008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
015.jpg
014-879.jpg
013.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

well I paid just a few dollars for this POS... it was dark when I came across it and decided to take it home and see what happens... when I saw it in the light I almost brought it right to the dumpster but every pin deserves to live so I'm going to see if I can at least get it to play again...the backglass is in horrendous condition, the cab is beat up and the head was hanging on by a thread (I almost broke it off and had it fall onto the playfield glass when I was putting it back on) the playfield is not as bad as the rest of the machine, the lockbar was taped on(I don't know why as the locking mechanism works fine)... aluminum foil around fuses (always a good sign) etc. etc.

when I turn it on it lights up (yay) and the score motor just runs non stop

I guess I will at least get some much needed practice on em repair/troubleshooting

wish me luck...........

by the way if anybody knows where I can get a backglass please let me know..

013.jpg013.jpg
014-879.jpg014-879.jpg015.jpg015.jpg012.jpg012.jpg011.jpg011.jpg010.jpg010.jpg009.jpg009.jpg008.jpg008.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and thanks for the before and after pics of some of the restorations that have been completed...they look great.

I'm going to get it up and playing before I do any cosmetic work... after that don't know how far I plan on going but I will post any progress as it happens.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art
Decorations
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/probably-bit-off-more-than-i-can-chew-a-pos-williams-gulfstream-basket-case?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.