72F5AAF9-BEEA-44F2-8BC0-ED1C17471B07 (resized).jpeg
DB295056-1679-4529-A871-26F32612B528 (resized).jpeg
fantasy_jump (resized).png
E7C7093C-54E6-4364-9AD0-739EC6E3F4DA (resized).jpeg
17EF5264-C091-4886-97A4-73EECF8E8DB8 (resized).jpeg
Fantasy motor switch dog (resized).jpg
AB473715-31FC-49EA-A2E9-68A8CAD1A22F (resized).jpeg
Fantasy motor (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 2 years ago

I have a follow up similar issue. hoping “MarkG” can help

I have a Playmatic “New World”. (just picked up from a fellow Pinsider. I needed a project pin and he had this one ). Game cleaned up great and besides a few switches here and there she’s up and running.

This issue - when set on 3 ball mode - all is good. When set on 5 ball, just one player (multi player works fine) but on ball 3 and/or ball 4 - it activates T3 or T4 and points go to either of those score reels. J3 /J4 are not activated. It varies between player 3 & 4 on diff games.

As if the balls played unit is not making the full needed rotation to go to player 1 / T1.

Both trough switches are adjusted correctly.
Motor switch 6C closed correctly

In 3 ball mode, all is well. As with multi player in 5 ball mode. This only occurs in 5 ball mode, single player. Weird.

Not sure if this is a cause or separate issue - but if I hit the credit button once - I get one player. Hit it a 2nd time - all three remaining players light up and J2, J3 & J4 activate. (I thought it should be one player added per push on the credit / play button ?

Any suggestions ? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

#41 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Status-
Checked / cleaned - the start button switch, 6E is normally closed but when rotating it does open correctly. “I” also seems to be working correctly as well.

Noticed (back in 3 player mode) - 1st push of start button gets player 1, 2nd gets 2 player, one more push and players 3&4 are added. (Maybe 3 player is not available?)

I’ve cleaned the rivets and raised each contact to clean those as well, then made sure they were seated well.

Seems like it needs to rotate once more (if lands on player 4) or rotate twice more (if Lands on player 3) to get it back to player 1 Correctly.

#43 2 years ago

Explanation and details are amazing - thank you!

I’ve cleaned the balls played unit (again). Raised the score motor assembly to see all switches and adjusted per schematics.

Set it back to 5 ball - one time it played single player fine. I thought ok, that issue solved. Next game - on ball 4 it dropped to player 4 again. Ugh. *But- after that (6 games in - it’s playing ok and getting all 5 balls on player one.

So thinking the dirty rivets may have been it and it just needed cleaned 3 times and played several games to make contact correctly?

So I’ll post back on that if anything comes up but thinking issue closed.

On the other problem -it’s intermittent. Sometimes on the 2nd push of the start button I get #2 and #3 player (J2 & J3 activate simultaneous ). Then once more on the start button and J4 activates and player 4 is enabled.

Sometimes I only get #2 player on second push of the start button (as it should ) And when I push the start button the 3rd time - both J3 & J4 activate simultaneously. Score motor rotates once.

All else is working great. If I can get this lil problem fixed she’s 100%! (Amazing Playfield and backglass on this one so even tho a Playmatic she holds her own against some of the big 3 of that era (IMO)

Again thanks for all the help and tips here!

#49 2 years ago

I’ll be watching for responses as I’m still having the same issues with my Playmatic New World.

Question - does yours work fine in 3 ball mode? Mine does. In 5 ball mode it’s intermittent on which ball it messes up on & which player it’ll revert to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nikrox2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-four-players-playmatic-fantasy?tu=Nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.