2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

The micro SD card that came with your kit. Use it to update your game, so then the display will work right.

LTG : )

This was my #1 complaint with the upgrades. CGC only included this upgrade chip with the mods that have the RGB board even though the display mod needs it as well and unlike the other 2 upgrades there is no NOTICE included in this kit that mentions needing the upgrade.

WARNING: Do not read beyond this point if actual facts are scary, painful, don't fit your social narrative, or are offensive to you in any way. In other words I am about to speak my mind which use to be encouraged in order to move society forward.

EDIT: And just like the color chip mod on my MMR LE the software upgrade will not fully complete and WILL lock on the knocker coil causing its fuse to blow when performing the upgrade. Working as intended I presume as CGC refuses to acknowledge that the initial Beagle Bone CPU boards in this title are the problem; I speculate the cost associated with replacing this original boards for this as the reason they don't want to address this but If you look into the early MMR owners club forum on this you will see a large number of the early adopters all complained about similar issues when installing the upgrade that accompanied the initial color upgrade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Guy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-upgrading-to-mmr-larger-color-display?tu=Pin_Guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.