Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Muppet_Man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The problem I am having is that sometimes the drop targets on the mini-playfield don't work, but other times they work just fine. This has been an on going problem since I bought the machine. The previous owner told me about the issue, and for a while now I thought I had it fixed. The problem has resurfaced.

After I got the machine I removed the DT-bank, completely disassembled, cleaned, reassembled, and replaced the opto board with a new one from Great Lakes. After reinstalling the bank, the issue was still present for the first three games, and then it went away and everything was just fine for the last 9 months or so.

The last few days I have been cleaning and prepping the game for Allentown. After doing an adjustment of the settings the problem came back. It usually starts with drop target relays firing like a machine gun for no apparent reason. Now the problem is random as to when it happens and when it goes away. Its starting to be more that it happens. One thing I have also noticed this time that I never noticed before, is that the insert lights and display will flash at a higher rate then they do normally after the coils fire randomly.

Any suggestions or ideas to fix this? Like I said the Opto board is new, and the coils definatly work so I am thinking its something somewhere else causing the problem. Maybe a loose harness somewhere? Another driver board that is not working right? Would like to figure this out before A-Town as I am bringing the machine and would like it to be working 100%.

#2 11 years ago

Really sounds like a connection problem. It will be worth going through the connections that you must have moved or opened when you did all of your previous fixes. I'm thinking an hour to go through the connectors with a spray can of electrical connector cleaner may well put you back into happy land.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-drop-target-back-on-swords-of-fury and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.