9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HipKat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My Joker Poker has been giving me problems on and off for a while now.

I installed the newest version of the Ni-Wumpf MPU into the pin and when the works the pin plays great, 100% working.

The problem I get is randomly the pin will go into "set-up" while I am playing. I especially notice this when multiple people are playing.

When I first got this pin it had some really odd behavior with the drop targets not scoring/resetting sometimes. I end up resolving the problem by replace most of the switch matrix diodes. Now all of the target score correctly I just have this one last problem.

If you look at the wiring diagram there are just not that many things on the set-up button switch matrix. I think I replaced all of the switch diodes in that switch matrix. (As I look at the switch matrix all I see is "set-up", "replay"(which I think is the start button), both coin mechs(which are removed and taped off), & tilt (which I have disabled in hopes of stopping this problem)

Anyone have any recommendations, do the Ni-Wumpf boards have a known problem that I don't know about?

#3 9 years ago

No work on the edge pin connectors. They look great, I think the previous owner got the pin from a retailer who redid a bunch of things, the edge connectors included.

What were you thinking, corrosion or some sort of bridge between the connector pins?

#5 9 years ago

HipKat, I appreciate the input. Can you help me understand how a weak/bad connection would cause the pin to go into set-up mode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mg81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-gottlieb-ni-wumpf-going-into-set-up-during-play?tu=mg81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.