7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinKopf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wxforecaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So yesterday I picked up a Getaway, which had the L1 ROM. I've got GQX-4x4 EPROM burner and a UV eraser, which I used to successfully repair a few arcade boards.

It's a Texas Instruments 27C040 chip. What am I doing wrong? I erased the chip for 60 minutes, verified it as blank (FF filled). Loaded the L-5 ROM and went to write it. It fails with a buffer mismatch on the very first byte 0x0000000. Tried the same process again with an L2 ROM from IPDB, and the same thing.

Do I have a bad EPROM chip or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

#4 7 years ago

Sigh. Wish i had another. I'd still have a working game. Only a total n00b would use the original to update.

Time to hit the ebay or ask the local pinball gang if anyone has one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wxforecaster.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-updating-rom-getaway-hs2?tu=wxforecaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.