(Topic ID: 113900)

Problem with CV eddy sensor

By bjsilverballs

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bjsilverballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My ringmaster stopped registering hits a while ago so I ordered the auto-eddy board from Pinbits. It still didn't work so I traced the wires and it turns out the ground wire to the board has a disconnect under the playfield that had gone bad. I replaced the disconnect with a single crimp connector and tested the eddy sensor and now it works. Perfectly! In switch tests. Once I start a game the eddy sensor stops registering hits and the game says "Check top eddy sensor". I checked the driver board and it's got voltage at 139-2 like it should during a game.

I'm at my wit's end on this one. It was a short trip to be sure but any help would be welcome.

One thing I noticed with the Pinbits board is the label silk screened on the board differs from the stock Bally eddy boards. The pins labeled Row & Column are reversed. I checked the original board in CV & the 3 boards in my ToM and they are all the same. Do I need to swap the wires? Could it still register the proper switch in a test then fail in the game because of that?

#2 9 years ago

Judging by the overwhelming response I guess I'm the only one who didn't set the "Use Manual Eddy Sensor" setting. Thanks to Martin at Pinbits I'm up and running. Their website shows that board out of stock if you search under Cirqus Voltaire but it's the same board for several games.

3 years later
#5 5 years ago

Funny story.

Tonight i got sick of my Ringmaster not registering hits. Same problem as above. I Google it. I hit this thread. I check my settings and sure enough, it was set to auto-eddy. Set it to manual and its perfect again!

Anyone else use Pinside to store repair notes?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bjsilverballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-cv-eddy-sensor?tu=bjsilverballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.