View topic image gallery

pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
dl04 (resized).jpg
dl03 (resized).jpg
dl02 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone
Im looking for a bit of help with my Diamond lady from Gottlieb. It’s a game I bought some time ago for me and my kids – trying to bring some of the good old stuff into their minds whilst their growing up. Its been working fine for a couple of years or so, and now I have run into my first problem with it… I have good fixing skills as such – but I know absolutely nothing about how this machine works and what the individual components do, so forgive me for asking to basic questions

My problem / how it reacts:
It will play just fine for about 10 min after I put the power on it. Everything works fine – all lightbulbs, sound and the individual mechanical devices etc. No problems at all. Then (When its warmed up? Could be an electrical components that’s now short wiring?) I start to see small random flicks on these 2 coils/actuators (see picture / red cirkles) – the one for the rebounder in the left lower corner and the “ball release” actuator in the right corner. They will randomly fire/activte for about 5 minutes while im playing. Whilst this happens – I can still play the game.
Then, both actuators will freeze in the “activated position”, meaning current is running through them. When this happens, the game freezes – and I cannot restart it. If I just leave it, the coils will go very hot as the power is constantly on. So I always keep it unplugged since this happened.
After some time – typically the day after or so – when I plug it back in, the game will work again for a few minutes and then repeat the process.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be wrong with it?? All help is highly appreciated

Thomas from Denmark

dl02 (resized).jpgdl02 (resized).jpgdl03 (resized).jpgdl03 (resized).jpgdl04 (resized).jpgdl04 (resized).jpgpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

Sorry I can't help, but to suggest you might also post in this forum:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club

#3 3 years ago

The connector (green/white wires)that goes from the mpu to the driver board looks unseated on the right side.
I would disconnect it and re-seat it for a better connection.

Do you have the manual with schematics?
It helps when fixing machines.

Check those batteries for corrosion.(clean holder and replace batteries.)

You probably don't know about doing the ground mods but that should be done as well.

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

-Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-a-gottlieb-diamond-lady and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.