1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by beatmaster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

10 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    8 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    7 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    6 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    5 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    4 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    3 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG
    2 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG
    1 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

Does anybody have any info on Classic Playfield Reproductions? I ordered a backglass on their site on 8/6 and you order and pay via Paypal. I received a conformation from Paypal on money being received but have heard nothing from the seller. No confirmation of order received or shipping info - nothing. Phone number I found nobody answers and no response to email inquiry from their site. Is this the way they do business and where exactly are they located? I know it hasn't been very long but any info would be much appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

I'm sure it's fine. They aren't Amazon.

#3 1 year ago

They're in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Don't worry . Communication with them is sometimes great, sometimes not so great. You will receive your product though ... Don't worry about that at all .

#5 1 year ago

All my orders have been that way too no biggie. You will get a notification when your item has shipped.

#6 1 year ago

Soup Nazi rules bud..... CPR is awesome!

#7 1 year ago

Wow. Only 5 business days passed so far. Usually get a shipping notification within 2 to 3 weeks after payment.

#8 1 year ago

Kevin is a good dude, he will get back to you. CPR has never failed me, thank god they are in business to help keep this hobby alive.

#9 1 year ago

These guys are different from anyone I have ever ordered from. Placing the order by paying for the item on Paypal, no formal order process through their website is weird. Every vendor I have ever purchased through gives a confirmation/receipt of order almost immediately. Thanks for the insight on CPR I guess Canadians do things a little differently. Frankly I'm thrilled to get the backglass (Playboy) that they are reproducing as the very last nice glass sold on Feebay for $522 plus shipping!! Heck, I only paid a little more than that for the whole machine I'm bringing back to life.
    Now, when can i expect that playfield???
    Thanks for the replies!!

#10 1 year ago

Ha! 5 days. Been on the preorder for taf Playfield that was supposed to go to production quickly for almost 3 years now.

Cpr doesn't roll like other companies, prob because it's more of a hobby for them and/or appreciation for the hobby by supporting/providing the services that they do. That said, you can't expect quite the same customer service that other companies provide as CPR is pretty unique in what they do and how they do it.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Usually get a shipping notification within 2 to 3 weeks after payment.

#12 1 year ago

Was the same for me when I ordered from them, but had no problems. I too thought it was a strange process, but trusted it as so many people on here ordered from them in the past.

#13 1 year ago

Aug 7th was a stat holiday and most people take vacation on either end of the long weekend. Sit back and enjoy some beer, you order is in good hands

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

Frankly I'm thrilled to get the backglass (Playboy) that they are reproducing as the very last nice glass sold on Feebay for $522 plus shipping!! Heck, I only paid a little more than that for the whole machine I'm bringing back to life.

Man been looking for a Playboy backglass for years myself. Plan on picking one up at the York PA show in Sep.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

Thanks for the insight on CPR I guess Canadians do things a little differently.

Nope, just CPR. Dont worry, they always come through.

#16 1 year ago

CPR goooooooooooood.

#17 1 year ago

same here i ordered the new playboy back glass last wednesday, never received a confirmation or anything else.
    not my first order from them, it's always the same thing you pay and you wait, in the end it always get here.
    maybe they should work on some kind of feedback just to let us know.

#18 1 year ago

Bought stuff from them for almost 10 years, always great. Shipping from Canada takes time. That being said, the process is NOT Amazon like. Expect a week or more before getting shipping confirmation for stock stuff. My only gripe is not getting responds to emails. I'm interested in a Space Invaders playfield which shows "delayed due to artwork". Emailed for a time frame, 6 months, 1 year or 3-5 years. No response. I don't want to make a hard commit to something I may be in a nursing home before seeing.

#19 1 year ago

Things are slower here on the east coast of Canada. That's why we like to live here. I'm a lot slower than Kevin on getting stuff out.

#20 1 year ago

They only have shipment pick up on Fridays most of the year. They do get a pick up twice a week for a short period of time in the Summer I believe.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

same here i ordered the new playboy back glass last wednesday, never received a confirmation or anything else.
    not my first order from them, it's always the same thing you pay and you wait, in the end it always get here.
    maybe they should work on some kind of feedback just to let us know.

well 2 days later after that post i received my backglass.
    total of 8 days from when i placed to order to the time it got here.
    not bad, i'm impressed!

2 weeks later
    #22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

.... Frankly I'm thrilled to get the backglass (Playboy) that they are reproducing as the very last nice glass sold on Feebay for $522 plus shipping!! Heck, I only paid a little more than that for the whole machine I'm bringing back to life.
    Thanks for the replies!!

don't jump too high yet, did you took a good look at your backglass? if you received it.

Quoted from beatmaster:

well 2 days later after that post i received my backglass.
    total of 8 days from when i placed to order to the time it got here.
    not bad, i'm impressed!

so i finally opened up the box for installation....... to put it back in and ship it back to them and get my refund, if everything goes well (crossing fingers, let's hope i won't wait for weeks).

not very happy!
    it's pretty bad.
    way too dark.
    no definition anywhere, you can't even read paul faris signature
    pink color is way off.
    but my problem is with the pink color, printing is wrong, dark pink spot everywhere including dark spot in other areas.
    pink is not even everywhere.
    the fact that it was ship in this condition is beyond me! my old backglass looks 1000X better than this!
    let's see some pictures. the original on the left, obviously.

1 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG
    2 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG
    3 - playboy cpr backglass (resized).JPG
    4 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    5 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    6 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    7 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    8 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG
    9 - playboy cpr backglass details (resized).JPG

#23 1 year ago

The skin tones look way too yellow too.

#24 1 year ago

Yes the colors are way off. How much does it cost to ship a BG back to CPR? I'm thinking on sending my SOF back to them, but trying to sell it locally for someone that was thinking on getting one and want to save $40 shipping.

#25 1 year ago

CPR is great for playfields, but the backglasses are historically pretty lousy. I thought they were moving to a new/improved process. Guess it's not ready yet.

#26 1 year ago

Pretty much the same story with the whirlwind playfields

#27 1 year ago
    #28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

These guys are different from anyone I have ever ordered from. Placing the order by paying for the item on Paypal, no formal order process through their website is weird. Every vendor I have ever purchased through gives a confirmation/receipt of order almost immediately. Thanks for the insight on CPR I guess Canadians do things a little differently. Frankly I'm thrilled to get the backglass (Playboy) that they are reproducing as the very last nice glass sold on Feebay for $522 plus shipping!! Heck, I only paid a little more than that for the whole machine I'm bringing back to life.
    Thanks for the replies!!

Any response yet that your playfield has shipped?

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

not very happy!
    it's pretty bad.
    way too dark.
    no definition anywhere, you can even read paul faris signature
    pink color is way off.
    but my problem is with the pink color, printing is wrong, dark pink spot everywhere including dark spot in other areas.
    pink is not even everywhere.

I saw that on their website and was disappointed.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

CPR is great for playfields, but the backglasses are historically pretty lousy. I thought they were moving to a new/improved process. Guess it's not ready yet.

I'm Damn happy with my CPR Old Chicago backglass. Looks great!

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from vec-tor:

I saw that on their website and was disappointed.

yeah, i notice it was a little darker too (on the website) but c'mon not only it's darker but it looks like a blur picture in person.
    i looks like a scan of a scan.
    but the pink color/printing is the worst, the backglass i received shouldn't be for sale.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

..How much does it cost to ship a BG back to CPR? I'm thinking on sending my SOF back to them, but trying to sell it locally for someone that was thinking on getting one and want to save $40 shipping.

with a defective backglass like that why should i pay for shipping? like every good business i hope they have a printable return label.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Plastics (Gorgar) suck too.

#34 1 year ago

I own a Bally Playboy and yeah...that looks really bad.

#35 1 year ago

LOL, what a horrible job CPR. The fact they let that leave after production is horrible.

#36 1 year ago

Even the thumbnail looks way off.

Has anyone noticed a pattern with any of the artists and the products they're unhappy with? Or does it seem hit or miss?

pasted_image (resized).png

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

with a defective backglass like that why should i pay for shipping? like every good business i hope they have a printable return label.

they say it's not defective they made it the way they did on purpose and should have seen it in the pics before ordering. :/

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any response yet that your playfield has shipped?

Yes ,
    Yes, I did get the glass last week. It looked ok when I checked it out but I will take another look at it. The glass I had missing paint around the edges and extreme bubbling on Hef and the girls, looks like they have skin cancer or something. The detail on the repro did not seem as nice as the original though. I'm not unhappy with the repro because perfect original glass is hard to find and super expensive. My pin is a super beater most would have parted out but I want to bring it back to life, make it very nice and a great player.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Has anyone noticed a pattern with any of the artists and the products they're unhappy with?

Yes. The scanned image with colour saturation seems to be a trait.

Joker Poker and Earthshaker on the other hand are 2 standouts and shows what can be done.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they say it's not defective they made it the way they did on purpose and should have seen it in the pics before ordering. :/

yeah but the pink shouldn't be like that. ink is not even with dark spot all over.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 189.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 11.95
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 279.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside