• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by WOLF
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello,
I have bought an Apollo 13 pinball from sega, which is now my second pinball.
I like it very much but I think there is a little thing that annoys me and makes the game too hard. Each time the ball goes out of the rocket, it goes directly between the 2 flips and of course I lose it.
There is a round-stop between the 2 flippers going up when the ball goes out of the rocket and that prevents the ball from being lost, but this stop isn't going up during multiball play (which is normal as far as I know).
I watched several videos of this A13 pinball on youtube and saw that the ball should normally hit the right flipper when it comes out from the rocket.
Do you know if there is something I could modify in the playfield in order to fix that problem ?
Thank you

#2 10 years ago

You might be able to loosen the mounting screws for the rocket and change it's position slightly, It should take much to change the trajectory of the ball over that distance. Yes, the pop-up post is supposed to raise for the first 30 secs of multi-ball.

#3 10 years ago

I think it is supposed to shoot there. Like WOLF said, it should pop up for a little while during multiball, but it is not always safe. It is pretty easy to slap save though.

#4 10 years ago

Yes the pop-up raises about 30 sec. I think it's working like it should.
The playfield is inclinated with 6.5° as mentionned in the manual.
I don't know how I can change the position, it's really frustrating to see the balls being lost each time they go out of the rocket :s

#5 10 years ago

I wasn't referring to the inclanation of the pf. What I mean is, if you loosen the mounting hardware for the rocket, you may be able to move it side to side enough to shoot the ball at the flipper. Loosen hardware, move top of rocket to the left, move bottom of rocket to the right, utilizing all the clearance in the mount holes. It may not seem like a lot of movement, but over that distance (from rocket to flipper), it probably won't take much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Boards
PinSound

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-apollo13-rocket and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.