72F5AAF9-BEEA-44F2-8BC0-ED1C17471B07 (resized).jpeg
DB295056-1679-4529-A871-26F32612B528 (resized).jpeg
fantasy_jump (resized).png
E7C7093C-54E6-4364-9AD0-739EC6E3F4DA (resized).jpeg
17EF5264-C091-4886-97A4-73EECF8E8DB8 (resized).jpeg
Fantasy motor switch dog (resized).jpg
AB473715-31FC-49EA-A2E9-68A8CAD1A22F (resized).jpeg
Fantasy motor (resized).jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:if that's a hassle, you could also jumper the J2 - J4 switches in the add balls played circuit that are NC one at a time and see if that makes a difference when the score motor is running normally. That at least eliminates problems with those switches

I think very close now and found where the problem is. Need to do some further testing to solve it.
Try to explain what i did.
Jumpered J2 switch not the Y BL but the other no power line direct to the add balls play coil, for some reason when i start new game the hold switch does activated.
Then removed the jumper from the add ball coil, start the game, and before start to play, reinstalled the jumper and everything works fine.
Everytime starting a new game need to remove jumper first and before play the ball reinstal the jumper.
So during the startup process something went wrong. The problem is between J2 and the add ball coil. In between are the Z and Y switch, but seems to be ok, because are used in all other situation as well.
Hope you understand what i did

#52 2 years ago

I think if I followed the wire correctly the J2 switch has MA-BLK and YE-BLK wires on it. You jumpered the MA-BLK directly to the coil bypassing T2, Y and Z like the red line below?

Ya can't really do that otherwise every time the score motor runs you'll step the player unit ... which is why you can't do it when resetting.

the most you should jumper is the green line, but even that can make the player unit step incorrectly ... depends how many pulses M1A generates before M4C kicks the ball to the shooter and the Y relay unpowers. If M1A makes four pulses, then jumpering per the green line would work for a 1 player game, but it would only tell you the problem is one of the three paths that isn't the M2C one.

the problem with letting the score motor run is you can't tell which of the three paths ... all you can do is jumper the J2, J3 or J4 NC switch that is supposed to be closed one at a time and see if it makes a difference. If not, then it's probably T2, T3 or T4 and if the problem only happens in single player it should be T2.

I don't know when the switch bypassing the Z switch is closed. You have your problem on any ball in one player mode except the last one and never a problem when playing 2+ players?

fantasy_jump (resized).pngfantasy_jump (resized).png

#53 2 years ago

Sorry gave you the wrong information, my whole explanation is as per attached scheme the jumpering done in yellow.
By doing that found results as per my last post

DB295056-1679-4529-A871-26F32612B528 (resized).jpegDB295056-1679-4529-A871-26F32612B528 (resized).jpeg
#54 2 years ago

ugh ... ok.

the biggest question is what is the "on balls unit" switch that is in parallel to the Z relay switch doing ... when is it open vs. closed?

except for that switch, it seems unlikely either the Z or Y relay switch is flaky since you'd see issues when playing 2+ players also.

that leaves either that switch or a timing issue where the ball is being sent to the shooter before the player unit has completed stepping. The schem does not have a timing diagram, so you'd want to turn the score motor by hand and look at when an M4C switch with SL-WH and SL-BLK wires closes wrt to when the M1A switch with MA-BLK and SL-WH wires closes.

the M4C switch powers the ball return coil when Y is powered.

the M1A switch that advances the player unit from player 4 -> player 1 needs to close - and ideally open - BEFORE the M4C switch closes or the Y/Z relays may unpower and you lose the pulse.

I'd also try moving your jumper to jump the Y or Z switch one at a time and see if just one is the issue.

another test is stick paper between the Y relay switch blades with the SL-BLK and BK-GRN wires to disable the ball return coil before draining the ball. Then see if the player advance always works correctly.

there's a lot of "ball trough" switches. Got a hi-res pic of what they outhole/trough area looks like?

#55 2 years ago

Will take some time to do everything.
Yes the problem is only on single player game, when starting the first game goes ok and after that it starts when loosing first ball
Will send you clear picture of the outhole / through switch area. The through switches are located in the small runaway from outhole to shooterlane. The outhole only have van switch to activate the shoutout. The two switches in in the small runaway, one to activated ball play unit and one to activate bonusunit to start every game with already at 1. Both mounted in double switch to fire at same time.

#56 2 years ago

In addition the outhole switch activates also the countdown of the scored bonuspoints

#57 2 years ago

if the trough switch that powers the Z relay (SL-WH and GR-RD wires) only closes as the ball is being sent to the shooter, then you have another race condition.

Z powers Y, and a switch on Y (YE-RD and MA-SL) keeps Y powered until M2B opens. The player unit advance needs to finish before M2B opens ...

you'd want to verify M2C and M1A can generate four pulses before M2B opens.

abnormally large switch gaps on the trough switch or M1A could cause delays.

can you also post a top down pic of the score motor? Curious if you have the switch dogs that can change the score motor switch timing like gottlieb games do.

#58 2 years ago

Still working on al the given possible solutions. In the mean time send you the pictures of outhole shooterlane and through switches as requested.
Detailed top view of my score motor is already a part of this topic.
Already checked J2 J3 and J4 by jumpering NC switches and found to be ok.
As soon as i checked al the others given, wil let you know.

72F5AAF9-BEEA-44F2-8BC0-ED1C17471B07 (resized).jpeg72F5AAF9-BEEA-44F2-8BC0-ED1C17471B07 (resized).jpegB5C8F444-56FC-4A7A-9DE9-DD594A33ABB0 (resized).jpegB5C8F444-56FC-4A7A-9DE9-DD594A33ABB0 (resized).jpeg34B6778C-9DC9-4EB9-8577-5B67689E6B12 (resized).jpeg34B6778C-9DC9-4EB9-8577-5B67689E6B12 (resized).jpeg1693B021-FE28-47F2-BD72-4D71EF8AE5B5 (resized).jpeg1693B021-FE28-47F2-BD72-4D71EF8AE5B5 (resized).jpeg246ECD97-DD5D-4A4D-B1ED-2938B3884C65 (resized).jpeg246ECD97-DD5D-4A4D-B1ED-2938B3884C65 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#59 2 years ago

I think i need to give up. Checked all the given possibilities .
Situation is as follow. Machine runs perfect , exept when playing one player. That is the only situation that four pulses need to go to playerup unit to switch from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and back to player 1. Its not always but in most cases it stops on player four.
Checked with testlight the 5 pulses from score motor and test ok.
For sure i overlooked something,but cannot find.

#60 2 years ago

the most likely thing is Y or Z is unpowering too soon. i.e. it only works when the ball is closing the trough switches.

if you slow the ball down with your finger as it goes from the outhole to the shooter so it stays on the trough rollover longer, does it work?

do what you did in post 53, but only jumper the Z switch (blue) or the Y switch (red), not jump over both.

which one matters?

I assume the "on balls unit" switch the green arrow is pointing to is closed when the balls unit is reset, open otherwise?
new wold iss1 (resized).jpgnew wold iss1 (resized).jpg

you may need to disable the score motor and turn the cams by hand. The schem is a little lacking on wire colors, but in the schem chunk below, if you can find the M1C switch the arrow is pointing at and stick paper between the contacts, the score motor won't run. Hold closed the outhole switch with your finger and see which of the U, Y and Z relays power.

you can then turn the score motor cams by hand and watch what happens. Once the outhole solenoid fires, let go of the outhole switch and close the other trough switches, but let go immediately. Both the Y and Z relays should power and stay powered until you turn the score motor cams enough to open the M2B switch.

how many switches are on the outhole stack? If it's just one and that powers only the U relay to count off the bonus, then I don't see from the schem how the ball kicks over to the shooter.

fantasy iss2 (resized).jpgfantasy iss2 (resized).jpg
#61 2 years ago

Will work on it, already did the test with to slow down when the ball is shooting to the shooter lane and slow down before it activates the through switch.. i moved this switch as much as possible closer to the shooter lane to make the distanced from outhole to through switch as much as possible. No change.
Coming days will do all the other suggested test. Don,t like these spanish look al like machines, but reason i spend that much time on this one is that the machine is in a brand new condition and looks greath
Anyway appreciate your help

#62 2 years ago

btw, post 26 on this topic - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playmatic-new-world-help-needed-#post-6602806 - is extremely long and mostly incomprehensible, but it describes how the circuit works in New World.

Fantasy looks almost the same, except according to the schem, you have an extra trough switch that is powering the Y relay to get the ball to kick over to the shooter while his game uses a U relay switch + position '0' bonus unit switch.

since your score motors are different types:
- his score motor 6C switch is your score motor M2B,
- his impulse A switch is your M1A
- his 2B is your M2C

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

btw, post 26 on this topic - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playmatic-new-world-help-needed-#post-6602806 - is extremely long and mostly incomprehensible, but it describes how the circuit works in New World.
Fantasy looks almost the same, except according to the schem, you have an extra trough switch that is powering the Y relay to get the ball to kick over to the shooter while his game uses a U relay switch + position '0' bonus unit switch.
since your score motors are different types:
- his score motor 6C switch is your score motor M2B,
- his impulse A switch is your M1A
- his 2B is your M2C

Thanks for the extra info. Iam still struggling to get it solved

1 week later
#64 2 years ago

Did all the suggested tests in the area you pointed me.
You,re right its the M2B switch causes the problem. What i did is started the machine and the ball in shooterline.
Then jumpered hold in circuit switch from Y with switch M2B to make sure it keeps closed then whole run of score motor.
Let the jumper in place and machine runs perfect. For starting again need to remove jumper and did the same again a few times.
Its the timing of opening M2B and happens only when all the pulses are needed when playing one player game.
Ok now i need to find out how to change timing of this switch. Looking to this stack there is a kind of adjustable pusher plate mounted and need to see if something can be changed . Its only a minor tens of a second i need.

#65 2 years ago

the turntable style score motors mostly used on gottlieb games had switch dogs that could be in two positions to change timing.

sometimes the dog falls out when switch stack is removed and it needs to be back in the right slot.

gtb schems told you where the dog goes - (s)hort vs (l)ong position ... the playmatic schem doesn't seem to. If there's no paper stapled in the game, see if the other slot makes the stack timing what you need.

below is a pic from another post showing switch dogs and the slots in the switch dog brackets.

switch dog (resized).jpgswitch dog (resized).jpg

I'd guess if a switch is operating too soon you want the dog in the L position - the slot furthest from the two stack mounting holes.

#66 2 years ago

Dog founded in stack 2 was heavily bended, and out of shape see picture. It looks like force was used for reassembling.
Will try to get is back into the correct shape using an existing one as example . Then try again and if not work putting it into the L
position.
Finally get this one solved.
Thanks

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Dog founded in stack 2 was heavily bended, and out of shape see picture. It looks like force was used for reassembling.
Will try to get is back into the correct shape using an existing one as example . Then try again and if not work putting it into the L
position.
Finally get this one solved.
Thanks

4E2F3098-7FD1-4083-AFA7-9409540EB290 (resized).jpeg4E2F3098-7FD1-4083-AFA7-9409540EB290 (resized).jpeg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/problem-four-players-playmatic-fantasy/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.