008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
015.jpg
014-879.jpg
013.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

I am far from a pro but have done a fair bit of work with EM restorations- guided/assisted/taught completely and only from the help I have received here. Its actually fun, and filled with a number of learning curves but you can figure everything out with time and help- and you will be amazed at how quickly people here will jump in to help you- even going so far as to pull out schematics they have filed somewhere and posting images pulled from them with specific switches/coils circled telling you which color wire to look at on which specific switch! You can do this- Pinside is a truly amazing resource.

I have to say- the fact that a repro back glass seems available and that the play field is in quite good shape, I would not be dissuaded from bringing this one back.

I know your going to play it first, and I would as well- but do not be too intimidated by this project-

I would be more interested in looking over the wiring under the play field and the bottom of the cabinet and head- if there are no obvious hacks your probably going to have a fairly easy time making it play really really good. If the wiring is hacked to death and your new to EM's this will require patience but plenty of people here can walk you through every problem you encounter.

Have fun- do not be afraid to just dive in and try shit-

First order of business for ANY EM owner-

Buy/beg/borrow/copy/download the schematics and manual. IPDB often has them linked and free- but not always- so post here if you need them- someone can help- and you NEED THEM.

Don't worry if they make absolutely no sense- you need them and they will start to make increasingly more sense the more time you spend seeking help and looking at them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/probably-bit-off-more-than-i-can-chew-a-pos-williams-gulfstream-basket-case?tu=rufessor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.