.

Right but most of us with the massive tech skills are also and where on rgp when it formed back in the mid 90's So to label everyone on rgp who said they had a good experience with mad ass holes is kind a poopy. I have always got my items from Mike and i said that on rgp with others ,but i told this fella what to do to get help. I wouldnt be surprised if the FBI gave mike a call seeing as how there was at least 4 ic3.gov reports filled on him in a months time frame.

I only said that because dude needs to realize some of us are on both sites.

#173 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

So to label everyone on rgp who said they had a good experience with mad ass holes in kind a poopy.

I only really saw one person say that about RGP and in return you made a comment that seemed to take a shot at all of Pinside. I was more responding to that. But I get what your saying and am not disagreeing with your main point at all.

#174 11 years ago

Sorry if my statement rubs some people the wrong way but certain individuals on RGP kept doubting the credibility of those who had issues with MAD and it almost seemed like the attitude was as long as they got their stuff who the heck cares, or even better lets just drown out these claims so they can be ignored by the community. Personally, I was hoping the overall consensus would be that Mike should come clean or at least give his customers reading all this a logical explanation. The forum was hopefully the place to urge Mike to aknowledge this stuff one way or the other. As it turns out he claims to not bother with it unlike most all the other vendors.

Most people on RGP I have dealt with were good fellow hobbiests like myself but there are a few bad apples and petty bickerers. I will refrain from naming them. I do visit RGP but much less since joining Pinside. Lyman once summed up why he no longer frequents RGP anymore and I'd have to say I fully understand what he meant. It must have been awesome in the mid 90's

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from Stavs:

wbradley said:I was going to link this to RGP again but certain A-holes there will just go on about how MAD has given them exemplary service and therefore who cares how he has treated others. Real good 'ol boys they are.

I've heard enough stories first hand from people outside the USA who have had problems with MAD that Mike is now off my list of suppliers. I like Mike, he's filled orders of mine quickly and accurately in the past, but the way he has just ignored these international orders and it's taken so much to get them shipped, I'll just do without!

Again, these accounts I've heard are from people I either personally know well, or have had previous experiences with and trust.

I don't know what the story is, or what the reason is, but it's enough to turn me off to ordering from MAD.

The typical RGP argument in this case has either been a) I've had great experiences with MAD or b) I don't know the person complaining and this could just be a huge smear campaign on MAD.

My answer is a) The character of a seller or business is not tested in how they handle a *good* experience, but rather how they handle a *bad* experience and b) I know several people who have ended up on the short end of the stick with MAD.

#176 11 years ago

I avoid Mad Amusements just for his ridiculous Shipping drama.. pay him, he refunds, then he only accepts paypal, and it has to go to a verified address, blah blah blah.

Plenty of sellers out there that are in the year 2012 do deal with that crap.

#177 11 years ago

this week i ordered a Congo ramp from them. didnt know about this thread lol
    hope it gets here... it should!! In Europe we are the closest country to the USA, so it should!!

#178 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

this week i ordered a Congo ramp from them. didnt know about this thread lol
    hope it gets here... it should!! In Europe we are the closest country to the USA, so it should!! []

Keep us in the loop on this!

#179 11 years ago
    Quoted from islandpinball:

hassanchop said:this week i ordered a Congo ramp from them. didnt know about this thread lol
    hope it gets here... it should!! In Europe we are the closest country to the USA, so it should!! []
    Keep us in the loop on this!

ok. details:
    ordered a Congo right return ramp. paid through paypal. the postage was very high, witch is understandable cuzz the ramp is big. ordered on Wed, 5/9/12

#180 11 years ago

Lets hope Mike will deliver the goods. With shipping, customs etc it's probably reasonable to expect up to 3 weeks for international.

Even in Canada if the goods arrive in a week or less it usually gets held up a few more days in customs while they decide how much they want to rip us off on top (~$8 inspection fee plus 13% of the value of goods INCLUDING the shipping fee).

I have bought from MAD in the past without issue but still felt that it was the right thing to do standing up for the people that had issues with them. For the record in no way did I ever want to slander their business or get people to boycott them. Now, I am a bit afraid to buy from Mike as he might recognize my handle here (goes with my email address) so he would ship me some itching powder with my supplies.

AS long as I hear that past issues have been resolved I will assume the best and treat Mike like any vendor, worthy of my business if he has what I want. No smear campaign here.

#181 11 years ago

Glad to hear everyone on this site helped you out. Thats a terrible situation to be in....and its nice to see people on the other side of the world jumping in to help with a problem.

#182 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

when all the new people need help where do they run to

I don't run anywhere but stay here on Pinside. RGP is too inhospitable for me. Some strange characters 'over there'.

#183 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

AkumaZeto said:when all the new people need help where do they run to
    I don't run anywhere but stay here on Pinside. RGP is too inhospitable for me. Some strange characters 'over there'.

Many of them are migrating over to hear

#184 11 years ago

Haven't ever had a problem, although I'm in the states. Placed an order today, so we'll see how it goes.

#185 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

Haven't ever had a problem, although I'm in the states. Placed an order today, so we'll see how it goes.

My guess is it will go well and you'll have your stuff Monday or Tuesday knowing Mike.

#186 11 years ago
    Quoted from Fliptastic:

did your order shipped already?

#187 11 years ago

Too many other reliable options to deal with someone this cranky and slippery. There are a lot of really nice people in this hobby - I'll send my business their way.

#188 11 years ago

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    May 16, 2012, 1:33 am
    GREENVILLE, SC 29607
    Expected Delivery By:
    May 16, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Insured

Depart USPS Sort Facility
    May 15, 2012
    KEARNY, NJ 07032

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    May 15, 2012, 12:01 am
    KEARNY, NJ 07032

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    May 14, 2012, 10:46 pm
    BRICK, NJ 08723

Shipment Accepted
    May 14, 2012, 4:57 pm
    BRICK, NJ 08723

Electronic Shipping Info Received
    May 14, 2012

#189 11 years ago

got the board in today, and got the board in today ... thanks guys, packed well, works nice... very happy

100_5214.JPG100_5214.JPG 100_5215.JPG100_5215.JPG 100_5216.JPG100_5216.JPG

#190 11 years ago

mine shipped today through usps. ordered and paid last week (wednesday)

Quoted from txstargazer3:

Too many other reliable options to deal with someone this cranky and slippery. There are a lot of really nice people in this hobby - I'll send my business their way.

this was the only seller in the world that still had the Congo right return ramp. so not much choice in this case :s

#191 11 years ago

Ordered a translite Saturday, got it today with excellent packaging, and a refund on shipping.

#192 11 years ago

Gummi burgers are the best.

#193 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

and a refund on shipping

I forgot about that... me too

edit: it was just brought to my attention that most US customers don't have an issue with "mad"... sorry for the extra feed.

#194 11 years ago

Well, I got my order in today. No problems at all. Mike even included some gummy candy that my daughter enjoyed.

1 week later
    #195 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

ok. details:
    ordered a Congo right return ramp. paid through paypal. the postage was very high, witch is understandable cuzz the ramp is big. ordered on Wed, 5/9/12

the ramp arrived this week. perfect packaging, the ramp was really very well protected.
    all went well with no problems.

i think i know why international shipping take more time to ship with mad amusements. it is that for international shipping, Mike has to go to the post office to dispatch them and fill the paper work. US orders i think fedex go to the shop to pick the items up.
    so this means Mike just goes once a week to ship the international ones, and in that way he gets all the foreign orders done in one day, instead of going to the post office every day and loose a lot of time.
    i think it is a good idea. in that way your order ships in a few days instead of next day, so kinda the same thing.

#196 11 years ago

MAD Amusements has always fulfilled my orders without a glitch..... MAD is obviously a SMALL business... This is a niche hobby, your not buying from Apple... Harping on a business for months can not be beneficial to anyones business, let alone a SMALL one... For some strange reason criticism is cheaper than praise.
    Lets get crazy!!!! Try appreciating the businesses that cary the parts that keep your beloved pinball machines running....

#197 11 years ago

ordered my space shuttle ramp/shuttle reproduction this last thursday night, shipped the following night. Maybe they got enough complaints to up their service.

#198 11 years ago

I am restoring a ToM and other vendors didn't have the parts or only a couple, Mad had everything but one plastic, I was hesitant to order but ordered from Mad on Thursday and the order shipped on Friday.
    I have ordered from Mad before and have had no problems, good prices and fast shipping.
    Sorry to hear about the problems overseas buyers have had, I know I quit selling stuff to Canada and overseas, the paperwork and customs holding things for ransom is more trouble than it is worth.

#199 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

i think i know why international shipping take more time to ship with mad amusements. it is that for international shipping, Mike has to go to the post office to dispatch them and fill the paper work. US orders i think fedex go to the shop to pick the items up.
    so this means Mike just goes once a week to ship the international ones, and in that way he gets all the foreign orders done in one day, instead of going to the post office every day and loose a lot of time.
    i think it is a good idea. in that way your order ships in a few days instead of next day, so kinda the same thing.

Any evidence of this being the case? Don't forget about the phone calls and smoke and mirror stories and "I don't see you're ord... oh here it is right in the middle of my desk!" Honestly if his shipping times are fast and prices are good I'm tempted to use him for our parts but I just can't with the way he's been treating his overseas customers.

#200 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

hassanchop said:
    Any evidence of this being the case? Don't forget about the phone calls and smoke and mirror stories and "I don't see you're ord... oh here it is right in the middle of my desk!" Honestly if his shipping times are fast and prices are good I'm tempted to use him for our parts but I just can't with the way he's been treating his overseas customers.

i know he ships international orders once a week because he told me. the reason why is only my conclusion.. but it seems logic

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-mad-amusement/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.