• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB3120C8-1A04-41C9-BB4E-DF105201D68E (resized).jpeg
CCA90CB1-A7F0-4F52-92DA-7CA07A5A84DA (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Hi guys I recently acquired a Johnny Mnumonic and it works great but I’m a bit confused buy it’s behavior when I turn it on. It seems to loose the settings such as date/time and I set it to free play but it always falls back to a pay system. How do I get it to save the settings and boot up to free play?

#2 3 years ago

Check the battery?

#3 3 years ago

3 double A batteries in backbox.

#4 3 years ago

Sounds like dead battery and/or battery corrosion on the mpu. Remove the batteries and post a close up, sharp, photo of the holder and the area of the board beneath the holder, so ppl can see what you're working with.

#5 3 years ago

Make sure there is no battery leakage / corrosion near the battery holder.

#6 3 years ago

Not to beat the horse but definitely a battery! The battery is equipped with intentions of saving data after you turn the game off. This includes any game settings and high scores in the game. I usually change my batteries once a year when I do a cleaning.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I think I found the spot. Looks like no batteries are installed at all and it looks very clean. Guessing the previous owner took them out. He said he hadn’t played the game but. Few times over 10 years

BB3120C8-1A04-41C9-BB4E-DF105201D68E (resized).jpegBB3120C8-1A04-41C9-BB4E-DF105201D68E (resized).jpegCCA90CB1-A7F0-4F52-92DA-7CA07A5A84DA (resized).jpegCCA90CB1-A7F0-4F52-92DA-7CA07A5A84DA (resized).jpeg
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Dropabomb:

Thanks for the tip. I think I found the spot. Looks like no batteries are installed at all and it looks very clean. Guessing the previous owner took them out. He said he hadn’t played the game but. Few times over 10 years
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your picture isn't too great but it sounds like you got very lucky. To start you can just put three lithium batteries in that holder (they are much less likely to leak than alkalines) but you should at bare minimum put in a remote battery holder which is available from many sources, easy to connect up and cheap. Other options exist but those all require you to modify the board, some are easier than others but most people just use the remote holder.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Dropabomb:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Now that's a win!! If the previous owner had left the batteries in it over those 10 years you'd be facing a much bigger issue - there's not many non-pinheads out there that knew to remove the batteries. Congrats on the new pin!!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

three lithium batteries

Yes, this is the quickest, easiest fix. Plan on moving the batteries off the board later.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/probably-easy-answer-but?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.