Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I tried to update the code of my transformers le pinball for the first time today. I followed the instructions step by step until the display told me to "insert the USB". When I inserted the USB stick in the designated slot nothing happened. The display didn't change still saying to "insert the USB". I am using the same USB memory that I use to update my ACDC so I don't know what's wrong. The memory has a light that indicates it is connected to a pc or USB port and it lights, but the machine doesn't read it......Can anybody help me / give advice to solve this?

#2 11 years ago

My last uodate after having done several went whacky too. Go back and make sure you have deleted everything on that stick. make sure you put the unzipped file on the drive and try again. The odd thing is it should acknowledge you inserted the USB and at least say no code or something.

#3 11 years ago

Try a different USB stick. Try reformatting it.

#4 11 years ago

I just bought a new USB stick just to make sure it was not a problem with my old one. Saved .bin file in the new USB stick and tried again....still nothing....it is like the port doesn't recognise any memory stick....what can i do?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

I just bought a new USB stick just to make sure it was not a problem with my old one. Saved .bin file in the new USB stick and tried again....still nothing....it is like the port doesn't recognise any memory stick....what can i do?

Try a different USB stick.

LTG : )

#6 11 years ago

I have tried 3 different ones....they all work with my AC/DC, none of them work with the Transformers...I am stuck with code 1.0....that sucks....

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

I have tried 3 different ones....they all work with my AC/DC, none of them work with the Transformers...I am stuck with code 1.0....that sucks....

Get in touch with Stern then. Must be a board issue.

#8 11 years ago

Thanks LTG.... I will do that...

#9 11 years ago

This is what stern suggested me to do:

"Please remove the BOOT EPROM at location U9 on the CPU board and inspect it for any bent pins"

How do I do this? Does it come off just by pulling it?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

How do I do this? Does it come off just by pulling it?

IC puller helps, be careful it can come out kind of hard, so you don't damage anything. Pretty much straight up and out.

#11 11 years ago

Make sure that when you save the program to your USB that you properly close the software on your computer before removing the USB. I had that problem and it would not work unless I did it this way.

#12 11 years ago

Did you flip the correct DIP switch #8 on the MPU??? If so, I would agree that either the boot flash eprom is either corrupted, has a bent leg or not seated in it's socket correctly. You could try to remove it and see if you get the same results with it removed from the game. Could help point to the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-updating-codehelp-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.