Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by cjf9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am very new to pins and looking for some help with a problem I am having with my Hollywood Heat pinball machine. Sometimes when I start up the machine the scoreboard will not turn on and the sound is either crackling or not working at all. Other times if the scoreboard does turn on, the sound is still not working properly,crackling and very low. Any ideas what could be causing this to happen? I have done the 80b ground modification and this did not see to help. Any ideas? Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Is the board actually booting when you have these problems? Come up to attract mode with the playfield lights blinking, start a game, etc. even though the display does not work? Is the LED on the soundboard blinking as it should be when you are having sound issues?

Please respond with that info, as it makes a huge difference as to next steps. Figuring out the display issue should be fairly straightforward - the sound card might be a little tougher.

You have a multimeter and comfortable measuring voltages? It will be necessary to diagnose the problem, so get yourself up to speed there if you aren't already and we'll try to get you fixed up.

9 months later
#3 10 years ago

I am having this exact same problem with my Hollywood heat machine. I have done the ground modification and changed the power supply completely new model (new Replacement System 80B Power Supply, MA-645). Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can test to see what the issue could be? I am pretty handy but new to this. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-hollywood-heat-pinball-sound-and-score-board-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.