Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by TimMe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

im having troubles with my machine after i got it everything worked fine when i went and looked at it but on the transport it started pouring rain so i let it dry out for a day now it isnt keeping score and there is a loud buzzing coming from on of the score wheel relay switches and i can feel that its hotter by touch than the others im still pretty new to these things so im not completely sure what the exact problem is but have a hunch that the relay might be bad from the rain

#2 7 years ago

The first thing I would check is to see if one of the switches behind the rubber bands are not touching. With the machine on and the Playfield glass off, tug gently on each of the rubber bands. If the buzzing stops, adjust the switch behind the rubber band.

#3 7 years ago

The relay is probably not damaged by the rain, as that doesn't happen very often. Which relay is buzzing? Knowing that would help determine where the problem might be.

If it's the N, M, or L relay then you could have a stuck playfield switch, or some other scoring switch somewhere that is stuck on. The N, M, and L relays advance the 10, 100, and 1,000 score unit steppers, respectively. None of these relays should ever stay energized. They should only pulse on very briefly.

Whatever relay it is, it's getting hot because it's staying energized for too long. Until you find out what is causing the relay to get stuck on, don't keep the game power on for more than a minute or so, or you will run the risk of burning out the relay coil.

- TimMe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-with-buccaneer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.