Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2.jpg
    1.jpg
    image_2.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    0610_KSLO_Pinball7_5804206_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

hi,
    i have noticed that the average money gap between pro and premium/LE stern machines was 3000$

Acdc: 3000$
    Metalica: 3500$
    Star Trek: 3000$
    Tron: 4500$
    X-men: 1500$
    etc

In your opinion, based on the software, esthetic or other factor which pinball machine worth this difference? none,1,2..all?

thanks

#12 8 years ago

There is no code improvement for premium/LE?

#22 8 years ago

That's amazing there is not an alternative Angus artwork on acdc, it is so ugly.

So i can make a first analysis:
    X-Men: worth. All the more as the $ gap seems to be the weakest compared to other games. Playfield and software are différents
    Acdc: not really worth. All the more as the mini playfield is quite useless. Drop target bank versus stand up target bank can't justify the price gap. Better light show as for all premium machines
    Tron: not worth. The biggest price gap as there is no premium pin. The eli ramp mod can tied LE machine. Drop target bank, recognizer moving.
    Metallica: not worth. Just hammer toy added.
    Star trek: not worth. Amazing light show However on premium/LE
    Walking dead: worth. Light show, lifting ramp, crossbow
    Kiss: not worth
    Avengers:hawkeye ramp, minor price gap with pro.
    LOTR: not worth

What about transformers, mustang, Avatar, rolling stones, wrestlemania?

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Uh....there's way more than "just a hammer" on Metallica.

Just Tell me, i will add In the summary what it is. Thx

#45 8 years ago

Edit:

X-Men: worth. All the more as the $ gap seems to be the weakest compared to other games. Playfield and software are différents
    Acdc: not really worth. All the more as the mini playfield is quite useless. Drop target bank versus stand up target bank can't justify the price gap. Better light show as for all premium machines. but angus face is so ugly.
    Tron: not worth. The biggest price gap as there is no premium pin. The eli ramp mod can tied LE machine. Drop target bank, recognizer moving and a MB added on the limited edition
    Metallica: worth. hammer toy added, moving cross, disappearing ball lock into coffin, snake jaw
    Star Trek: not worth. Amazing light show However on premium/LE
    Walking Dead: worth. Light show, lifting ramp, crossbow
    Kiss: not worth
    Avengers:worth. hawk eye ramp and minor price gap with pro.
    LOTR: not worth. esthetic improvements
    Avatar: not worth. has a powerball starting 2x scoring
    Rolling stones: not worth. has a powerball starting 2x scoring
    Elvis: not worth

What about Transformers, mustang, wrestlemania?

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Oh and XM is an awesome pin haters gonna hate.

i have done yesterday over 57m (an honorable score if i can compared with high scores here) and i still not understand how i did it. just try to play the best i can without knowing what i need to hit to score high. Frustration.

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kirk is ALWAYS overselling this "crashing ship" (and every other underwhelming feature on this LE).
    It shakes. Big deal.

When i saw it first time, it had reminded me more the LOTR tower then MM castle.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from zeddex:

Another pinside thread where we all learn for the 1,8346,756,374,645 time that taste is subjective. Stern give you options! Options are awesome! Decide what works for you, *FOR EACH TITLE INDIVIDUALLY* and buy it (or don't)! Features, art package, budget, theme appeal, etc,....the equation is different for each title and each person's connection to said title.
    For whatever reason, the Stern Premiums always have the art package that appeals to me the most out of the three. Art is super important to me (but not to everyone! Plus its totally valid that other packages would appeal more to other individuals)...so, when I factor in additional features + the art I like best (or hate the least as it may be) + the not quite as insane bump in price vs the LE, then thats usually the best option for me! If I had a strict budget, or thought the PRO art was killer, or both...or thought the Pro played better etc etc etc...the the pro would be a fine option as well. Its not as if the Pros aren't fun to play. I love my Star Trek premium and am glad I have those bells and whistles, but I have played the Pro extensively and its just as fun!

Thanks for your 1,8346,756,374,645 th participation.

More serioustly the commun point is to answer one question: How to know which game i would really like if i can't buy it and so make my own and fair opinion based on a solid experience? You ask advises to other pinsiders, you try to compare your own tastes with other collectors, their experience, their collection etc..you try to look for similarities to put all your chances on your side.

#79 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I looked at your collection and list of previously owned games. It looks like you like variety and probably buy and sell a lot. I think each game should be considered individually. In my observations, most of the LEs have not appreciated in value much beyond the sale price. I think the long strategy is best to not buy in the first year. Other than the convenience of having it shipped relatively cheap in a well protected box, you could end up saving quite a bit. Also, you loose the risk of it being a turd. There are, consistently, nice examples of premium and LE games for sale. Many of those are very low play and have been in one location since being unboxed.
    My own experience doesn't quite match my advice.
    Spider-Man- 1st pin, NIB. I wasn't aware of BSM and wouldn't have spent the extra. (Eventually sold for variety).
    ACDC Prem- got it NIB first run. I thought it, and still do, that it was the best version short of BIB. (Eventually sold for variety).
    LOTR LE- got it in trade. Either model would have been fine.
    TRON LE- bought it used with original code. Low play. (Eventually sold for variety). This is the only game I have sold for a profit. It was not my goal, circumstances just worked out that way.
    STLE- got it NIB. Dream theme. Totally love it. To me, well worth the extra money.
    Mustang Pro- got it in trade. I really like this game now but sure thought it was a turd when released. This was a great way for me to try it. I'm now looking to upgrade.
    Now I'm looking at GOT and just can't decide. I really liked the pro, but think I want the castle. I'll just have to play one first and that may take a while to find one. I'll probably decide at TPF in March.

I totally agree with you, i would not ever buy new in box. What you don't see In my owned games list are STLE and ACDC premium bought NIB. a bad event in my Life forced me to sell them still in The box, just arrived. So i do not consider that i had them but Generally i prefer to buy once The value is stabilized that allows me to limit The risk of bad game.

Anyway, if money was not a problem i would not ask myself if i buy a pro or premium/le.

If i can summarize this thread until now is that The gameplay on whatever edition are The same or very very close. Premium and LE are essentialy aesthetic improvements or toys added However That have no real influence on The gameplay. They are intended to wealthy collectors which is not at all a criticism. If i could i would buy only LE pinball machine. So except X-Men, i don't think a premium worth 2000-2500$ more or The value of an BSD or NGG more for example.

#84 8 years ago

But that is useless, like on congo or others, i mean under mini playfield.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pro-vs-premiumle?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.