Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jumping Jack 10 point relay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago

This path into the 10 point relay should be broken whenever you score 3000 points by landing in one of the holes:
    Jumping Jack 10 point relay (resized).jpgJumping Jack 10 point relay (resized).jpg
    Maybe one of the make/break switches in the red box is gapped a little too close and letting a pulse from the Motor 1A switch get to the 10 point relay when it shouldn't?

/Mark

#7 1 year ago

I think the C relay only fires (and closes the C relay switch to enable the path) when the ball lands in a lit hole for 3000 points.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I guess what I was wondering was that, would the make/break switch that is possibly gapped too close on the Left Hole relay (I) or Right Hole relay (J) only cause this problem when the corresponding hole was lit?

I think so, because the C relay switch only closes when the hole is lit (I think).

Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

In other words if the make/break switch on ‘I’ was gapped too close but the gap was correct on ‘J’, would the issue only occur when the ball was kicked out from the red lit hole ‘I’ but not when kicked out from the yellow lit hole ‘J’?

I think so. If the I/Left Hole relay switch is working properly it should interrupt the path into the N/10 point relay so any chattering on the J/Right Hole relay make/break switch shouldn't matter, unless the J relay switch somehow shorts both sides together.

If the J/Right Hole make/break switch is working properly any chattering on the I/Left Hole relay make/break switch wouldn't matter.

So which lit hole demonstrates the problem would indicate which switch might is more likely to be the culprit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-jumping-jack-em-dragging-10-points?tu=MarkG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.