Problem with Pinsound and Hook

By DBLM

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992
#1 7 years ago

I just installed a new Pinsound board into my Hook and after a few errors, got the Hook files to load. Heard the Pinsound Lady, music, etc. Tried to play a game and no sound. Reinstalled the sound files again and the same problem. I here the typical beeps on the boot sequence from the Pinsound board but no sounds once the game starts. I have also updated the firmware.

I have an original MPU and stock speakers. I verified the green light on the daughter board and that the ribbon cable is plugged in with the red wire to the "red one" designation on the board.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

#2 7 years ago

Try turning the actual pinball volume all the way down for a sec then bring it back up

#3 7 years ago

You are the man! Works like a champ. Thanks for the support.

--Matt

#4 7 years ago

Great to hear
That is how you will change different sounds packs if you have more than one installed if available for that game.
I notice though sometimes it seems to get stuck on no sounds and this will usually resolve it

#5 7 years ago

Thanks for all of the insight, Stretch! Really appreciate the guidance.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Try turning the actual pinball volume all the way down for a sec then bring it back up

Thanks for helping

The original volume potentiometer is working a tad differently when connected to the PinSound board:
- turned to the far left, it will allow you to set the next sound package available on your flash drive (if you have multiple sound packages)
- in a general way, you have to turn your potentiometer up, to get some sounds (or the PinSound board will just think you want to set your volume to 0)

Maybe I should add a small voice message warning if I detect the volume set to 0, to remind user to turn up their knob volume? What do you think?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSound:

Thanks for helping
The original volume potentiometer is working a tad differently when connected to the PinSound board:
- turned to the far left, it will allow you to set the next sound package available on your flash drive (if you have multiple sound packages)
- in a general way, you have to turn your potentiometer up, to get some sounds (or the PinSound board will just think you want to set your volume to 0)
Maybe I should add a small voice message warning if I detect the volume set to 0, to remind user to turn up their knob volume? What do you think?

Hi @pinsound. Thanks for your support and the extra insight. I think adding a voice prompt would be a great idea!

5 years later
#8 2 years ago

Old thread, but wondering why the Tyler? Mix keeps repeating the end music after the end of a game..usually, on other mixes and other machines, it fades out..and maybe attract sounds here and there. But this new mix on the pinsound site just keeps going. Any ideas? I could mess with the file, but thought I’d ask first. Thx in advance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-pinsound-and-hook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.