• Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hi, MAIN PROBLEM > Pop bumpers don't alternate (same 2 stay lit most of time... very occasionally go off but other 2 don't lite) I checked the light bulbs they OK (can make other 2 light by pushing the plate on ALTERNATOR relay so other contacts are engaged) .. ordered a new coil for "Alternator" ... soldered it in and nothing lit up .. ? .. put old one back in and back to 2 lights .. (friend going to test the "new" coil for me tomorrow) ... I saw a thread on here where advice was check the 0-9 unit if not alternating ... so I did that .. my 0 9 unit is very different from other stepper units in my machine ... and it won't turn (there is a little metal plate screwed to unit that stops the lever from pulling away from the gear) .. only one coil on unit and it looks pretty burned ... why is there a coil attached to the lever if the lever can't move?? or IS MY 0-9 UNIT MISSING PARTS OR BROKEN?? SEE PICTURE ... arrows pointing to screws that hold little metal plate THANK YOU in advance for any help !!! Todd
P.S. the 10 score reels NEVER score anything (not unlit pop bumpers or anything) .. also someone cut the white and blue wire under playfield and ran a new wire to most of the contacts behind the rubbers that chime when ball hits rubbers .. (they don't always chime> are they suppose to? are they suppose to score 10 points??) I downloaded a schematic and going to try to fix?? this tomorrow with my buddy who is smarter with electrical stuff .... only mention in case it is related to Main Problem ...

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from SpaceTimeGuy:

Pop bumpers don't alternate (same 2 stay lit most of time... very occasionally go off but other 2 don't lite)

As you figured out, the Alternator relay controls the Pop bumpers alternating. So you'll need to fix that relay to get that working. You haven't posted your pictures yet so impossible to tell what you're seeing there.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problems-0-9-unit-pop-bumpers-dont-alternate-bally-space-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.