Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Hi everybody, I'm having this problem with my new Baywatch (Sega 1995) pin. Hopefully anyone here can help out so I can start enjoying C.J., Jill, Erica and of course the Hoff!

When I bought the game, fuse F6 on the PPB was broken and none of the flashers working. So I replaced the fuse and then started a game: some flashers started burning brightly at the same time.

I then did a "Flasher test" from the diagnostic menu and all Flashers burn together. There must be some kind of short. I already measured all transistors (tip102/122, tip 36c) and they all tested out OK.

Where I should I look next? A short under the playfield? Some component on the board?

Thanks for any pointers!

#2 14 years ago

Measure voltage at the flasher itself. Does it seem out of wack? Then measure voltage directly off the board that feeds those flashers power, is it the same voltage? Yes, then likely something driving them on the board is bad. If the voltage at the lamp is diffrent then you have a short somewhere, check the lamp bases make sure they are not touching something etc etc

hope this helps

#4 14 years ago

Total 'greenhorn' suggestion. Don't flashers have a relay in the circuit? Maybe it's stuck on or no good. Not familiar with Sega, just wanted to give my 2 1/2 cents.

#5 14 years ago

Everybody thanks for the suggestions. The problem was solved!

There are two connectors with the same amount of wires, the same key, and the same color wires. One goes in to the contra connector for the backbox light panel, the other goes to the the bottom right of the cpu board. My machine had the two of 'em swapped causing constant ground to the flashers.

To distinguish the two connectors, look at the wire coloring. They're both black, but the one that connects to the backbox light panel has colored dots on the wires. The other connector, which connects to the cpu board has completely black wires.

Baywatch is now 100% technically working. Next step: the cleanup!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 259.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-flashers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.