Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by fossmin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am having trouble installing the latest update. Actually this is my first update, as I have not tried to install any of the previous ones. I inserted the usb stick prior to turning the machine on, then go into the service menu to the usb update line. When I select this nothing happens. The zip file is on the usb stick and not in a sub folder. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gerry

#2 8 years ago

Was the machine on when you put the usb drive in? In early versions mine would only detect if it was present at startup. Restart the machine with it attached and see if it finds it.

#3 8 years ago

Is the update in a folder on the zip?

#4 8 years ago

The usb stick was attached prior to startup. The file is not in a sub folder.

#5 8 years ago

can you verify the pc detected the thumb drive? If you can attach a keyboard and mouse to the pc. Follow the instructions here to close the bop2 software: http://www.dutchpinball.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44

then open windows explorer and see if the thumb drive is present. Could be a format issue. I try and stick with fat32 on my thumb drive. I have an old 1GB model I use for updates to this and my colordmd.

Good luck

PS. this will be easier if you hook up a different monitor via HDMI

#6 8 years ago

Got it figured out. For some reason my computer automatically unzipped the file. So it was unzipped on the usb stick. I re-installed it on the usb in a zipped file format and everything updated smoothly.

Thanks for the help.

Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-updating-bop-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.