New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 168073)

Problem with 3 displays not working on pinbot

By Milltown

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I just got my 86 pinbot.. player one display and player number ball are working.. player 2 3 and 4 are not.. it seemed when I looked the machines displays all worked and here they seemed to.. now 3 of them are not working .. any common issue with this I should look for ?

#2 4 years ago

Everything else on the game is fine.. I've disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cables and still nothing ?

#3 4 years ago

And if I swap at the board the 1 and 2 display connectors no 1 display will show what number 2 should display should show ?

#4 4 years ago

Figured out.. 3 bad displays .. the ol swap out.. any were to get individual displays cheap?

#5 4 years ago

PinballLife sells display glass at around $60 each. If you go this way, confirm you have the correct voltages on your power supply so you dont blow up the new displays.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Display_problems

Since you have to replace 3 of them, maybe its a good idea to upgrade to LED displays? The cost will be about the same and these will last a lifetime, plus you don't have the hassle of having to solder the display glass.

PinScore PS-10877-P
PinLED 10015

#6 4 years ago

If three are out, I would just get a whole new display and not mess with new glass.

http://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-wms10877/

#7 4 years ago

Maker sure the ribbon cables are ok. Then if the displays are bad, i would go with xpin...

#8 4 years ago

After a few tests.. 3,displays are,down.. and the one that works is changed... gonna get the led set.. for 210 bucks it seems worth it...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
Sale Pending!
Bethlehem, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mullica Hill, NJ
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside