• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Seedy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Was playing a game when lightning struck the power transformer outside house. Looking at it found bonus unit increment coil was fried (replaced). Various functions of machine still didn't work (flippers, top hole eject and a few others (got those working by cleaning a ton of relay contacts). The final problem is driving me crazy... whenever the 1000 point relay energizes it stays energized and the 1000 point score does not register. When I manually increment the 1000 pt. score wheel the relay de-energizes like it is suppose to. Can't figure out how when 1000 pts are scored why 1000 pt. score wheel won't respond. As an aside when i manually set some scores when i start a new game all score wheels reset to zero properly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#4 3 years ago

Thanks to all for help. This has been a problem with a lesson in humility. checked xformer for proper voltages. All are good but worth checking since surge might have shorted some windings (I wouldn't have thought of that). The 1000 pt. re. contact off player up unit was the problem. Cleaned it several times and manually closing contacts looked like were making contact. Used a clip lead to short contact proved looks were deceiving and it needed a slight adjustment. All is good now Thank you all!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seedy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-with-a-bally-boomarang?tu=seedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.