• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lanfeust
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

So I have a problem with the Mini plyayfield of my indiana jones: it seems that the MP does not go deep enought on the right or left... and the ball, as soon as she is released, goes right to the pitch. Impossible to go further.
However, there is nothing that block the MP from a side or the other one. I obviously try to unscrew and push a little bit the MP on the axe but no change...
I dont see what more I could do...? I feel like the optos could be a little bit more spaced, or could it be the motor which may be defect...?
Any suggestions welcome, thank you.

#2 5 years ago

Just went thru this.

Does the POA/ mini play field studder as it moves back and forth or does it move smoothly? Try moving it in the test mode. Does it act the same? when in test you can see how the opto switches work. If it does not move smoothly , it most likely is an opto problem as you see no binding phsically.

The easy stuff first.

Try cleaning both flipper opto's and then the POA/ mini play field opto's. You can get to the mini play field opto board by removing the metal ramp that drops the ball on to POA/mini play field

While you have that metal ramp off, make sure the set screws that hold the mini play field onto the motor shaft are tight. You will need an Allen wrench

Now, how does it work?

If it is still stuttering you may have to replace the opto boards. . If only stutters to one side , swap the flipper opto's. If that does not help , most likely the mini play field opto board needs to be replaced.

I just bought a mini play field opto board. they are available.

Lastly ,

due to the geometry of the motor shaft, how far spaced the opto's are, I found my POA once moving smoothly, would move far enough to the right to allow the ball to run down the entire right side very easily, every time. However the POA did not move far enough to the left. I found that about half the time, the ball would go into the first center out hole. Turns out the ball will hit the the left ball guide, that is directly to the left of the first center hole and that guide was loose. If the guide was pinched towards the hole, the ball 90 percent of the time would hit it and bounce down the left side of the POA as desired. If the ball guide was pushed away from the hole, the ball would bounce into the hole. Not desired! A touch of super glue locked the ball guide in place. All better.

I bought the mini play field opto board from The Pinball Wizard. Fast delivery

Good hunting, This drove me a little crazy but , you can get it working. It is a very marginal design when the POA moves to the left, so it has to work smoothly and every thing needs to be tight.

#3 5 years ago

thanks sulli10 for your answear, so after checking what you said, and everythings was ok so far, I checked 2 points that were problematic, first motor was showing sign of weakness. After removing it, I could hear pieces moving inside, so I decided to change it for a new one.
Second point was, according to me, optos are to tight to allow the mini playfield to go a little bit deeper, and obviously, there are no settings you can do about it... so I removed the optos metal shaft and did a tiny cut on both edges. I know it's not really conventional, but with that, MP can go just 1 mm further on both sides, just what the ball needs to go straight to the end... So finally, I resolved this problem with this little trick....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Wanted
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 63.95
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Wanted
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 9.95
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-ij-mini-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.